Shocking e-mails from Ross... This is an example of Ross....

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
MartinPierre
Yearbook Team

Shocking e-mails from Ross... This is an example of Ross....

Post by MartinPierre » Oct 15th 2002, 1:05 pm

Hello Folks !

As you know, I posted 7 questions to Ross last Friday and e-mail him, and he replied to me.

You can view my posts to confirm what I am talking about.

I had sent my questions to Ross in an e-mail and he replied within a few minutes with more than I said he said : I agreed to not reveal what he told me last Friday, but I am now disclosing everything.

He you remember, I have always ( in the past ) been supportive of AU, but I am not stupid...

Here is the exchange of e-mails. Read, it is VERY interesting :

Here is my first e-mail :
-------------------------------------------
Ross, here is a list of quick questions to answer THAT YOU SHOULD KNOW THE ANSWER... I am sure we ALL want to know the answers...

AND DON'T SKIP ANY...

No, I am not asking for a delivery date for any products.

1 - Did BMG get paid, and if not, why and when will they be ?

2 - What is the gift you have been talking about for a few days ? Don't evade, people are waiting to know...

3 - Why can't we share gift certificates ? What does it change that 1 person uses 2 certificates or 2 uses 1 each ? Is it because you hope that with 30$ we will order more and we will pay the difference ?

4 - Do you have anyone left to pay for the Bonus disk ?

5 - What is cleared RIGHT NOW for the Bonus disk ? What is the total length ? What do you hope to clear within the next week ?

6 - When you say Free Shipping, does it include International shipping such as Canada or Australia ?

7 - I was billed in March. The money is on my credit since, at 18% interests, which probably yields around 10$ of interest ( 18% per year is 1.5% per month * 7 months ), if I calculate well. If I stay, will you add that to my gift certificate ? If I leave, will you reimbourse that as well ?

I think all of these questions are reasonnable...

PS : You can answer on the MSCL forum, I posted my questions there in a thread
called : ROSS IMPORTANT QUESTIONS... ANSWER TODAY

Martin-Pierre Frenette
I have pre-ordered on the first day, I believe february 17th,
and I have not cancelled yet.
---------------------------------------------------------
His reply, a few minutes later :
----------------------------------------------------------
Some quick answers. Though I think I answered some of them already.

1. Yes they've been paid.

2. I'm trying to get something approved by Buena Vista. If it happens I'll let you know.

3. The gift certificates are for the people who we caused hardship or made wait for extended periods of time.

4. Only the production company.

5. The museum of TV and Radio and the material that Dan filmed at the Bedford Falls office. It'll be about 2 1/2 hours.

6. Yup. We'll be doing free shipping, regardless of where they ordered from.

7. The interest credit was for the people who were double charged.

As I said last night, I really have no desire to continue to get into ongoing postings there. I'll post news as it happens and updates. I know we're exchanged e-mails before, and I want to keep sharing information, but every time I update, people just keep trying to find something new to focus on.

I'd rather you not post my e-mails. I'll keep posting updates (though not over the weekend most likely) and will update people as much as I can. But I really don't want to continue to argue or fight at mscl.com.

Ross
-----------------------------------------------------------------
My reply, 1 hour later :
Well, I can understand your concern, but many of these
answers would calm down people, such as the free shipping
and the fact BMG was paid.

BTW : Jason says that BMG are saying they were not paid.

Can you contact BMG and confirm they were indeed paid ?

As for the bonus, is that about it ?
No outtakes, no other interviews, no bloopes or deleted scenes ?

As for the certificate, I am in Canada, if I order what I want soon,
can you ship it with the lunch box so I will get free shipping ?

If I don't cancel, I would like to have : Infinity Gauntlet : 24.95$
The Science of the X-Men ( at 5.74$ )

Total : 30.69$

Would you argue for the 69 cents ???

In fact, would you be able to ship them with my DVDs instead
of sending me a gift certificate ?

--------------------------------------------------------
His reply, 45 minutes later :
--------------------------------------------------------
What I'm most tired of is Jason trying to involve people in this. I've heard from G-Whiz that they keep getting e-mails from people asking about the lunchboxes and that's something they don't want.

