Episode 4-19 Sets

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Episode 4-19 Sets

Post by Nostradamus » Nov 7th 2002, 12:50 am

Has anyone received an episode 4-19 set? There seems to have been some confusion as to whether AU just decided to guve everyone the full set.

Also, if anyone has both the old Y2K dvd edition of episodes 1-3 and the new dvds, did you notice a substantial improvement in quality?
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

blueone
Overlooked Sibling

Post by blueone » Nov 7th 2002, 5:11 am

I'm curious about this too, I ordered a 4-19 set but from the pictures I've seen in other threads they were all 1-19 sets. I hope we all get 1-19 sets :)

however, how is the 4-19 sets packed, if it's the same packaging as the 1-19 just except one dvd then there would be an open space to put our 1-3 dvd into BUT the problem as I see it is how this set will be packed, because if it's just wrapped some paper around it and shipped the dvd paperbox will look more like a car wreck than a nice box when arriving. I hope they put some hard material inside it to substitute the 1-3 dvd while in transit.

Sameritech
Jody Barsh

Post by Sameritech » Nov 7th 2002, 6:28 am

That's something I hadn't thought of. What happened to the two set versions? Sounds like people are getting the full set at the smaller set price. Looks like the people buying the smaller set got a deal, the people buying the full set got screwed. Actually, anyone overpaying with AU got screwed. Set can be found cheaper elsewhere.

KrokRos
Angela's best friend

Post by KrokRos » Nov 7th 2002, 6:57 am

Perhaps those who ordered 4-19 will recieve everything but the disc så the package looks the same. Two covers for disc one in that case. Just a guess...

Btw, I ordered 1-19 becasue the other set was sold out. I have the first disc from before but I live in Europe so it will probably take a while before I get my set. I have not yet recieved any e-mail about shippment.

ReggaeFire
Tino

Post by ReggaeFire » Nov 7th 2002, 10:51 am

I've always kind of wondered about this. Did BMG produce X number of sets without the first disc, or was AU just going to keep a bunch of orphan Disc one's?

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Nov 7th 2002, 10:55 am

Now you know why each of the discs is individually wrapped and why each disc has its own UPC code. AU was going to pull the first disc out of the set, and use them for promos, or for individual sale.
ReggaeFire wrote:I've always kind of wondered about this. Did BMG produce X number of sets without the first disc, or was AU just going to keep a bunch of orphan Disc one's?

MadMichael
Overlooked Sibling

Post by MadMichael » Nov 7th 2002, 6:02 pm

I wonder if the EP4-19 sets are being shipped last: my 'Billing Information Received' note was posted as of Monday, and I got my tracking number in e-mail on Wednesday, but as of now (Thursday afternoon), no physical location has been posted to my tracking info.
MadMichael -- '02 FXDXT
"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I
am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Benebula98
Liberty High Student

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Post by Benebula98 » Nov 7th 2002, 6:21 pm

Hey!
I am not sure if ordering 4-19 would have caused this, but its my only guess so far. Check out this crap!

Hey Ben,
Your order is scheduled for wave 2. The second wave of sets should hit out
warehouse on or about the 13 of Nov. To be processed shortly thereafter.
If you have any more questions please feel free to e-m me.

Respectfully
Mike

WHAT THE HELL????? :evil: :evil: :evil:
*BEN*

heater_05
Three Rivers Resident

Post by heater_05 » Nov 8th 2002, 4:57 pm

Well I too ordered the 4-19 set. It was sent out Monday, but lucky me, it got lost in transit. I emailed Mike and supposedly he sent out another set with a one day delivery. Let's hope it shows up on Monday. Oh please please please. Of course that really does not help too much. It is getting sent to my parents house (I never get stuff sent to my apt. I just don't trust my neighbors) I will be home on Sunday but not Monday. If it had not gotten lost, It would be wating there for me. Oh well I guess I will have to make a special trip home. Can't wait to get the DVD's. I started to watch ep.1-3 so I could be ready to start my marathon. :P
"It just goes to show you, if it's not one thing it's another, but it's always something!"

Roseanne Roseannadanna

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Nov 8th 2002, 6:10 pm

Ahem...

How did your set get lost in transit?
Did he actually promise to overnight a new set to you? It seems VERY unlikely.
heater_05 wrote:Well I too ordered the 4-19 set. It was sent out Monday, but lucky me, it got lost in transit. I emailed Mike and supposedly he sent out another set with a one day delivery. Let's hope it shows up on Monday. Oh please please please. Of course that really does not help too much. It is getting sent to my parents house (I never get stuff sent to my apt. I just don't trust my neighbors) I will be home on Sunday but not Monday. If it had not gotten lost, It would be wating there for me. Oh well I guess I will have to make a special trip home. Can't wait to get the DVD's. I started to watch ep.1-3 so I could be ready to start my marathon. :P

heater_05
Three Rivers Resident

Post by heater_05 » Nov 8th 2002, 6:23 pm

I know I know. Yes he actually did say he ovenighted out a new set. Do I believe him? No not really. But, I will know soon. If not, I gues I will be yelling and screaming some more.
"It just goes to show you, if it's not one thing it's another, but it's always something!"

Roseanne Roseannadanna

Debs
Liberty High Student

Post by Debs » Nov 8th 2002, 7:44 pm

So Mike actually knows how to reply to an email then?
Mom. Streamers?

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Re: Episode 4-19 Sets

Post by Nostradamus » Nov 9th 2002, 7:06 am

Nostradamus wrote:Also, if anyone has both the old Y2K dvd edition of episodes 1-3 and the new dvds, did you notice a substantial improvement in quality?
I just watched the pilot on the new discs and can now begin to answer my own question. The video seemed slightly sharper than the first edition, though the color was still pale, which I now understand was always the case with the pilot episode. The big improvement, to my mind, was in the sound, particularly the music. For the first time, I can clearly discern each individual instrument in a given background track, including both the "real" music recorded by bands and Snuffy's synth themes.

Bear in mind that I'm not an A/V nerd, so I don't know if my impressions correlate with the technical upgrades for the new edition. It is conceivable that we may experience a kind of "placebo effect" in which we perceive greater quality because that is what we expect, even if the actual difference between the two editions is miniscule.
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

DoubleBilled
Three Rivers Resident

Post by DoubleBilled » Nov 9th 2002, 11:30 am

Well if it was overnighted, he should give you the tracking number to prove it.

heater_05
Three Rivers Resident

Post by heater_05 » Nov 9th 2002, 9:33 pm

Well believe it or not, Mike actually came through. I got a tracking number and the set will be here on Tuesday, (Monday is a Holiday) and it did say next day air. So AU actually did do what they said. Now let's hope there re no more screw ups.