NEWS!

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Oct 17th 2002, 1:10 pm

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:I should add that I only believe that AU paid BMG because they were threatened.
Of course, if that was not the case they would have paid many months ago.

so-called customer
Between Names

Post by so-called customer » Oct 17th 2002, 1:23 pm

I believe the only reason AU decided to pay BMG was because if they didn't, they would be in a position for felony charges for internet fraud. AU's behaviour throughout this entire ordeal has never been above board, from refusing to acknowledge orders, to sending out receipts (without any bonus items mentioned) months later after being hounded for them by customers, to concealing important facts about the production process (not having music rights, not paying suppliers, entering into wider distribution deals...).

I think the threat of winding up in jail is the only thing motivating Ross to actually ship discs.

Cate
Liberty High Student

Post by Cate » Oct 17th 2002, 1:23 pm

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:Some have acted as Nostradamuses (Nostradamii?), and I'm just hoping that BMG really researched the source of the funds. Otherwise, I am predicting they might regret having accepted it.
Have to keep adding fuel to the fire eh Jason.

Jason, people put their trust in you from day one to help them realize the dream of the best fan driven MSCL DVD box set ... and that included Lunch Box, and bonus disc packed with all kinds of goodies. We paid our money up front because, as you stated, it was required from BMG. Part of the delay with the bonus disk was that we were waiting for cast interviews that you were setting up (twice, at least), but sadly, did not happen. My point is not to bash you but to say that people deserve to receive what they signed on for from day one and paid for.

They did not deserve to be dragged into some sort of massive personality conflict and/or future business rivalry between you and Ross.

Sorry, but that is how this looks given everything that has happened over the last 8 months.

JMHO (which I realize isn't worth s**t) and at least my suspicions are far less damaging than the fraud allegations that have been going around for days.

I will stick around to hear from Robert and then I am outta here.

KrokRos
Angela's best friend

Post by KrokRos » Oct 17th 2002, 1:28 pm

To collect the positive here, BMG are (probably) sending the discs to AU on Monday and after that it should take about 1-2 weeks for AU to send them, I would guess. The first one to ever get the discs (who ordered) will probably faint at first sight. Yeah, well. You may lynch me now, I know we don't believe we'll get them... I am just avoiding cancellation as long as I can. *holdingmythumbs*

Jason - You can take a break and relax, with your wife. Have a lovely life without the worries of AU. That's what I think. So many ppl will always be devoted to you anyway. :)

So. I wanna tell everyone in this forum that I think you are very goodhearted and nice to talk to, and nice to have around for discussions of this matter. Hope we all get a happy ending.

tridentdps
Tino

Post by tridentdps » Oct 17th 2002, 1:29 pm

Well then, I hope Ropbert calls quickly then. You are just a flaming Jason.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 17th 2002, 1:30 pm

Hey Cate,

Either complete incompetence or fraud. I dare anybody to argue with the facts.

so-called customer
Between Names

Post by so-called customer » Oct 17th 2002, 2:34 pm

I find it hard to believe that ANYONE can defend AU at this point in time. The only thing I can credit them with is being able to thoroughly screw up a very workable business model in ever way possible.

My cancellation has been placed through Drygrass, but I guess I'll have to start emailing Ross in order for it to actually take effect. Good bye and good riddance AU.

Denie
Between Names

Post by Denie » Oct 17th 2002, 3:50 pm

so-called customer wrote: My cancellation has been placed through Drygrass, but I guess I'll have to start emailing Ross in order for it to actually take effect. Good bye and good riddance AU.
I would call AU at 888-5-comics. Ross won't be back until October 21. And Wade said today that he has a lot of orders to process that were submitted through Drygrass. Your order is more likely to get processed faster if you call.
If only there were a button somewhere that I could push. To force me to stop talking.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 17th 2002, 4:21 pm

Cate wrote:My point is not to bash you but to say that people deserve to receive what they signed on for from day one and paid for.

They did not deserve to be dragged into some sort of massive personality conflict and/or future business rivalry between you and Ross.
I have literally read EVERY post in the DVD forum since this fiasco began (we're talking even back when we didn't have a separate DVD forum) and I find it difficult to believe that Jason is doing this due to a personality conflict with Ross. He is doing this because he was as duped as the rest of us and he is trying to keep us, the customers who FINANCED this set, as informed as possible.