I'll be meeting with BMG on Monday. I'll probably have a postable update after that.

I won't argue over the $0.69. And if we can do it during the DVD shipping I will. But I'd really rather focus on just getting all the sets out. But let me see what I can do.
------------------------------------------------
My reply, 9 minutes later :
-------------------------------------------------
>What I'm most tired of is Jason trying to involve people in this. I've
>heard from G-Whiz that they keep getting e-mails from people asking
>about the lunchboxes and that's something they don't want.

I understand 100% That's why I won't call BMG, nor G-Whiz and I try not to call Wade too much ( and I am always polite with him ).

>I'll be meeting with BMG on Monday. I'll probably have a postable
>update after that.

Great, can't wait to see the update!

>I won't argue over the $0.69. And if we can do it during the DVD
>shipping I will. But I'd really rather focus on just getting all the sets out.
>But let me see what I can do.

If it slows things down too much, don't worry... It can wait.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
His reply, 3 minutes later
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
And if you posted something like you said, could you please deal with it for me as well. I'm not sure what you posted, but let people know I've not ignored you, and won't be online for most of the rest of the day.

Thanks.
------------------------------------------------------------------
My reply, 16 minutes later
Well, I can post something, but I don't know what !

You told me not to post anything on the forum...

I can say this :

"I had sent a copy of my message to Ross, and he replied to me quickly ( a few minutes )
with a few answers. He is on the run today : he has quite a few errands and doesn't have
time to post on the forum nor to reply to many e-mails.

Here is a short resume of his answers :

- To his knowledge, BMG has been paid IN FULL. He has a meeting with them Monday morning for other reasons and will abord the subject with them.

- The other bonus item has to be cleared by Bueno Vista. He is waiting for their approval.

- The only money remaining to be paid is for the production company that will print the bonus DVD. But since
the DVD is not ready, that money is not due yet.

- The Bonus DVD will include The museum of TV and Radio and the material that Dan filmed at the Bedford Falls office. It'll be about 2 1/2 hours.

- Free shipping is included AROUND the world for the DVD and the bonus disk/Lunch box. He will try to ship items ordered with the 30$ certificate with the bonus disk, so it will ship free too. It might not always be possible thought, but he will try to combine the two,

- The interest credit payment is only for people who were double charged, not for people who cancel or get delievered.

Please note that I am just a messenger... But I am not affiliated with AU in ANY way, I am in the same boat
as you are...

I'd say : Hang on a least until Monday with BMG to see what happends."

You can change you don't like if you prefer, but I think this e-mail can help a little to soothe.

I only have 40 more minutes, so I will post that if I don't hear from you until then...

But I will wait until 15h35 EST.
-------------------------------------------------------------
his reply, 3 minutes later
--------------------------------------------------------------
That might be more than I want as well.

How about just the first part:

"I had sent a copy of my message to Ross, and he replied to me quickly ( a few minutes )
with a few answers. He is on the run today : he has quite a few errands and doesn't have
time to post on the forum nor to reply to many e-mails."

And then let them know if I have any definitive update from BMG or any other part of this I'll post it myself at the end of the day. Otherwise I'll give a Monday update after seeing BMG.

Sorry to put you through this. I did go look at your post and wish you hadn't done that before e-mailing me.

Ross
My reply, 6 minutes later
----------------------------------------------------------------
Can I at least confirm that free shipping will be around the world ?

This would be the post :

time to post on the forum nor to reply to many e-mails.

But he did tell me a few details :

1 - He has a meeting with BMG Monday and will post an update after that
2 - He can confirm that free shipping is around the world"
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi reply, 1 minute later
---------------------------------------------------------------------
that's ok

Thanks

I then posted my message.

MartinPierre
Yearbook Team

Post by MartinPierre » Oct 15th 2002, 1:11 pm

I re-read my message...

Geez, after the e-mails, I DID feel better, hoping everything would be allright.

But once again, Ross striked out...

Ross, if you read this and feel betrayed because I posted our conversation, you have to understand that my only relationship with you is that of a customer.

And you are not treating us like a customer : you have lied to us and betrayed us.

