Updated AU.com site.

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Updated AU.com site.

Post by Jason R » Nov 10th 2002, 1:09 pm

http://www.anotheruniverse.com/mscldvd/

It now states that the bonus disc and lunchbox are expected to ship in December.

It would be interesting to know whether the negative press pressured them to do this, or whether this is just so that when people don't get the bonus disc and lunchbox, that when they look at the AU site, they will think it was there all along.

In either case, I'm glad that they may have buckled to public pressure. The next goal is the refund of all double bills and cancellations, and this gives me some cause for optimism.

Jason

mephisto
Angela's best friend

Re: Updated AU.com site.

Post by mephisto » Nov 10th 2002, 1:14 pm

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:The next goal is the refund of all double bills and cancellations, and this gives me some cause for optimism.
actually the next goal should be that and to ensure that the misterious "2nd wave" of DVDs will be shipped ;)

I still have no clue why there are 2 waves. hopefully everyone will get a set!
(not even talking about getting the bonus DVD produced...)
The Unofficial AnotherUniverse.com/My So-Called Life DVD-Booklet - Finally available for download!

*** The AU/RR appreciation Site ***

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Nov 10th 2002, 1:17 pm

I think BMG was paid so late that it pushed back production. Perhaps a portion of the discs went to Ventura, or perhaps they just took longer to make.

I had the check discs in early Sept, and none of the minor typos were fixed, so you know that if this was paid for when it was supposed to be, you'd have your discs by now.
mephisto wrote:
Jason Rosenfeld wrote:The next goal is the refund of all double bills and cancellations, and this gives me some cause for optimism.
actually the next goal should be that and to ensure that the misterious "2nd wave" of DVDs will be shipped ;)

I still have no clue why there are 2 waves. hopefully everyone will get a set!

Jessica Popsicles
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Jessica Popsicles » Nov 10th 2002, 2:09 pm

Yeah, for some reason I do believe that AU might've only had a certain amount the first time. They probably kept some aside for the people that were going to threaten them or the ones that get lost, though.

So, hopefully that second wave does exist and will start shipping out soon. Soon as in later this week like Mike said they would.

I'm really tired of waiting. I'm still getting a set from Amazon which will be here probably sooner than the AU set, but trying to keep up with what is going on and worrying about things has really become too much.
+it can't be all that hard if you can sum it up in a postcard.

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

AU's next project

Post by Sascha » Nov 10th 2002, 2:10 pm

I noticed that they started promoting their next project:
http://www.anotheruniverse.com/tzdvd/ wrote:AnotherUniverse.com is bringing you all 5 seasons of the original Twilight Zone series, in chronological order for the first time. These five seasons are being offered as a complete box set, The Twilight Zone: Gold Collection. Sign-up to receive our Twilight Zone Email Update and find out when we will start taking orders.

Packaging
THE TWILIGHT ZONE DVD The Gold Collection is comprised of 44 discs which, for the first time ever, are in chronological order of air date by season.there are an additional 5 discs, one for each season, which have additional information and commentary.

The Gold Collection is numbered and limited to a production of 2500 sets.

Price
$399.99 plus shipping and handling

http://www.anotheruniverse.com/tzdvd/

mephisto
Angela's best friend

Re: AU's next project

Post by mephisto » Nov 10th 2002, 3:08 pm

sab wrote:I noticed that they started promoting their next project:
and have a look at this: "Release Date: November 22nd"

the new AU mantra: "screw new customers while old customers are still waiting for their DVDs"
The Unofficial AnotherUniverse.com/My So-Called Life DVD-Booklet - Finally available for download!

*** The AU/RR appreciation Site ***

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Nov 10th 2002, 4:26 pm

mephisto wrote:
sab wrote:I noticed that they started promoting their next project:
and have a look at this: "Release Date: November 22nd"

the new AU mantra: "screw new customers while old customers are still waiting for their DVDs"
Yeah well atleast we know where our f***ing money went! :evil:

Goddamnit they piss me off SOOOOO much.

On the good side, when they sell some of those sets maybe we will start seeing our money again. (yeah right).

Tempting set too, but never through AU.

vapspwi
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by vapspwi » Nov 10th 2002, 5:25 pm

Holy crap, a 49 disc box set? That's unreal!

JRjr

Anakin
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Anakin » Nov 10th 2002, 9:47 pm

mephisto wrote: I still have no clue why there are 2 waves. hopefully everyone will get a set!
I think they don't have enough staff to deal with the delivery, they first delivery the so-called 1st wave to comfort customers, and then they do back their other business, maybe other DVD sets. Then they squeeze out some time to make the so-called 2nd wave later.
If you will not fight, then you will meet your destiny!

ingramje
Nicky Driscoll

Post by ingramje » Nov 11th 2002, 10:24 am

If someone is a member of a Twilight Zone message board, I hope they can get the word out and let all the TZ people know what we have had to and still are dealing with!

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Nov 11th 2002, 10:28 am

If you look at the *very* bottom of the http://www.anotheruniverse.com/tzdvd page, you'll find this disclaimer:

"This is the same as the original Image Entertainment DVD’s only collected in chronological order and slipcased."

I hope they pay the slipcase manufacturer.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Nov 11th 2002, 11:32 am

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:If you look at the *very* bottom of the http://www.anotheruniverse.com/tzdvd page, you'll find this disclaimer:

"This is the same as the original Image Entertainment DVD’s only collected in chronological order and slipcased."

I hope they pay the slipcase manufacturer.
Christ....

I bet you the Image Ent. release is 50% cheaper.

I wrote AU an email thanking them for stealing my money to fund this dvd. Surprisingly there was no reply as of yet. :shock: