Click here if still waiting for double bill refund.

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Click here if still waiting for double bill refund.

Post by Jason R » Oct 29th 2002, 9:11 am

I had originally set a deadline of 10/28, but I extended it by one day due to everyone having different time zones, etc.

If you have been double/triple charged by Another Universe and:

1) You originally requested your refund/correction over 14 days ago (before or on October 15, 2002)
2) You have not received a credit from AnotherUniverse.com

Please take a few minutes to file a complaint with http://www.ifccfbi.gov (information about the IFCC follows at the end of this post).

You can refer to my complaint in the body of your complaint. It can make it easier to link complaints together. My complaint # is: I02101510303033

Please note: Although I have filed a complaint, I am not alleging fraud, and it is not my place to do so. I am, however, alleging suspiciously poor customer service, and that hundreds upon hundreds of customers have been double or triple billed. It is ultimately up to a trier of fact to determine whether or not fraud exists. All parties are innocent until proven guilty and a filed complaint does not indicate guilt.

Thanks,
Jason Rosenfeld

----
About the IFCC:
The Internet Fraud Complaint Center (IFCC) is a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C).

IFCC's mission is to address fraud committed over the Internet. For victims of Internet fraud, IFCC provides a convenient and easy-to-use reporting mechanism that alerts authorities of a suspected criminal or civil violation. For law enforcement and regulatory agencies at all levels, IFCC offers a central repository for complaints related to Internet fraud, works to quantify fraud patterns, and provides timely statistical data of current fraud trends.

MarkSWalker
Three Rivers Resident

Post by MarkSWalker » Oct 29th 2002, 10:45 am

Jason-

Again, thanks for this, and all your continued support.
Since, up until about 7 days ago, I didn't realize I was double-charged,
I am not going to be using that form until 11/2/2002,
which is the deadline I set for Ross and AU (via e-mail)
to show a full refund of $314.96 on my two separate orders,
one of which was double-billed.

I will be referring to your complaint number and then
printing out whatever I write and faxing it to my credit card companies.

I suggest others do the same, if nothing else, letting their credit
card companies know you are not going to "roll over and surrender"
on this issue. Remember, your credit card companies should be
providing you with customer service, too.

Mark

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 29th 2002, 10:50 am

Good approach, Mark.

I do think that they should be given 2 weeks even though that it quite a stretch for a refund request. That way, perhaps they will refund your money, but if they don't, nobody is going to accuse you of jumping the gun.

arteitle
Liberty High Student

Post by arteitle » Oct 29th 2002, 1:23 pm

Submitted my own detailed complaint and timeline to the IFCC (complaint #I02102911142063), and in it I referred back to your complaint number and to the MSCL DVD forum here. Hopefully something will come of it.

Aaron T.

vapspwi
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by vapspwi » Oct 29th 2002, 2:34 pm

arteitle wrote:Submitted my own detailed complaint and timeline to the IFCC (complaint #I02102911142063), and in it I referred back to your complaint number and to the MSCL DVD forum here. Hopefully something will come of it.
Yep, I just did the same. A week or so ago, I sent an e-mail to Ross saying that I would file a complaint if I hadn't received a refund, so today I followed through with the IFCC. I may go ahead with the Attorney General complaint forms and stuff, too, if things don't proceed in the next few days.

JRjr