Please note that I am NOT cancelling my order until tomorrow : I still hope to get :

- My DVD set
- My Lunchbox
- My certificate of authenticity
- The Bonus disk
- My T-shirt
- My Marvel Comics: Infinity Gauntlet
- My Marvel book
- The special reward you are talking about.

But I will indeed cancel tomorrow if there is no news of payment to BMG since it means you won't be getting the DVDs from BMG.

I might even buy the Bonus disk if you refund me and later sell it.

I will also call the Canadian authorities and the Californian ones if I am not shipped or refunded ( thought I really want the first to happend... ).

Zach
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Zach » Oct 15th 2002, 1:16 pm

Well, its nice to know that someone has been getting reply's from Ross. I've emailed him twice this week and have yet to get an ansewer!

MartinPierre
Yearbook Team

Post by MartinPierre » Oct 15th 2002, 2:04 pm

Well, I did get these e-mails, but none of my e-mails I sent since Friday were replied...

Maybe Ross is somewhere in the Carribean having fun ! :cry:

Howard
Yearbook Team

Post by Howard » Oct 15th 2002, 2:11 pm

MartinPierre wrote:I re-read my message...

Geez, after the e-mails, I DID feel better, hoping everything would be allright.
That's Ross's stock-in-trade: making you feel better, without actually delivering a tangible.

MartinPierre
Yearbook Team

Post by MartinPierre » Oct 15th 2002, 2:31 pm

That's exactly what I thought !!!

It reminded so much of what Jason keeps telling us all the time...

Cate
Liberty High Student

Post by Cate » Oct 15th 2002, 4:19 pm

MartinPierre wrote:Well, I did get these e-mails, but none of my e-mails I sent since Friday were replied...

Maybe Ross is somewhere in the Carribean having fun ! :cry:
But Ross said in one of his letters to you that he most probably wouldn't be
available this past weekend.

As I have said before - I really think we need to just cool down a little. This has gotten way out of hand.

As far as his letters to you I thought they were very patient and polite. I am amazed he took the time to respond back and forth so many times. I imagine he was quite busy before his trip to NY.

I don't see this as something bad.

phelix
Yearbook Team

Post by phelix » Oct 15th 2002, 4:58 pm

Cate wrote: As I have said before - I really think we need to just cool down a little.
Why? Today is tueday and we haven't heard a peep out of Ross. IF there was any good news, Ross would be posting it to keep people from cancelling. Instead, we have nothing but silence. He has our money, and we have nothing.

I think Ross has decided that he will no longer benefit from any public disclosures in this forum. That is not a good sign.
Cate wrote: As far as his letters to you I thought they were very patient and polite. I am amazed he took the time to respond back and forth so many times. I imagine he was quite busy before his trip to NY.
This seems to be one of his strategies. He will pick a few people and appease them (or even refund them), expecting those few to post their postivie experiences here.

Howard
Yearbook Team

Post by Howard » Oct 15th 2002, 5:07 pm

phelix wrote:This seems to be one of his strategies. He will pick a few people and appease them (or even refund them), expecting those few to post their postivie experiences here.
Or, in my case, he pays a few freelancers (other than me) a few hundred dollars each to make it appear that he's begun the process of appeasement, and then stops. (And at least one of those checks bounced, months ago, and still hasn't been replaced.)

wend74
Overlooked Sibling

Post by wend74 » Oct 15th 2002, 5:11 pm

i agree Cate
its all got a bit scary in here its like while Ross is away from here everything gets blown up HUGE and the rumours get bigger. if he can't post he won't and if when he does everyone just slags him off he won't bother coming back. i know we're all incredibly p o'd at the mo with every reason but.... i wouldn't want to be the one to answer to some of you either!! i'm not defending Ross or AU but all the sniping isn't encouraging anyone from AU to come here and fill us in

Cate
Liberty High Student

Post by Cate » Oct 15th 2002, 5:35 pm

wend74 wrote:i agree Cate
its all got a bit scary in here its like while Ross is away from here everything gets blown up HUGE and the rumours get bigger. if he can't post he won't and if when he does everyone just slags him off he won't bother coming back. i know we're all incredibly p o'd at the mo with every reason but.... i wouldn't want to be the one to answer to some of you either!! i'm not defending Ross or AU but all the sniping isn't encouraging anyone from AU to come here and fill us in
Yeah, I've noticed that too ... when Ross is away. Pretty easy to do all of this when he isn't around to defend himself or try to straighten out the rumours, allegations, innuendo, threats etc etc.

