Tired of AU? Sick of Ross? Read this.

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
zero
Liberty High Student

Tired of AU? Sick of Ross? Read this.

Post by zero » Nov 7th 2002, 6:53 pm

I have said this before but it bears repeating. Rather than simply vent on here about how much you detest the way you have been treated - it's not too late to cancel with AU.

Those of you who have not/did not cancel - shame on you for wanting a lunchbox so badly you are prepared to capitulate with Ross.

Some of you have now started to receive your DVD's - send them back.

AU offer a 30 day money back no quibble* Guarantee. Use it. You might have to wait an age for your cash but if you have an ounce of self respect then you should be prepared to. Order from someone else, wait a paltry few extra days and be able to watch the series without hearing the sound of AU's cash registers ringing in the background.

Consumer pressure got these disks made, consumer pressure can also teach AU not to treat people this way, but you have to have a little guts.

Rant over.

*no quibble - define "quibble"?

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Nov 7th 2002, 7:18 pm

Shipping on returned DVDs + Money Owed by AU to You + No DVDs = 0

Money Owed By AU + DVDs in Hand = Something to watch in between calling gov't agencies.

I would rather have something than nothing at this point. Will make the eternal wait for my cash go a tiny bit easier.

Don't tell others how to handle their business and dont disrespect them for not doing it your way. Especially when your way has gotten no-thing so far.

zero
Liberty High Student

Post by zero » Nov 7th 2002, 7:36 pm

"Don't tell others how to handle their business and dont disrespect them for not doing it your way"

It's meant to be more of a forceful suggestion than a command, but you are quite right to call me on the wording I used.

However I reserve the right to not respect anyone who didn't cancel. If you can afford to wait for a possible repayment then I think we who have been complaining for months have a duty to put our $ where our mouths are and not give AU a cent.

"I hate Ross and AU sucks but I'm still going to pay top dollar and give AU business because I value the DVD's over my own self respect" doesn't cut it with me.

No offence meant to those who can ill afford the money they have already spent - but I can't understand how anyone who loves the show could bear to watch the set knowing they had lined RR's pockets. For me it would be tainted and spoil something i've looked forward to for years.

Minerwerks
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Minerwerks » Nov 7th 2002, 8:52 pm

but I can't understand how anyone who loves the show could bear to watch the set knowing they had lined RR's pockets. For me it would be tainted and spoil something i've looked forward to for years.
Perhaps I'm just cynical, but I'm more amazed these days when a company does something right.
= Derek =

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Nov 7th 2002, 9:09 pm

Minerwerks wrote:Perhaps I'm just cynical, but I'm more amazed these days when a company does something right.
Exactly. Thats what dealing with utility companies and crooked realtors does to you. I was hunky-dory until I had to start dealing with all of that stuff. Now I feel like I'm fighting tool and nail to keep companies from stealing from me. That turns someone bitter really fast.

I have ended up getting quite a decent amount of money returned by complaining to the right people, but I'm not sure the stress is worth it.
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

Jennifer
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Jennifer » Nov 7th 2002, 10:00 pm

Okay, Zero, here's the thing. Yes, what AU has done sucks hugely. No, I would never--NEVER--do business with them again. But I haven't canceled my order, and I have no intention of canceling my order. It's not a question of supporting a company that doesn't deserve it. It's a question of waiting out the end of a transaction. I didn't use a credit card to order mine. The chance that I'm going to get a refund on my canceled check is slim to none. And no, I can't afford to give them a hundred bucks and then pay for a second set of DVD's.

People have waited a long, long time for these DVD's, and their arrival is in many ways a happy note at the end of a long, ugly battle. Telling them to send them back is telling them to add one more headache to that battle. I don't think that having the outcome be that we get what we paid for is a bad thing. It's not about the lunchbox. It's about getting out of this with the fewest amount of scars.

