Hmmm, It would seem I am a part of the "second wave&quo

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Benebula98
Liberty High Student

Hmmm, It would seem I am a part of the "second wave&quo

Post by Benebula98 » Nov 7th 2002, 6:24 pm

Here is the email response I just got to my order status inquiry:

Hey Ben,
Your order is scheduled for wave 2. The second wave of sets should hit out
warehouse on or about the 13 of Nov. To be processed shortly thereafter.
If you have any more questions please feel free to e-m me.

Respectfully
Mike

Anyone else lucky enough have been informed they will be waiting a lot longer? Is this because I ordered a set with episodes 4-19? Or is it because I have to go through USPS to have my order shipped to my PO Box?

GRUMPY *BEN*

Jennifer
Nicky Driscoll

Re: Hmmm, It would seem I am a part of the "second wave

Post by Jennifer » Nov 7th 2002, 6:41 pm

Benebula98 wrote:
Anyone else lucky enough have been informed they will be waiting a lot longer? Is this because I ordered a set with episodes 4-19? Or is it because I have to go through USPS to have my order shipped to my PO Box?
Hey Ben, I ordered 1-19, am having it shipped through UPS and haven't heard a thing. Did you email your status request or call them?

At least you got a response...

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Nov 7th 2002, 7:04 pm

Why are some people getting it as part of wave 2? and why is wave 2 a week away?

Jennifer
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Jennifer » Nov 7th 2002, 7:05 pm

That's a very good question, Jason. Wouldn't I love to know the answer. Wouldn't I love to know that I'm part of Wave 2!

TessD1891
Overlooked Sibling

Post by TessD1891 » Nov 7th 2002, 7:19 pm

Benebula98 wrote:Here is the email response I just got to my order status inquiry:

Hey Ben,

Respectfully
Mike
Did you get that by emailing Mike? If so, what's his email address? I haven't gotten an email and I would like to find out my order status as well.
Brian, we're not talking about wallpaper here, are we.

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Nov 7th 2002, 8:21 pm

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:Why are some people getting it as part of wave 2? and why is wave 2 a week away?
UPS must have checked this board and figured out that an anotheruniverse.com purchase order is worth about "0.0001". Now the race is on to find another shipping vendor stupid enough to open a credit account for au.com.

Seriously, though, Jason, anotheruniverse.com has typically only done the right thing for 15 to 20% of the dvd customers. So actually they are in character... make a few people happy in hopes that everyone else will shut up.

As far as Wave #1, I can't believe that they are getting addresses wrong for cases where people called and requested a new shipping address. I'm starting to think their "database" consists of a rolodex with tiny scraps of paper.

phelix
Yearbook Team

Post by phelix » Nov 7th 2002, 9:28 pm

It's sad that I must ask this, but given AU's past....

Has Ross paid BMG for this second shipment? Maybe that's how Ross got the money to pay BMG in the first place, by buying only half the number of sets he was supposed to.

Jessica Popsicles
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Jessica Popsicles » Nov 7th 2002, 9:32 pm

I've been trying to uncancel my order since Monday. I guess today they finally got around to it.. after 4 e-mails to Ross and one to DVD support.

This is what the email said:
Jessica,
I have uncancelled your order and it looks like you will be at the head of
Wave 2 which is hitting on or about Nov 13th.

Respectfully
Mike

Incase anyone is wondering, I ordered on February 11, and I live in the U.S.
I can understand mine being in the 2nd wave because it was cancelled for the most part of this week, I guess they are putting me right in at the begining next week though, which is good. I would be pissed off if I got stuck at the end.

So there's two trips to BMG to get the DVDs? The ones that were shipped this week and now someone is going back to get more? Just getting that from where he said "should hit our warehouse". It sucks that they're getting them in the middle of next week because it will give them less time to ship during the week and it will carry over to even another week.

I hope I get a shipping confirmation late next week, like Friday so I can decide if I want to keep my Amazon order or not and have time to cancel it if I don't seeing as the 19th is creeping up!
+it can't be all that hard if you can sum it up in a postcard.

Benebula98
Liberty High Student

Post by Benebula98 » Nov 8th 2002, 3:45 pm

Hey,
I emailed Ross to ask my order status and got that above reply from Mike. His email address is mike@anotheruniverse.com. We have all been waiting so long and its only gonna be 1 more week on my part, but it doesn't change that I am a little sad and jealous that everyone else is getting theres and I still have to wait. I ordered in flippin February for Christ's sake!
*BEN*

Jennifer
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Jennifer » Nov 8th 2002, 4:01 pm

Okay, I just sent my own email asking for confirmation. Hoping I hear something back...

Jennifer
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Jennifer » Nov 8th 2002, 9:25 pm

This is what I got back:

Jennifer,
All i can tell you is that you are part of the "Second Wave" that should ship on or about the 15th of Nov. I'm sorry for the delay. We will ship to you as fast as we can, once our restock as arrived.

Respectfully
Mike

JPP13
Angela's best friend

Post by JPP13 » Nov 8th 2002, 9:30 pm

I would be absolutely furious if I received that email.

If anyone received that message, and still has the option of disputing with your bank, I'd do so immediately (as discussed in about a dozen other threads) and order elsewhere.

phelix
Yearbook Team

Post by phelix » Nov 9th 2002, 12:16 am

Benebula98 wrote: Hey Ben,

Respectfully
Mike
Jennifer wrote: Jennifer,
All i can tell you is that you are part of the "Second Wave" that should ship on or about the 15th of Nov. I'm sorry for the delay. We will ship to you as fast as we can, once our restock as arrived.

Respectfully
Mike
Notice how that date is starting to slip; first the 13th and now the 15th. It now seems almost certain that non-AU orders will get theirs before AU ships again.