I think with the climate on this board the way it is right now the vast majority of people won't believe a word he does say when he returns.

I'm still hopeful though. (and I don't like being manipulated)

Denie
Between Names

Post by Denie » Oct 15th 2002, 5:45 pm

Cate wrote: Yeah, I've noticed that too ... when Ross is away. Pretty easy to do all of this when he isn't around to defend himself or try to straighten out the rumours, allegations, innuendo, threats etc etc.

I think with the climate on this board the way it is right now the vast majority of people won't believe a word he does say when he returns.

I'm still hopeful though. (and I don't like being manipulated)
That's another part of the problem - lack of communication. Ross is always "away". From the very beginning of this project he has never posted very much. Not to mention the complete lack of e-mail updates. And when he does post, they are typically vague and filled with (what we now know to be) half-truths.
If only there were a button somewhere that I could push. To force me to stop talking.

MarkSWalker
Three Rivers Resident

Post by MarkSWalker » Oct 15th 2002, 6:28 pm

At this point he is going to have to provide proof that what he is saying
is the truth. Has Ross stated things are are patently untrue, and even
contracdicted himself? YES.

Has Jason? NO.

Who ya gonna believe?

Personally, I have watched this board for a while, longer
than I've been posting, certainly, and I think the way everyone is talking
now has everything to do with the fact that we are now at the axis of
final outcome: either we'll get our DVDs, or we're screwed.

And I doubt people would change their tone much if Ross was around,
unless he provides DEFINITIVE proof that things are as he says they are.

With other vendors getting this product shipping to them after Wednesday,
it seems that we have are finally at a point where we realize we are
about to be royally screwed if AU doesn't pull it together this week.

Mark

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

AU has serious communication problems

Post by lance » Oct 15th 2002, 8:15 pm

Like Mark I have been watching this board on and off since February and just started posting this last July. Cate, why is Jason so popular around this board compared to the not-so-lamented Ross? Jason is so popular because he takes the time to COMMUNICATE :D with us the customers. Ross, for whatever reason, has not seen fit to come down from on high and just speak plainly about what is going on with the whole DVD project.

Ross doesn't like Jason, fine. Cate and others don't like Jason, wonderful. Most of the people here at the board do support Jason, also good. This is a really simple matter. We all payed to get our DVD set that was promised at least twice now, June and September. We have not received our product. There does not need to be a horse and pony show put on by AU. If AU has paid for the discs, the lunchbox and the bonus disc then just say so and start shipping them. Otherwise AU should just be honest and say, "Sorry we don't have the product. We aren't likely to get the product, perhaps you should order from Amazon or Best Buy. Here is your refund and our humble, heartfelt apologies."

Again this is not rocket science nor is this about the clash of personalities. I have never met Ross, Gord or Jason in person. I have more respect for Jason and Gord because they have at least been kind enough to let me and others know what is going on to the extent of there knowledge. This is supposed to be a simple business transaction. So AU where is the product and where is the money that was taken in good faith from nearly 4,000 honest, eager customers?

Lance Man :?

bluemmsrule
Tino

EXACTLY

Post by bluemmsrule » Oct 15th 2002, 11:20 pm

Lance & MarkSWalker,
I agree with you completely!

Cate,
I don't recall you saying how long you've been watching post on this board. But I have the impression is has been not that long. I've been wacthing it about weekly from Feb (when I ordered) til May, when we got a ship date of June 18 (a lie). And at least every two or three days since June. That is why I am so mad at all this. I can't believe I put up with this when I could have ordered from Amazon without all this headache. At the time of my order I thought this set would ONLY be made for AU. I would've waited to order from a retailer I knew. Especially since I won't get my AU DVD any sooner from AU that Amazon.
And not that it matters, but Jason has not lied to us. With a possible exception of when AU lied to him. But you are right, we have no real reason to believe Jason. We just do because of past experiences. And I guess I am the only one on here who has not emailed Jason.