I've got my discs! My so-called road trip.

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
brainysmurf
Liberty High Student

Post by brainysmurf » Nov 5th 2002, 3:57 am

Nostradamus wrote:Don't suppose I could talk you into posting a couple more pics, specifically -- the discs themselves, with topside label showing; a menu screen from one of the later discs playing on your TV or PC.
Here you go! I'm all proud to prove that I have them, anything for another opportunity to gloat. =) With the Amazon release in a few days every minute of bragging rights is precious....

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Nov 5th 2002, 4:10 am

ooh ooh ooh! Can I come over!??!?!?!!?!?! :D
oh right I'm in Kansas City and you're in California. :wink:
Still, I'm very happy that SOMEONE has them! I got so excited looking at your pictures! Like, mystified. Stunned. Shocked. Baffled. Dumbfounded. They really do exist after all! Can't wait to have mine here and watch them. No one will see me for at least a day!

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Nov 5th 2002, 4:43 am

brainysmurf wrote:Here you go! I'm all proud to prove that I have them, anything for another opportunity to gloat. =) With the Amazon release in a few days every minute of bragging rights is precious....
Heh, that was fast! Thanks, that anti-gravity propulsion system should be proof enough... :P

BTW, in case you were wondering: The menu screen means it's not an old VHS, while the later episode titles and the disc label show it's not the old Y2K dvd. A glimpse of how my paranoid mind works. I still won't be 100% sure until I see my set first hand, but your timely photojournalism has me at about 98.5%, which is a lot more than it was a few hours ago!

Enjoy your bragging rights; they are well earned. 8)
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

neppie
Nicky Driscoll

There's mine!

Post by neppie » Nov 5th 2002, 8:06 am

After enlarging the picture of the pallets with label I've verified that mine is ready to ship! Well... not really... but don't think I didn't try.

mephisto
Angela's best friend

Post by mephisto » Nov 5th 2002, 11:27 am

do you also have some new Ross-pictures? :)
The Unofficial AnotherUniverse.com/My So-Called Life DVD-Booklet - Finally available for download!

*** The AU/RR appreciation Site ***

neal
Jody Barsh

Oh Yeah!

Post by neal » Nov 5th 2002, 11:41 am

This is all great news! The photos are super. Now more than ever I wish I lived in Cali!

I didn't expect them to be such a nice looking set. I guess I thought they were gonna look like some pirated cdrs in an bunch of blank jewel cases. And you know what, I wouldn't have cared. But it looks like a very nice product so far. I can't wait to get mine!
No one should hate... who they are.

ClarenceWorley
Let's Bolt Regular

Still glad I cancelled

Post by ClarenceWorley » Nov 5th 2002, 11:55 am

Damn, I'm impressed. I prefer 5 keepcases housed in a box than an easily damaged gatefold type thing. I'm very happy these discs do in fact exist. :mrgreen:

Strange though, in the pics of AU HQ, I pretty much envisioned Ross gleefully rolling around in piles of cash, and to spot his computer's inbox with 1000+ unread messages. :P
"I'm just an ordinary guy with nothing to lose."

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Nov 5th 2002, 12:16 pm

brainysmurf wrote:
Here you go! I'm all proud to prove that I have them, anything for another opportunity to gloat. =)
while you are at it, you should post your review of the dvd to amazon.com, you are the first fan not related to the marketing or production to actually see the dvds.

the pictures of the warehouse were interesting... now let's see if mephisto can resist playing with them.

Cornelius1047
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Cornelius1047 » Nov 5th 2002, 3:58 pm

looking at those pics (especially the ones of the DVDs themselves): :cry:

thinking about you and your most likely zany adventures for the sake of some MSCL DVDs: :D

thinking about AU and all of the hassle we've been through: :x :evil:

coming to the realization that the DVDs definitely exist and will hopefully be in my hands by the end of this month: :priceless:

K
"You're so beautiful it hurts to look at you."

mephisto
Angela's best friend

Post by mephisto » Nov 5th 2002, 4:11 pm

pgh_kenny wrote: now let's see if mephisto can resist playing with them.
I can, I can :wink:

I couldn't if there would be a new pic of Ross :P
The Unofficial AnotherUniverse.com/My So-Called Life DVD-Booklet - Finally available for download!

*** The AU/RR appreciation Site ***

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...

Post by Nostradamus » Nov 5th 2002, 5:09 pm

Between the weekend and voting today in the U.S. I suspect that a lot of the regulars here still haven't heard about this -- that's gonna be a lot of reading to do!

Weren't there going to be official postings about the roadtrip on AU.com?
I know we don't believe anything they say, but this actually makes them look good, if you forget everything they've done (or failed to do) over the past eight months or so! :roll:

Lastly, along the lines of a review, any bugs/flaws on the new dvds? Did they get rid of that annoying white line at the top of the picture? Or are they sweetly perfect?
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

Cornelius1047
Overlooked Sibling

Re: Still glad I cancelled

Post by Cornelius1047 » Nov 5th 2002, 5:15 pm

ClarenceWorley wrote:Strange though, in the pics of AU HQ, I pretty much envisioned Ross gleefully rolling around in piles of cash, and to spot his computer's inbox with 1000+ unread messages. :P
:? :shock: :o :) :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

K :wink:
"You're so beautiful it hurts to look at you."

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Nov 5th 2002, 8:42 pm

Brainysmurf,

Thank you, thank you for posting these pictures. You gloat away :D you have more than made up for it by posting these pictures. I ordered with Amazon and I can't wait to get the set. The packaging looks great! Your post brightened an otherwise bleak, rainy day here in Cincinnati.

Lance Man

emmie
Liberty High Graduate

Post by emmie » Nov 5th 2002, 8:47 pm

reading all of the posts in this topic just makes me giddy. it also makes me realize just how desperate we are for these DVDs. we're such MSCL geeks!! ha ha. but that's not a bad thing at all.

emmie

KrokRos
Angela's best friend

Post by KrokRos » Nov 15th 2002, 10:34 am

So.. how many did actually get the set through the mail and not by picking them up at the storage?
----------------
Make it count.