Movie Poop Shoot not available

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
MadMichael
Overlooked Sibling

Movie Poop Shoot not available

Post by MadMichael » Oct 28th 2002, 10:28 am

I just tried to access the Movie Poop Shoot site to see the third installment of the MSCL DVD saga and instead got an Apache webserver default page. I'm hoping they will get their fecal matter together soon so we can see the end of the story we all know so well...
MadMichael -- '02 FXDXT
"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I
am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Howard
Yearbook Team

Post by Howard » Oct 28th 2002, 10:32 am

You need the "www" to get to their home page... but even then, it's not updated (and clicking on Part 2 gets a 404 not found... Shall we call in Mulder and Scully? ;) )

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 28th 2002, 10:36 am

it looked like they were hacked last night by someone with the name "Shazam." I found a hacker message on their site last night, and it looks like they now rebuilt the server and have to restore the back up. It said this last night:

"Didn't hear the fart sound when i went to site so i figured why not? pfft

Derek says it's always good to end a paper with a quote. Says someone else has already said it best so if you can't top it, steal from them and go out strong. So I picked a guy I thought you'd like. We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic cords of memory will swell when again touched, as they surely will be, by the better angels of our nature.

owned by shazam"

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Oct 28th 2002, 10:46 am

Damn - I was looking forward to that article for my afternoon laughs.

Hope it'll be up soon :D

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com
---------------------------------------------

MadMichael
Overlooked Sibling

Post by MadMichael » Oct 28th 2002, 11:07 am

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:it looked like they were hacked last night by someone with the name "Shazam."
Dang, I hate it when that happens! My sympathies to their sysadmin, and best wishes for a successful restore.

[Here's a thought: does Hallmark have a card for this situation? <grin>]
MadMichael -- '02 FXDXT
"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I
am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

hollis27
Liberty High Student

Post by hollis27 » Oct 28th 2002, 1:08 pm

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:Derek says it's always good to end a paper with a quote. Says someone else has already said it best so if you can't top it, steal from them and go out strong. So I picked a guy I thought you'd like. We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic cords of memory will swell when again touched, as they surely will be, by the better angels of our nature."
Gotta love American History X.

Howard
Yearbook Team

Post by Howard » Oct 28th 2002, 1:58 pm

I've come to the conclusion that divine cyberforces are at work outside of MSCL.com.

The DigitalBits article isn't up.
MoviePoopShoot.com has been hacked.
The Yahoo MSCL-DVD-Forum group loses messages.

Thank goodness the firewall *here* seems to be holding up. :)

ChrisRyall
Tino

Hacked off

Post by ChrisRyall » Oct 28th 2002, 2:12 pm

Hey, everyone--

Yeah, we (meaning Movie Poop Shoot, View Askew and every site hosted by View Askew) got hacked this past weekend. And it was a pretty professional job -- this same guy, "Hack Weiser," took down USA TODAY's site a little while ago, and some other places, too. And he did a real number on us -- wiped pretty much everything clean. We havea basic shell of a site back up today, but it could be tomorrow before anything new is updated.

As it is, we may have lost everything from the past month or so, just unsalvageable. So today we take inventory of just how much damage was done and tomorrow, we get back to trying to restore some order to the place. I can't even tell you how bad all this sucks.

And as this is going on, Derek (our Derek, not the "Derek" listed in Hack Weiser's ramblings) has been having constant conversations with Ross Rojek about the DVDs. He just sent some to me now, so Part III IS coming (even if the previous 2 parts may now be a memory), and soon. Thanks for bearing with this incredible annoyance. We'll get back to normal as quick as it's possible to do so.
Chris
Editor-in-Chief
http://www.MoviePoopShoot.com

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Re: Hacked off

Post by Jason R » Oct 28th 2002, 2:30 pm

Talk about timing. I had conspiracy theories aplenty in my inbox today. Sorry to hear about the loss of content. You might be able to recover some of it from cached google pages, no?

Fedup
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Fedup » Oct 28th 2002, 2:47 pm

ChrisRyall wrote:And as this is going on, Derek (our Derek, not the "Derek" listed in Hack Weiser's ramblings) has been having constant conversations with Ross Rojek about the DVDs. He just sent some to me now, so Part III IS coming (even if the previous 2 parts may now be a memory), and soon. Thanks for bearing with this incredible annoyance. We'll get back to normal as quick as it's possible to do so.
Loved the articles. However, wouldn't it be nice if Ross had conversations with their *customers* about delivery dates (all *all* the promised goods) and overcharges?

That would be nice.

arteitle
Liberty High Student

Post by arteitle » Oct 28th 2002, 3:19 pm

Howard wrote:I've come to the conclusion that divine cyberforces are at work outside of MSCL.com.

I don't think the Yahoo group "loses" messages, I think they are deleted by the group owner/moderator. In fact, I think one person alone is responsible for all of the posts on that list; every one of the posters created his or her Yahoo ID the day before, or the day of, their first post. What a transparent sham.

Aaron T.

Howard
Yearbook Team

Post by Howard » Oct 28th 2002, 3:28 pm

arteitle wrote:
Howard wrote:I've come to the conclusion that divine cyberforces are at work outside of MSCL.com.

I don't think the Yahoo group "loses" messages, I think they are deleted by the group owner/moderator. In fact, I think one person alone is responsible for all of the posts on that list; every one of the posters created his or her Yahoo ID the day before, or the day of, their first post. What a transparent sham.

Aaron T.
But...
But...
But it can't be a sham! It says right there on the home page that:
Disclaimer: This forum is neither associated nor in partner with any US or international retailer, foreign or domestic. This forum is free for all bought to you by YAHOO
If webpages start to lie to us, my whole faith in everything would just be shattered!

Howard

Disclaimer: The above post contains a sacrasm rating of 9 out of 10 smirks. Viewer discretion is advised.

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Oct 28th 2002, 3:28 pm

I *never* thought I'd be sad the day a web site with the words "poop" and "shoot" in the address was hacked to pieces. Thank goodness I printed installments 1 & 2 before the crash! If parts 1 & 2 don't reappear @ moviepoopshoot.com in the future, perhaps permission could eventually be obtained to post them here.

arteitle
Liberty High Student

Post by arteitle » Oct 28th 2002, 3:42 pm

ChrisRyall wrote:Hey, everyone--

As it is, we may have lost everything from the past month or so, just unsalvageable. So today we take inventory of just how much damage was done and tomorrow, we get back to trying to restore some order to the place. I can't even tell you how bad all this sucks.
Can you salvage any of it from Google's cache? If you feed it a URL from your site, you might find the content cached there, i.e.:

http://216.239.33.100/search?q=cache:an ... n&ie=UTF-8

Aaron T.

ingramje
Nicky Driscoll

Post by ingramje » Oct 28th 2002, 6:38 pm

I am glad that I made PDF's of both Part 1 and Part2. Didn't have time to read them so figured I would make it possible for reading later. :D