I'm out...

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
socalledfan
Angela's best friend

I'm out...

Post by socalledfan » Oct 15th 2002, 12:29 pm

It pains me to give up, but this project is a damn train wreck and we have been lied to non-stop.

I am not willing to "stick it out" any longer with AU. I have no reason to trust them at this point. :x

My order # is W3208899. Just putting it on record here. I will send notice today of cancellation via DryGrass and a direct email to Ross.

I'll keep you guys posted on whether or not I get my money back sometime this century.

In the meantime, Amazon, here I come!

To my MSCL forum pals, I'll still be "around," checking the board and posting. Or, PM me if you want to chat.

peace,
SCF
"You're sooo beautiful, it HURTS to look at you."

Denie
Between Names

Post by Denie » Oct 15th 2002, 12:47 pm

I finally gave up and cancelled yesterday. :( I know exactly how you feel. More than anything I wish this project had turned out differently.

To Jason and Gord: I truly thank you. You guys are the best! :D
And Jason, even if AU never pays the balance they owe you...I really do believe in karma and you will be rewarded, one way or another.
If only there were a button somewhere that I could push. To force me to stop talking.

socalledfan
Angela's best friend

Post by socalledfan » Oct 15th 2002, 12:49 pm

Thanks Denie.

I echo your sentiments to Jason and Gord.

Jason, Gord, sorry you got mixed up in this mess. I have a great deal of respect for you and I wish you all the best.

Peace to all of you lovely Chase-faces out there...
SCF

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Oct 15th 2002, 12:57 pm

i'm out too. i'm sad, because i would like to think of myself as one of those hard-core stick with it until the ship has sunk kind of guys. i am blown away by how quickly this fell apart. i mean, the amazon.com listing didn't pop up all that long ago! on the other hand, this trip has been a long one, and if a retailer can't come up with an amount of money equal to 87 pre-orders to pay the lunchbox maker, then it is my time to go!

when many of the people that have been posting here forever start to cancel, I know it's probably my time to cancel too.

hopefully my next substantial post here will be about how much I love the dvd box set although i probably won't resist chiming in on something!

now please excuse me while I fax some cancellation love over to anotheruniverse.com.

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Oct 15th 2002, 1:17 pm

I certainly understand where you are coming from. :roll:

However, I pre-ordered from Amazon, but I am also sticking with AU until Wednesday to see what happens with Ross and BMG.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

ClarenceWorley
Let's Bolt Regular

Three Strikes

Post by ClarenceWorley » Oct 15th 2002, 1:27 pm

socalledfan wrote:It pains me to give up, but this project is a damn train wreck and we have been lied to non-stop.
I find it somewhat comforting that the diehard fans are now cancelling their orders. I will do the same in the next few days (pending miracle and then some). My Amazon order is already placed, and with every reassurance in the world that it will end up on my doorstep in the not too distant future.

Nevertheless, I would say that we're all just happy that MSCL (in its entirety) is finally on DVD... almost. ;)
"I'm just an ordinary guy with nothing to lose."

Debs
Liberty High Student

Post by Debs » Oct 15th 2002, 2:15 pm

Yup. Cancelled this morning and regrettably so. I was VERY excited by this project; WE the fans were actually putting ourselves out there and making it happen. I LOVED that. My boxset & bonus disc was going to be a focal point for house-guests for years to come!

Unlike many, I had faith in AU right up until the last few days... I know, I know, the warning signs were glaringly obvious but I believed Ross when he posted here. He sounded so cool, so calm and so normal. I really thought AU were making this DVD for us, and why wouldn't they be, they said they would AND they had our money. I am SO f***ing naive.

However, the utmost respect to Jason & Gord.
Behold: two cool dudes 8) 8)
Mom. Streamers?

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Oct 15th 2002, 2:25 pm

I was having a really hard time pushing the send button on the cancellation request, but then I saw that Jason was asking for the Amazon.com love and I said to myself, if Jason is cancelling his order with au.com and buying from amazon then it is time to GET OUT!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: Okay, he probably never had an order with au, but you get the idea. :D I'll miss all the personalities on here. Bye everyone!

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 15th 2002, 2:39 pm

pgh_kenny wrote:I'll miss all the personalities on here. Bye everyone!
Pssst, I'll meet you over in the off topic forum!

:wink:

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Oct 15th 2002, 2:58 pm

candygirl wrote:
pgh_kenny wrote:I'll miss all the personalities on here. Bye everyone!
Pssst, I'll meet you over in the off topic forum!

:wink:
I've been meaning to finish my desert island music list... I guess I got a little distracted over here! :D

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 15th 2002, 3:00 pm

:oops:

Uhh, that reminds me - I never started my desert island list!

socalledfan
Angela's best friend

Post by socalledfan » Oct 15th 2002, 3:07 pm

Hey you two...get moving on those lists! LOL...

:P
SCF

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Oct 15th 2002, 3:10 pm

socalledfan wrote:Hey you two...get moving on those lists! LOL...

:P
SCF
It's not too late to post some jokes SCF. I'll post my list if you post a joke!

socalledfan
Angela's best friend

Post by socalledfan » Oct 15th 2002, 3:12 pm

Crap...I can never remember good jokes!!! I know I've heard a million of them, but my joke-retention is bad. Lemme think about it a bit and I'll post soon in Off-Topic!

:lol:
SCF

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Oct 15th 2002, 3:14 pm

socalledfan wrote:Crap...I can never remember good jokes!!! I know I've heard a million of them, but my joke-retention is bad. Lemme think about it a bit and I'll post soon in Off-Topic!

:lol:
SCF
You can cheat like I did and just post a link to something you like.