OFFICIAL E-MAIL FROM ANOTHER UNIVERSE OCTOBER 21ST!

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
hollis27
Liberty High Student

Re: Official e-mail from AU! oct 21st!

Post by hollis27 » Oct 21st 2002, 5:48 pm

candygirl wrote:
moviezzz wrote: There *is* news there. They confirmed all the rumors of it shipping to them on Friday and it heading to us soon after.
Funny because based on my experience with this DVD set, 99% of the time:

words from AU=rumors

words from Jason=facts

If AU chose to be upfront with their customers, we wouldn't have to hear about it from Jason first.
Exactly.

KrokRos
Angela's best friend

Post by KrokRos » Oct 21st 2002, 5:54 pm

hollis27 wrote:I agree with you that Jason's being hostile. The difference between you and I, is that I don't blame him. If I got f*cked over and was out $25,000 I'd be a hell of alot more hostile then he's been. And I'd be willing to bet that you wouldn't be too pleasant in that situation either. We all have many, many, many valid reasons for being angry. I suggest that you deal with that.
Hey! I don't think anyone is blaming Jason for anything. I just wish everyone could stop attacking ppl, happy or unhappy. Let me be happy for this tiny bit of good news. And I will let Jason be unhappy about all the overcharges etc. Everyone doesn't have to be a pessimist.

hollis27
Liberty High Student

Post by hollis27 » Oct 21st 2002, 5:56 pm

^ That wasn't directed at you... :lol:

KrokRos
Angela's best friend

Post by KrokRos » Oct 21st 2002, 6:03 pm

Hollis27 - I know. I'm just saying ... Nevermind. From now on, I'm just gonna see what happens. I just want to be a little happy in this ocean of angry/upset comments.

Peace out! :)

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 21st 2002, 6:36 pm

Krokros, don't mistake this for pessimism.

I am optimistic that putting pressure on AU to right the wrongs will result in people getting their charges corrected.

There is a big difference.

KrokRos
Angela's best friend

Post by KrokRos » Oct 21st 2002, 6:40 pm

Jason - This time I don't mean you in perticular. I meant a lot of upset ppl here. But I'm not gonna push this. God, I don't want to fight with you. I am one of the greatful when it comes to you. You helped me get my refund. Thanks again for that, btw.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 21st 2002, 6:42 pm

Not a fight. :) Don't misread what I wrote. I am all for optimism. I think that keeping up the pressure is working!

so-called customer
Between Names

Post by so-called customer » Oct 21st 2002, 6:47 pm

Excuse me for not being overly excited (I didn't get any email). There is little in that message we haven't heard before, even though some of it may actually be true this time (like shipping at about the same time every other vendor will be shipping).

I've given up on ever seeing the bonus items (notice there is no specific mention of anything outside what was originally promised), and I'll have to wait to see if AU actually processes my cancellation or not.

Lurker1999
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Lurker1999 » Oct 21st 2002, 6:57 pm

Interesting. I haven't gotten the email. Then again I haven't gotten any email including one acknowledging that I've tried to cancel my order.

Denie
Between Names

No e-mail from AU yet.

Post by Denie » Oct 21st 2002, 7:06 pm

Strangely, I too have not received an e-mail from AU yet either. I know they have my correct address - I've received all previous e-mails. And my junk mailbox gets checked for valid messages before I delete them.

Considering all the geniuses [sarcasm] that work for AU maybe they only sent it to a couple of people, but thought it was going out to everyone.
If only there were a button somewhere that I could push. To force me to stop talking.

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Oct 21st 2002, 7:14 pm

Did ANYONE else get this email?
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Oct 21st 2002, 7:18 pm

andrewgd wrote:Did ANYONE else get this email?
I did.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

KrokRos
Angela's best friend

Post by KrokRos » Oct 21st 2002, 7:19 pm

Yeah, I'm starting to wonder. Maybe I'm the only one still with an order at AU :P

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Oct 21st 2002, 7:43 pm

KrokRos wrote:Yeah, I'm starting to wonder. Maybe I'm the only one still with an order at AU :P
Nope. I still have an order with them and I got the e-mail. :)
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

darthsteve
Frozen Embryo

Post by darthsteve » Oct 21st 2002, 8:09 pm

I received the email today ... but since I canceled my order on 10/8 and haven't been credited the refund yet, that makes me worried!