Verifying Cancellations

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
SweetPea
Tino

Verifying Cancellations

Post by SweetPea » Oct 21st 2002, 10:42 pm

Ok, so, I e-mailed Ross, telling him I wanted to cancel my order, but got an auto response that he was on the road. I also filled out the Drygrass form. Is there any way to verify that my cancellation went through? I haven't been charged at all yet, but after reading some of the posts about AU, I don't trust that they won't still try and charge my credit card.
People often say that humans have always eaten animals, as if it is a justification for continuing the practice. According to this logic, we should not prevent people from committing murder, since this has also been done since the earliest of times.

north_Star98
Yearbook Team

Post by north_Star98 » Oct 21st 2002, 10:52 pm

you're in the same boat as i am...i'm going to call up AU tomorrow or wednesday. i sent ross an email but he never replied back. i filled out the dry grass site too. i'll call tomorrow and then i'll call my bank and try to get them to get my 20 dollar deposit back....sigh...

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Re: Verifying Cancellations

Post by Jason R » Oct 21st 2002, 11:01 pm

The DryGrass.com site will keep a copy of your record regardless of when AU processes the correction. At regular intervals, Gord will email surveys to check that those files marked as "processed" have actually been refunded.

I am no longer part of this project. However, I view it as my duty to make sure that all double charges are corrected. It is inexcusable that so many have been overcharged and continue to wait 2-3 months after filing complaints.

Jason

rainydayjanes
Nicky Driscoll

Post by rainydayjanes » Oct 22nd 2002, 7:39 am

I was in the same boat and called yesterday to cancel; whoever I spoke to said it was in fact already cancelled and that they were "working on an email to send out about that." Bah. Boneheads. The guy all but hung up on me before I could ask anything else and was obviously no help about when I'd get the email or the refund. They shall find me increasingly unpleasant until I get that email. How hard can it be, kids? "Yep, we got your cancellation, your order #whatever's been cancelled, and your refund of $whatever has been processed on [date] and should appear shortly. We're sorry that we suck a whole great big lot." See? Not hard. AU, feel free to use that text, particularly the bit at the end.

I tried to be patient, but now I'm just feeling mean and nasty.

Ken
Liberty High Student

Fill in the form but not cancelled

Post by Ken » Oct 22nd 2002, 12:26 pm

It seems I am in the same boat.

I filled in the form a few weeks ago and got email from Mike from AU saying it's going to be taken care of. But the credit statement I got 2 weeks after still didn't show a refund. I just sent Ross email about it again but didn't get any reply.

Is there something we can do to get our money back? Like photocopying credit card statement? From reading various posts, I just got the feeling for us who have yet to get refund, there is no hope for us. :? Is it likely that AU will actually ship? Or should we just order from Amazon?

Well, I guess this is an expensive lesson for me to learn from. On top of the car accident I had a few weeks ago. :(

Ken

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Re: Fill in the form but not cancelled

Post by Jason R » Oct 22nd 2002, 12:30 pm

As a group we were able to force AU to pay for the DVDs.

As a group we will force them to refund the double charge money.

dsledman
Tino

Post by dsledman » Oct 22nd 2002, 12:33 pm

as a group can we force them to refund cancelled order money too?

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 22nd 2002, 12:34 pm

As a group we will force them to refund cancelled order money.

mephisto
Angela's best friend

Post by mephisto » Oct 22nd 2002, 12:40 pm

As a group we will force them to release the bonus DVD with the promised content?
The Unofficial AnotherUniverse.com/My So-Called Life DVD-Booklet - Finally available for download!

*** The AU/RR appreciation Site ***

Lurker1999
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Lurker1999 » Oct 22nd 2002, 2:51 pm

I just spoke to Wade and now he can at least confirm that my order is listed as cancelled in their computer system. I'm pretty sure of that since I inquired about the status of my order and just gave him my order number instead of asking whether they had received a cancellation.

However, my refund is now in the mysterious "accounting department" (i.e. circular file) so I will just pass this information along to my credit card company to add fuel to the dispute flames.

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Oct 22nd 2002, 3:29 pm

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:As a group we will force them to refund cancelled order money.
And what action are people to take other than calling and pestering them every day? That only seems to piss them off even more, and Howard's story tells us how vindictive they can be when they feel threatened.
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 22nd 2002, 4:24 pm

Simple. They promise 7-10 days response on the Bill of Rights (yes, this is way worse than other retailers). Next Monday, I am surveying, via email, all customers who submitted their refund requests to the drygrass.com site. We will find out how many have received refunds. Those who have not will be instructed on how to report their complaint to the IFCC FBI.
andrewgd wrote:
Jason Rosenfeld wrote:As a group we will force them to refund cancelled order money.
And what action are people to take other than calling and pestering them every day? That only seems to piss them off even more, and Howard's story tells us how vindictive they can be when they feel threatened.

HeatherK
Nicky Driscoll

Re:

Post by HeatherK » Oct 22nd 2002, 4:32 pm

What's funny to me is that for almost four months I have called, emailed and pestered about getting my money back with no results. Yet when I emailed the other morning JUST ONCE to cancel my order...guess what? Three hours later when I called to confirm that it was cancelled, it had already been done.

It's amazing how the AU Efficiency Machine works. :roll:

SweetPea
Tino

Post by SweetPea » Oct 22nd 2002, 6:32 pm

I don't understand HOW AU can even stay in business if this is the way they treat customers! Not only that, but the fact that they just paid BMG, GWhiz, etc. Why have they not been investigated/shut down? I can't believe this is the first time people have had problems with them.
People often say that humans have always eaten animals, as if it is a justification for continuing the practice. According to this logic, we should not prevent people from committing murder, since this has also been done since the earliest of times.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Oct 23rd 2002, 1:39 am

SweetPea wrote:I can't believe this is the first time people have had problems with them.
Not at all, they have a bad rep. I've had problems with them prior to this and the only reason i placed my order was because they were the exclusive sellers HA HA HA.

They just never fucked with this many people at once. So this is a new all time low for them.

If i personally ever meet any one of the fucktards that work there i will take them down. As i would anyone who stole 230 bucks (or more) from me.

Everyday that passes makes me angrier and angrier