Update (unofficial), confirmation? - just off phone with AU

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
bobis111
Nicky Driscoll

Update (unofficial), confirmation? - just off phone with AU

Post by bobis111 » Oct 18th 2002, 3:58 pm

spoke with AU just moments ago and they informed me that the set, the BONUS DISC, AND THE LUNCHBOX will ALL SHIP next thursday or friday

what the hell is going on? did something happen earlier?

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Oct 18th 2002, 4:02 pm

WTF! Who did you speak with?

socalledfan
Angela's best friend

Post by socalledfan » Oct 18th 2002, 4:04 pm

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat????

That can't be true. WTF?

Someone at AU should be sending out official updates on a regular basis, and they are not. At this point, the communication coming from them is so haphazard. And things like this, although tempting to believe, just seem like crap.

I cancelled with AU earlier this week. From my perspective, if what you say is all true and suddenly everything is "ok", I'm going to be MIGHTY pissed :evil: , because the reason I cancelled is because I was tired of waiting for them to get their stuff together, and they were giving us no communication. But somehow, I doubt this "update" is true. It seems impossible given the news in this forum of late. They've lied to us non-stop for months.
"You're sooo beautiful, it HURTS to look at you."

bobis111
Nicky Driscoll

Post by bobis111 » Oct 18th 2002, 4:08 pm

didn't catch his name, call now~! tell me what you find

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 18th 2002, 4:11 pm

According to Robert, shipping the lunchboxes here will take 20 days (unless Ross decided to go crazy while he was making payment arrangements and decided to pay to Fed Ex them out here!) AND as of today, GWhiz still hasn't been paid.

As always, take what AU says with a grain of salt.

socalledfan
Angela's best friend

Post by socalledfan » Oct 18th 2002, 4:11 pm

Who, me?

I'm not calling there to confirm anything. That's not our job. THEY should be emailing us.
"You're sooo beautiful, it HURTS to look at you."

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Oct 18th 2002, 4:11 pm

Can they seriously believe they can make up complete bullshit still? And that we wouldnt question it?

Amazing....

bobis111
Nicky Driscoll

Post by bobis111 » Oct 18th 2002, 4:12 pm

i'm not saying i believed this, i'm interested to see if other people calling in are being told this as well...more of you please call in and see what's up

sid_barrett
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by sid_barrett » Oct 18th 2002, 4:15 pm

wont believe every thing is good unless Jason says so. BTW fnordboy, i love the Westernl33+ism avatar :wink:
"...and I said ' oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, what a feeling'"

bobis111
Nicky Driscoll

Post by bobis111 » Oct 18th 2002, 4:16 pm

calling again in a moment, will quote what i am told in an edit of this post...
CMI Holdings how may I help you

{hi, i'm sure you've gotten swamped with calls today regarding the MSCL dvd sets, i'm calling to see what the latest is}

we've gotten confirmation that the sets will ship sometime next week

{will that be the complete package, with the lunchboxes and bonus disc [this guy doesn't lie to me this time] }

to tell you the truth i haven't been given the details on that, the customer service guys just took off for an early lunch

{ok, when will somebody who could give me those details be back from lunch? could you have them give me a call}

sure

{ok my name is Jamie and my home phone is ---_---_----, please have them call when they return}

ok sir i will have them call you

{do you happen to have Ross Rojek's mobile number? i've been trying to reach him all day [me being a sneaky bastard hehe] }

i don't, again that is something the guys that are out would know, i really don't have a clue

{ok, thanks for your help}

ok, you have a great day

{thanks, you too, bye}

so several minutes later, a completely different take, who is the bastard who lied straight up to me?
Last edited by bobis111 on Oct 18th 2002, 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

smackey
Overlooked Sibling

Re: Update (unofficial), confirmation? - just off phone with

Post by smackey » Oct 18th 2002, 4:23 pm

bobis111 wrote:...they informed me that the set, the BONUS DISC, AND THE LUNCHBOX will ALL SHIP next thursday or friday
What, now they're writing comedy bits in their spare time over there at AU? That's golden. :lol:

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Oct 18th 2002, 4:23 pm

sid_barrett wrote:wont believe every thing is good unless Jason says so. BTW fnordboy, i love the Westernl33+ism avatar :wink:
It seemed fitting to me.

plus...l33t makes me laugh

leerosevere
Overlooked Sibling

Post by leerosevere » Oct 18th 2002, 4:37 pm

Maybe AU finally realizes we're fed up and serious about cancelling... and they're gonna try to rush the DVDs out to us? (I doubt the bonus materials will be paid for and ready anytime soon though)

Can't you just see AU sending DVDs to those of us who tried to cancel (through drygrass or phone calls or whatever, and tried being the operative word) and now that we don't want the DVDs from them anymore? :x

Maybe that's another reason why they're delaying our refunds, even for the people who cancelled long ago. Buying themselves time to send us the DVDs whether we want them to or not. And it would explain people's difficulties in cancelling... the fact that some thought their orders had been cancelled, but then learned otherwise. :shock:

I bet they think they can force us to stick with AU, instead of buying from Amazon etc. Ross might assume if we have the DVDs in our hands at last, we wouldn't have the heart to return them and keep demanding a refund... even if we want to save money and order elsewhere. Even if we don't want to pay more for bonus material that will probably never materialize. Even if we want to wash our hands of AU on principle. GRRRR. I wouldn't put it past Ross to count on us caving on all these issues. After all, having the DVDs in our possession would be very tempting. :evil:

I don't know. It's the first thing I thought of. But damn we should keep fighting for our refunds, and I just hope everyone's credit card companies will come through before AU ships out the DVDs. I don't want them from AU anymore!

leerosevere
Overlooked Sibling

Post by leerosevere » Oct 18th 2002, 4:55 pm

bobis111 wrote:spoke with AU just moments ago and they informed me that the set, the BONUS DISC, AND THE LUNCHBOX will ALL SHIP next thursday or friday

Isn't it sad that I'm actually hoping this is just another case of empty promises on the part of AU?

phelix
Yearbook Team

Post by phelix » Oct 18th 2002, 5:11 pm

leerosevere wrote:
bobis111 wrote:spoke with AU just moments ago and they informed me that the set, the BONUS DISC, AND THE LUNCHBOX will ALL SHIP next thursday or friday

Isn't it sad that I'm actually hoping this is just another case of empty promises on the part of AU?
Not really. If the bonus disc does ship, it's guarnteed to be a piece of sh*t, as AU will have done 100% of it themselves.