On top of which, I don't think that keeping the DVD's as delivered months later than they were promised is going to make the case against AU, should someone be making a case against AU, any weaker.

The reality is that most people just want to own the show that they've waited forever to own. I don't think AU will survive this debacle, but before they go down, I want my Jared Leto. That's what's most important to me.

DoubleBilled
Three Rivers Resident

Post by DoubleBilled » Nov 7th 2002, 10:59 pm

Zero, your opinion is duly noted.

Now, please sod off.

As I have stated before, I want the lunch box and bonus disc. Thats why I bought the SET. I have the series on tape. I want the LB and BD, dude.

Yeah they screwed us over, but it's getting taken care of. I disputed my double charge. I have it back. My discs on the way. All I need is the bonus items, which AU has told not only us forumites but EVERYBODY on the DVD email list to expect them in Dec, so I expect them in Dec.

Once that happens, I got what I paid for...

DB

zero
Liberty High Student

Post by zero » Nov 7th 2002, 11:25 pm

DoubleBilled wrote: As I have stated before, I want the lunch box and bonus disc.

...All I need is the bonus items, which AU has told not only us forumites but EVERYBODY on the DVD email list to expect them in Dec, so I expect them in Dec. Once that happens, I got what I paid for...
Rude, but i'll let that slide.

If you want the LB&BD that bad - more power to you.
If you expect them in December because they say that's when to expect them... ?

Krakolano
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Krakolano » Nov 8th 2002, 3:31 am

ah ha...
he told you to 'sod off'....

i agree -- its about getting what you pay for...and once i get my dvd's this thing will be over, and i can forget about AU for the rest of my life, living out my days in blissful entire series watching nostalgic ecstasy...

i'm going to receive the HELL out of those DVDs...

but seriously zero, do what you feel like you should do, and more power to you...but its your call and yours alone...just like to keep or not to keep is my call...and i choose to keep because once i get this thing its over for me.

yours,
"i don't believe in making plans...whatever happens... happens."

-- Krak

marquito
Jody Barsh

Using Reason

Post by marquito » Nov 8th 2002, 4:50 am

Wait a second... why should we be responsible for AU's screw up? Why do I have to return my DVD and not have anything to watch? Why do I have to give up my exclusive right to have this DVD? Further, why is it that even as I helped make this DVD possible I have to order from "someplace else" just to teach AU a lesson and forfeit the mystery bonus disc and lunchbox and whatever other compensation I deserve? No, AU shouldn't treat us this way, but I'm not willing to give back my DVDs once I receive them. Once I have my DVDs and the entire package promised, I will make the proper complaints. I will make sure no one I know will ever order anything from or ever use AU for the rest of their lives. AU is just the company that distributes the discs. For that matter, why don't I make a wish that MSCL was never made or something. Let's just un-do everything that was ever done. NO! Because that's ridiculous. I don't see how returning my DVDs will help ME. I won't have my fecking DVDs and I'll get my set years later from somewhere else and that's if they have sets left at that point. This is AU's to fix, not mine. I'm not going through the trouble of sending back DVDs I've been waiting an entire year for. AU should be hand-delivering my DVDs and kissing my toes (and I use this term in lieu of the stronger one as I don't want to alarm anyone). And as I'm of the opinion that AU is not the only one who was wrong in this, everyone should be treating me like royalty. Unfortunately, NO ONE is or will. And I don't plan on an extended relationship with AU, so I really could care less about striking a financial blow as long as I have my DVDs.

I guess it's true what they say: It's a thin line between love and hate. Some people cross the line and become so obsessed with a cause that they actually start to love what they hate. Thank God I'm using reason and putting plenty of distance between myself and AU once this is all over. Everyone should do what they want. I don't think I or anyone else who hasn't canceled needs the added grief of being counseled contradictorily at every turn. I'll do what I want, thank you very much. And, if anything, I'll do the opposite of anything that anyone advises me because I have to trust myself and my intuition first. All else is secondary.