E-mail to Ross.

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
siandam
Jody Barsh

E-mail to Ross.

Post by siandam » Oct 18th 2002, 3:43 pm

I just sent this e-mail to Ross. Hopefully he will give me some answers and then I will in turn let everyone here know.
This is what you posted on 10/11:

BMG has been paid for 5,000 units. I'm probably going to try and cut that back to 4,000 or less due to the Amazon thing happening as well. At least we won't have as much money tied up in inventory. I'll ask someone there to verify that for everyone to settle the issue. The woman who was supposed to give me the ship date was out yesterday and today, but if she's in tomorrow I'll come by and post.

The entire delay with BMG right now is they had to make the slipcase and insert the DVDs. For some reason they thought we were going to just ship the DVDs loose. So that caused the delay we're currently getting through. There was no way that they could have gotten them done in August as had been posted here. They didn't finish the authoring until the end of august.

G-Wiz is getting paid tomorrow and next week. They'll be getting the boxes done next week and shipping them off to us. There may be a delay due to the longshoreman's strike, but they didn't think it would be that long. I'll ask Robert there to confirm it with someone here so you won't have to just take my word for it.

The bonus DVD will hopefully be going into production next week as well. It will be done by a northern CA DVD production company, and I'll post who it is when they start. I'd hope you wouldn't bother them, but I figure that'll help settle some of the rumors as well.

Since half of this was false at the time, could I have an update?

what is shipping with the DVD set?
why is the bonus disc not shipping with the DVD set, since the set was delayed so long?
is the bonus disc in production?
when will we receive the bonus disc?
what exactly on the bonus disc?
when will we be filling out the form in regards to the t-shirt?
why hasn't this been done already, so the shirt could ship with the DVD set?

I haven't cancelled my set, I have been patiently waiting and hoping for good news from Another Universe because I really want the bonus disc and the lunch box, but the most reliable information has been coming from Jason. And since Jason has severed ties with you, how will we be receiving any info?

so-called customer
Between Names

Post by so-called customer » Oct 18th 2002, 5:33 pm

There won't be good news, and if there is, it will have the same validity all the good news has had from day one on this set - none.

Zach
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Zach » Oct 18th 2002, 6:15 pm

I emailed him yesterday and I got an "auto response" saying that he was out of town and would be back in the office Monday.

So....I dunno

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Oct 19th 2002, 2:20 pm

Zach wrote:I emailed him yesterday and I got an "auto response" saying that he was out of town and would be back in the office Monday.

So....I dunno
Hmm...I've e-mailed him twice since Monday about cancelling and recieving a credt for a double-charge and I got no auto-response. You don't just get random auto-reposnses; someone has to set it up. If I didn't get one earlier in the week and you got one late in the week, someone must still be accessing that e-mail.
- Jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com (audio, video, tabs, lyrics, etc.)

Lurker1999
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Lurker1999 » Oct 19th 2002, 2:24 pm

I just emailed Ross and got an auto response. The exact text was:

I am on the road right now, and unable to respond to your email. I will be back in the office 10/21/02. Sorry for any delay or inconvience this may cause you.

Sammi
Substitute Teacher

Post by Sammi » Oct 19th 2002, 2:36 pm

Yes I got the same response from the email I sent him today:

I am on the road right now, and unable to respond to your email. I will be back
in the office 10/21/02. Sorry for any delay or inconvience this may cause you.

It looks like we don't have anyway of contacting him anymore. Today was my second email to him about my cancellation and he never responded to my first email. I will be emailing him first thing Tuesday to see if he will actually respond then.