Is there a point to Cancel?

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
LetsBolt
Three Rivers Resident

Is there a point to Cancel?

Post by LetsBolt » Oct 18th 2002, 1:11 am

:evil: GOD! I AM SO F-ING MAD RIGHT NOW!!!!
i need some answers of shared feelings or thoughts!

I dont know whether to cancel my AU order or not to.
If i do cancel will i even get a refund??? i mean it doesnt seem to be happening all that much. Im still confused as to whethere or not Au paid them or not??? im hearing mixed things.
are there ever any answers??

Who has canceled?
who hasnt??

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Oct 18th 2002, 1:55 am

What I would do is not cancel with AU. Dispute it with your credit card first. You can do this because AU has not sent merchandise that was supposed to be sent out June, and then September. This is all the bank needs to go after them. You don't need to cancel a thing.

If you're lucky, like I was, my bank gave me credit for the items, and is now going after AU. I did cancel with AU, but even if you didn't, once your bank disputes the charges with them, I'm sure they'll cancel your order. :)

If you cancel with AU, you may or may not get your money back. But if you go through the bank, AU should send your merchandise unless the bank gets you your money. Either way, you should end up on top.

Did that make any sense?

LetsBolt
Three Rivers Resident

Post by LetsBolt » Oct 18th 2002, 9:12 am

it did make sence thank you!
one thing- how do i get a hold of my CC company?

remmy
Frozen Embryo

credit card disputes

Post by remmy » Oct 18th 2002, 1:34 pm

My credit card company says it cannot help me becasue the charges were made over 180 days ago.

Denie
Between Names

Re: credit card disputes

Post by Denie » Oct 18th 2002, 1:51 pm

remmy wrote:My credit card company says it cannot help me becasue the charges were made over 180 days ago.
Ask to speak to a supervisor and be persistent. Let them know what's going on, and that you are disputing the charge because you never received the merchandise you paid for.
If only there were a button somewhere that I could push. To force me to stop talking.

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Oct 18th 2002, 1:54 pm

LetsBolt wrote:how do i get a hold of my CC company?
Alright, if you don't know that...

...Don't you have ANY phone numbers on your card or statement? If not, maybe you should rethink the credit card you have....

As for the date of the charge, try and try again. Make sure they know the item wasn't supposed to ship until Sept, so its still within 60 days. Ask to speak with a manager, then try finding out who the CEO of the credit card company is, and submit a request to them yourself. Try http://www.planetfeedback.com Its really good, I've gotten over $500 returned to me by using that site.

Howard
Yearbook Team

Post by Howard » Oct 18th 2002, 2:03 pm

LetsBolt wrote:it did make sence thank you!
one thing- how do i get a hold of my CC company?
Easy as 1-2-3. :D
  • Take out your credit card.
  • Turn it over.
  • Dial the 800 number on the back.

Eliott
Tino

Post by Eliott » Oct 18th 2002, 2:32 pm

I actually placed my order with my debit card, which is just takes funds from my checkin account. I'm not sure on how to go about disputing the charge.

Is anyone else in my situation?

Anyone have advice on what I can do?

dsledman
Tino

Post by dsledman » Oct 18th 2002, 2:46 pm

my credit card company also said since it had been so long since the original charge, there was nothing they could do. i pleaded and begged but nothing. i also called au again and they told me the same crap about the accounting department being backlogged. when i asked to speak to someone in the accounting department he said they did not take calls from the public, and if they did they would be even more behind. damn this company. im very laid back and theyre starting to get to me!!!!

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Oct 18th 2002, 3:05 pm

Eliott wrote:I actually placed my order with my debit card, which is just takes funds from my checkin account. I'm not sure on how to go about disputing the charge.

Is anyone else in my situation?
Yup. I disputed my charges last friday and I've already got it creditted to my account. This may not work if your depit card doesn't also have VISA or Mastercard on it...but if it does, you can dispute it just like a credit card.

HeatherK
Nicky Driscoll

Re:

Post by HeatherK » Oct 18th 2002, 3:09 pm

Call your CC companies back and tell them the most recent ship date. Mine was unable to help me until I told them that there was a delayed delivery date. If you still have the emails that said the sets were shipped or the ones where they said that the latest date of delay, fax those in ASAP and they should be able to do something for you that way.