So, who is willing to file a class action lawsuit?

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
gizmodvdx
Nicky Driscoll

So, who is willing to file a class action lawsuit?

Post by gizmodvdx » Oct 21st 2002, 12:23 pm

Anyone? We need to team up and get Ross for every penny he owes us. We may never see the Bonus disc he offered us, nor the AU gift Certificates, shirts, lunchbox... We MUST stop him!

Leslie
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Leslie » Oct 21st 2002, 12:50 pm

Sure I'm down....I have no idea where to start but I'll be a part of it.

Leslie

moviezzz
Overlooked Sibling

Post by moviezzz » Oct 21st 2002, 12:55 pm

The main case we have against AU is the exclusivity issue. It was sold to us for $115 as only being available from them. Then, several loooong months pass and it shows up on other sites, retailing for $30 less at least. So, since the bonus items aren't on their way any time soon, we have at least that to get from them.

Although it would probably cost more to get a lawyer than the $30 we are out.

As for the delays, you could have cancelled at any time and gotten your money back so that isn't really a case. And the doublecharges should have been straightened out by your credit card company.

Fedup
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Fedup » Oct 21st 2002, 1:40 pm

moviezzz wrote: Although it would probably cost more to get a lawyer than the $30 we are out.
Collectively, AU made out with *much* more than that. You may have no problem handing out interest free loans, I, along with many other people on this board on the otherhand, do.

moviezzz wrote: As for the delays, you could have cancelled at any time and gotten your money back so that isn't really a case.
I did and I haven't so it is a case.
moviezzz wrote: And the doublecharges should have been straightened out by your credit card company.
And AU will be straightened out by a class action lawsuit.

Run along, shoo, shoo...

kriddyboo
Three Rivers Resident

Post by kriddyboo » Oct 21st 2002, 1:47 pm

Just a thought...

If a class action suit could be commenced, and we actually win... Don't you think that AU (escpecially in the financial state that their in) would just go belly up and then NO ONE would see any money. (Remember our fair lass Claire Danes in the Rainmaker)

There are still many people that have been double/triple charged and have not seen a refund (Thank God I already got mine), plus the many multitudes that have cancelled and are awaiting that refund (myself included).

Do we really want to rock the boat at this juncture?

"It can't rain all the time"

phelix
Yearbook Team

Post by phelix » Oct 21st 2002, 1:48 pm

moviezzz wrote: Although it would probably cost more to get a lawyer than the $30 we are out.
Speak for yourself. I am currently out $180 and haven't gotten a dime back form AU or my bank yet.
As for the delays, you could have cancelled at any time and gotten your money back so that isn't really a case.
I have cancelled. AU has not refunded me. I cannot dispute the original purchase with my bank (past 60 days).
And the doublecharges should have been straightened out by your credit card company.
Those of us who used debit/check cards are finding it difficult or impossible to get our money back. As are those who paid with a check or money order.

I agree that class action is pointless, but only because CMI is pretty worthless. Even if we win, CMI doesn't have the money to pay us.