New Email went out...

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
GordLacey
TVShowsOnDVD.com

New Email went out...

Post by GordLacey » Oct 13th 2002, 5:49 pm

Jason and I just sent out an email to anyone who reported a double-bill or overcharge on the DryGrass.com customer service form asking people if they received a refund from AU.

We're trying to get an idea how many of these refunds were actually processed. Since the email was only sent to those people that AU had "processed", the number should be high, but looking at the current numbers, less than 50% of the people that reported a problem actually received credit.

Please note, this email has already gone out to roughly 400 people and responses are coming back. The form allows people that select "no" to return later and update the information. We may send out another email in a few weeks to those people that selected "no" to see if they have since been refunded.

<sigh>It's a shame we have to do this at all, but we appreciate people taking the time to fill out yet another form.

Gord Lacey
the dude that makes the forms you fill out...

RyeBlume
Three Rivers Resident

Post by RyeBlume » Oct 13th 2002, 6:27 pm

I didn't recieve the email, but just FYI, I have NOT recieved a refund.
(order number W3208047).

GordLacey
TVShowsOnDVD.com

Post by GordLacey » Oct 13th 2002, 6:34 pm

RyeBlume wrote:I didn't recieve the email, but just FYI, I have NOT recieved a refund.
(order number W3208047).
If you use a hotmail account it may have been sent to your junk mail folder.

Gord

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Oct 13th 2002, 7:18 pm

gord -

Thanks for the form. I like you page designs... too many other web pages I use have too much flash and too little functionality. Your forms load fast and get right to the point.

My credit card company issued the refund on Friday... it showed up as ADJUSTMENT TC 256 (Other) so I selected "NO". I assume if AU.com had issued refund, it would show up as ComicStore.com.

I tried several times to get a refund:

Email to Ross 9/16/02
Call to "Thomas" 9/24/02
Completion of Dry Grass Form
Email to Ross 10/4/02

I know people have said it takes time for a refund to post, but it should show up as a "pending charge" when you access your account online as soon as the refund is processed by the retailer. For example, if I buy something online, it won't post for 3 to 5 days but it shows up as a pending charge immediately. That never happened, so I assumed all of the above things that I did were ignored.

Anyways, thanks for doing the form Gord.

kenny

GordLacey
TVShowsOnDVD.com

Post by GordLacey » Oct 13th 2002, 7:26 pm

pgh_kenny wrote:I know people have said it takes time for a refund to post, but it should show up as a "pending charge" when you access your account online as soon as the refund is processed by the retailer. For example, if I buy something online, it won't post for 3 to 5 days but it shows up as a pending charge immediately. That never happened, so I assumed all of the above things that I did were ignored.
Yes, it looks like everything has been ignored from the CS form. I'll bet that the people that DID receive a refund did so because they called AU. Here are the numbers right now:

Total: 60
Yes: 13
No: 47

Pretty pathetic, huh?

Gord

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Oct 13th 2002, 7:30 pm

Yeah, I had called AU up immediately after I noticed the double charge and complained quite a bit, asking for the supervisor and telling them how I wouldn't be able to pay bills now that they stole my money.

It was credited back to me the next day.

Wendy5579
Tino

Post by Wendy5579 » Oct 13th 2002, 7:34 pm

When I noticed the double charge. I called my credit card company right away. I also called au and talked to Wade to make sure my order was still fine and he said that it was. Thats how I got my money back.

But now I'm confused by all the posts on here, should I cancel, keep waiting, etc.

Wendy

DrLemonBurn
Three Rivers Resident

Post by DrLemonBurn » Oct 13th 2002, 7:36 pm

We're trying to get an idea how many of these refunds were actually processed. Since the email was only sent to those people that AU had "processed", the number should be high, but looking at the current numbers, less than 50% of the people that reported a problem actually received credit.
I used the site to report two erroneous charges a while ago, but never was told anything was processed or had anything come of my use of the site. Of course this means that I didn't get the mass e-mail you guys sent out, but I thought I'd share this for whatever reason. (I since have e-mailed Ross and was lied to, and I still haven't received my refunds. :? )
so says Sparx.

phelix
Yearbook Team

Post by phelix » Oct 13th 2002, 7:40 pm

GordLacey wrote:
Yes, it looks like everything has been ignored from the CS form. I'll bet that the people that DID receive a refund did so because they called AU. Here are the numbers right now:

Total: 60
Yes: 13
No: 47

Pretty pathetic, huh?

Gord
That should be "I'll bet that the people that DID receive a refund did so because they called AU AND GOT THROUGH TO A LIVE PERSON ". All I ever got was their answering machine, which they obviously ignored.

I'm one of the 'No's, and in addition to filling out your form, I:
  • called them, but only got the answering machine
    sent email
    filled out the customer service form on AU's website
So, it appears that all electronic correspondance with AU is forwarded directly to /dev/null :evil: :evil:

arteitle
Liberty High Student

Didn't receive email

Post by arteitle » Oct 13th 2002, 7:52 pm

I did report an overcharge via the site a week or so ago, but I didn't receive the email either, and I checked my spam folder as well. I use Yahoo for my email.

Aaron Teitlebaum
order #W3214025

GordLacey
TVShowsOnDVD.com

Re: Didn't receive email

Post by GordLacey » Oct 13th 2002, 9:37 pm

arteitle wrote:I did report an overcharge via the site a week or so ago, but I didn't receive the email either, and I checked my spam folder as well. I use Yahoo for my email.

Aaron Teitlebaum
order #W3214025
Ateitle,

The email only went out to people that AU had processed (or claimed they had processed). Since you filled it out a week ago, and AU isn't quick, chances are they probably haven't looked at your request. If they hadn't processed it, then you wouldn't have received the email.

Gord
P.S.
Total: 77
Yes: 17
No: 60

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Oct 13th 2002, 10:50 pm

The number of "no" answers makes you wonder why they even bothered accessing the database! I guess to pacify customers.

GordLacey
TVShowsOnDVD.com

Post by GordLacey » Oct 13th 2002, 10:59 pm

pgh_kenny wrote:The number of "no" answers makes you wonder why they even bothered accessing the database! I guess to pacify customers.
Yeah, it's pretty sad.

Total: 85
Yes: 19
No: 66

I'm glad we set up the form because at least now we have a lot of data for the problems, and we also can prove that AU hasn't done anything to solve them.

Gord

Lurker1999
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Lurker1999 » Oct 13th 2002, 11:13 pm

I didn't get the email but you can chalk me up under the "No" column.

medellia77
Nicky Driscoll

Post by medellia77 » Oct 14th 2002, 12:13 am

I received an e-mail from AU on October 4th confirmng that my order was not cancelled (as they had previously told me), and that I was in the queue for a refund of my double-charge. Needless to say, I too have not received my credit, despite the e-mails, and speaking to Wade on the phone.
Also, their e-mail asked me to confirm if my credit card info was still the same, because they would be charging me for shipping once the DVD's arrive. I thought shipping was free? I'd better watch my bank statements, and see what kind of charges AU may make.