Movie Poop Shoot. 3rd Installment of MSCL DVD article.

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Oct 31st 2002, 8:18 pm

Hello,

dTheater thanks for the compliment on my quote. My 5 seconds of fame 8)

Derek I appreciate all your hard work on the three parts of this "Saga". I really did enjoy reading parts one and two. I was also pretty pumped to see my quote in the third installment of your article, thanks dude. Overall I think the third installment of your article needs...well, some more work.

I know you are trying to be objective and as neutral as possible describing this frustrating endeavor called My So Called Life. I would appreciate though if you would further flesh out the sheer fan anger of AU's many, many broken promises and double, even triple charges. You can find some nice quotes from candygirl, mephisto and others for that here at this forum. Tensions rising does not adequately express the pathos, tragedy and venom (much of it justified) that the fans have experienced and expressed over getting this DVD set. We try to stay positive but AU has made it very difficult for even the most optimistic amongst us.

Just some ideas for you. Best of Luck.

Lance Man :D

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 31st 2002, 8:31 pm

lance wrote:You can find some nice quotes from candygirl, mephisto and others for that here at this forum.
I'm blushing!! But you know that I am the MSCL forum grammar nazi!!

Seriously, you made really good points lance. I think that my ability to communicate effectively is inversely proportional to the length of time that this DVD thing drags on.

Should I have mentioned this in the math thread? :wink:

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Oct 31st 2002, 8:41 pm

Candygirl,

Thanks you sure know how to make a guy blush :oops: .

You wrote:
I'm blushing!! But you know that I am the MSCL forum grammar nazi!!
I love you for it! I really love it when you use that red pen of yours. Keep it up!

Lance Man

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Nov 2nd 2002, 4:37 pm

Personally, I'm just glad to see this story get it's due exposure, and I thank Derek and Chris for making it happen. Whether this or any article is one-sided or unbiased, it's still going to make people think twice before ordering from AU, and that's what we want.
- Jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com (audio, video, tabs, lyrics, etc.)

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Nov 2nd 2002, 4:38 pm

mephisto had a link to the article from his page and it looks like there have been quite a few updates. i am not posting the link, and please don't, because i think the street date is 11/4. It still might not be finished.

mephisto
Angela's best friend

Post by mephisto » Nov 2nd 2002, 5:10 pm

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:mephisto had a link to the article from his page and it looks like there have been quite a few updates. i am not posting the link, and please don't, because i think the street date is 11/4. It still might not be finished.
oops, I didn't wanted to provide the link yet. But I guess I uploaded the wrong file. oh well
The Unofficial AnotherUniverse.com/My So-Called Life DVD-Booklet - Finally available for download!

*** The AU/RR appreciation Site ***

foolishoptimist
Three Rivers Resident

To Be Concluded...

Post by foolishoptimist » Nov 4th 2002, 4:15 am

Great articles! I think I've read the official final one, but either way, a great story.

There's just one thing missing. An ENDING.

After this is all over, will there be an epilogue, or a conclusion? Hopefully a happy one, with lots of happy customers dancing around their christmas trees upon opening their lunchboxes and bonus disks. Or hugging and kissing their mail persons as they get their sets delivered.
The sun's outside the window trying to show us we're all being stupid. All you have to do is look around.

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Nov 4th 2002, 12:56 pm

Part III of the story has been officially posted at:

http://www.moviepoopshoot.com

Direct link to Part III:
http://www.moviepoopshoot.com/news/oct02/162.html

I like the way it turned out; I wonder if it would have been reworked if the site hadn't been hacked?

ChrisRyall
Tino

MSCDVD, Part III

Post by ChrisRyall » Nov 4th 2002, 1:01 pm

pgh_kenny wrote:Direct link to Part III:

I like the way it turned out; I wonder if it would have been reworked if the site hadn't been hacked?
Of course it would have...it's not that it was even "reworked" anyway, it was just a work-in-progress when someone first posted the link here. Derek was waiting on e-mail responses from Ross and other people involved, so it was constantly evolving as they replied, not being reworked.
Chris
Editor-in-Chief
http://www.MoviePoopShoot.com

pgh kenny
Angelica

Re: MSCDVD, Part III

Post by pgh kenny » Nov 4th 2002, 4:03 pm

Part III was scheduled to go live 10/28/02 but then the site was hacked... are you saying that even if the site hadn't been hacked, the article would not have been released until 11/4/02? or are you saying article would have been edited to reflect email responses after release? it's not a big deal, i was just wondering.
ChrisRyall wrote:
pgh_kenny wrote:Direct link to Part III:

Of course it would have...it's not that it was even "reworked" anyway, it was just a work-in-progress when someone first posted the link here. Derek was waiting on e-mail responses from Ross and other people involved, so it was constantly evolving as they replied, not being reworked.

ChrisRyall
Tino

Re: MSCDVD, Part III

Post by ChrisRyall » Nov 4th 2002, 4:21 pm

pgh_kenny wrote:Part III was scheduled to go live 10/28/02 but then the site was hacked... are you saying that even if the site hadn't been hacked, the article would not have been released until 11/4/02? or are you saying article would have been edited to reflect email responses after release? it's not a big deal, i was just wondering.
I had an initial piece from Derek ready to go when it was supposed to, last Monday, but since we had the hacker problems, all these little updates also came in. Just fortuitous timing (kinda, in a back-handed way) that the piece was delayed, but something would have gone up last week, yes. And yes, we would have updated it accordingly, as other responses from Ross and co. came in. It's tough to keep up with, since stories and details seem to change daily, but we try.
Chris
Editor-in-Chief
http://www.MoviePoopShoot.com

Minerwerks
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Minerwerks » Nov 4th 2002, 8:08 pm

I did have something handed in to Chris back on that Sunday. I wanted to have some time on Monday to double check some stuff and be ready that Tuesday at the latest with a "final" version. When the site got hacked, I ended up more extra time anyway.

The text that was found here that week was exactly what I sent out to each person who was interviewed, and the responses back were going to help me shape the "final" edit. Most of the things that I changed were based on comments back from Jason. There were a couple things he thought could be made clearer, and I agreed.

And there was that section with two redundant sentences of course... Dan Fowlkes caught that one, thankfully.
= Derek =

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Nov 4th 2002, 9:06 pm

Derek,

I really enjoyed the final version of MSCL Part III. The final version felt more fleshed out to me. Thanks for the piece and for being so responsive to fans here at the forum. :D

Lance Man

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Nov 5th 2002, 9:03 pm

Derek,

Please check out some of the other threads here at the forum. There is enough going on that you can do a MSCL part IIIb or IV.

Lance Man