Would it have been better just sitting around knowing absolutely nothing wondering why the discs were supposed to ship in September but still weren't at your house?

We DO deserve what we signed up for, but I think we also deserve to know WTF has been going on at AU so that we can make informed decisions regarding whether to stay with AU or cancel and order from another vendor.

Jennifer
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Jennifer » Oct 17th 2002, 4:24 pm

tridentdps wrote:Well then, I hope Ropbert calls quickly then. You are just a flaming Jason.
Heh. A flaming Jason. I'm not sure exactly what that would look like! :twisted:

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 17th 2002, 4:25 pm

Anything like a Flaming Moe? Sorry, I meant a Flaming Homer.

:wink:

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 17th 2002, 4:30 pm

This is not a personality thing. This a business thing. I suppose that if businesses have a personality, then it is a business-personality thing.

This project has been a train wreck waiting to happen for its duration. I cannot believe how incompetent AnotherUniverse.com has been. It is cheaper for me to hand over $25K to the fans than it is for me to waste the time pursuing it.

AU has proven that even when it has a judgement entered against it, it will go to great lengths to prevent its accounts from being garnished. When companies are waiting for payment past a deadline, AU continues to dick around with them.

I suppose that if businesses can have a personality, then AU is an a--hole.

Fedup
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Fedup » Oct 17th 2002, 4:31 pm

Denie wrote:
so-called customer wrote: My cancellation has been placed through Drygrass, but I guess I'll have to start emailing Ross in order for it to actually take effect. Good bye and good riddance AU.
I would call AU at 888-5-comics. Ross won't be back until October 21. And Wade said today that he has a lot of orders to process that were submitted through Drygrass. Your order is more likely to get processed faster if you call.
How's *this* for service? I was told to get my credit back I *had* to dispute it with my CC company. They can no longer credit my credit card. Of course, Ross never mentioned it in my numerous email correspondences ("I'll take care of it") and my numerous calls ("Don't worry, Wade will take care of it when he gets back" or "I'll submit it to the accounting department, they'll take care of it ASAP") over the last 3 months. Oh, and I know this isn't Ross' fault because he's too busy to refund an *illegal* double-charge (and why should he be responsible? He's only the CEO). He's in NYC! He's on a plane! He's sleeping! His cell phone died! His cat had a hairball caught in his throat! He's bringing Wade some chicken soup because Wade's out sick! I'm so stupid! I should have realized that when Ross says "I'll take care of it" he really means "Actually, you must contest this charge with your CC company because we can't and won't refund your money!"

There's an idea...how about a RR language translator?

siandam
Jody Barsh

Post by siandam » Oct 17th 2002, 4:34 pm

How's *this* for service? I was told to get my credit back I *had* to dispute it with my CC company. They can no longer credit my credit card.

Who told you this? This is un friggin beliveable!

I can't wait to hear Cate's rationale of this.

FarrellGirl78
Overlooked Sibling

Post by FarrellGirl78 » Oct 17th 2002, 4:38 pm

Yeah Ross is on the run... oops, I meant on the road! Sorry about that... God, I wonder how this guy can look at himself knowing what he did. I sent him a "nice" e-mail but I got the "on the road" reply!

Anyway, I am in Quebec so I have better things to do instead of calling Wade to make sure he took care of my cancellation when I am should trust Mike (who never answered me by the way) that he did on oct 14th. When I hear that calling them in Sacramento really makes a difference, I will pay to call them. Until that day, I will deal with VISA. With the nice little e-mail we all got from Mike. everyone just has to go to the bank and show them the e-mail and tell them that it wasn't true and that AU has no intention to refund you. This is what I did and VISA will fight for me (though I need to help them and argue a little). I think I have better chances to get a refund if I dispute the transaction because I never got the product or if I report them to authorities for not giving me a refund when they have 30 days to do it after sending the e-mail.

Why am I a psychologist? I should be a lawyer an sue AU for more money!

Dominique