Online interview (video) with Ross Rojek

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Cate
Liberty High Student

Online interview (video) with Ross Rojek

Post by Cate » Oct 13th 2002, 5:35 am

I was doing some research tonight and found this interview with Ross. Thought someone might be interested.

http://www.dotcom.tv/index_comic.html

arteitle
Liberty High Student

Post by arteitle » Oct 13th 2002, 6:17 am

Great find! Gosh, I had no idea he was so nerdy-looking.. I was picturing some gray-haired, scowling, grumpy old man. Interesting to see what the guy looks like.

So-Called Angel
Three Rivers Resident

Post by So-Called Angel » Oct 13th 2002, 6:18 am

Well, I watched the clip and my suspicions have been confirmed - Ross Rojek is definitely a wanker!
"See, I have this philosophy......."

Chase Cat
Three Rivers Resident

Post by Chase Cat » Oct 13th 2002, 8:05 am

I'm a little bit disappointed. He doesn't look like THE mastermind. I think he's just a guy without any idea about bookkeeping.
Patty to Graham: You always buy the cat nicer food than I do.

LetsBolt
Three Rivers Resident

Post by LetsBolt » Oct 13th 2002, 2:53 pm

HAHAHAHA!!!
we're being jerked around by that????
that doesnt make me feel so good...

RyeBlume
Three Rivers Resident

Post by RyeBlume » Oct 13th 2002, 5:26 pm

yeah, he has STOLEN a lot of OUR money. :roll:

pete
Overlooked Sibling

Post by pete » Oct 13th 2002, 7:23 pm

i think these comments are more than a little bit immature... :?
Once upon a time there lived a girl. She was always asleep. One morning she woke up.

Cate
Liberty High Student

Post by Cate » Oct 13th 2002, 7:32 pm

pete wrote:i think these comments are more than a little bit immature... :?
My first reaction wasn't quite so polite when I read the responses earlier.

I would recommend people do a search on Ross on google or yahoo, putting aside the panic and hysteria here, and calmly take a second look at this.

But I, sadly, doubt it would do any good at all.

(Gee, wonder if this message will manage to stay on the board ... )

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 13th 2002, 8:48 pm

I met Ross in person. Looked like a normal, everyday dude. How he looks has nothing to do with this. (Although, in my mind, before meeting, I always thought he would look like comic book guy from The Simpsons --if you think this is a bad joke, I really thought this. I know 2 other comic book people and they look like that person).

If BMG is paid by Wednesday, I will be the happiest person on the planet. Let's all just hope for this outcome.

kappster
Three Rivers Resident

Post by kappster » Oct 14th 2002, 2:12 am

[quote=If BMG is paid by Wednesday, I will be the happiest person on the planet. Let's all just hope for this outcome.[/quote]

Why are we giving him until Wednesday? He is allegedly going to be at BMG MONDAY. If he can't provide proof of full payment tomorrow and send a digital photo of the freight being loaded to ship to California, I am out and cancelling. (not that i will likely get money back voluntarily anyway). What could he possibly need two more days for? He's had nearly 8 months for chrissake! Here's to hopin'.

Cate
Liberty High Student

Post by Cate » Oct 14th 2002, 2:51 am

kappster wrote:
If BMG is paid by Wednesday, I will be the happiest person on the planet. Let's all just hope for this outcome.[/quote wrote:
Why are we giving him until Wednesday? He is allegedly going to be at BMG MONDAY. If he can't provide proof of full payment tomorrow and send a digital photo of the freight being loaded to ship to California, I am out and cancelling. (not that i will likely get money back voluntarily anyway). What could he possibly need two more days for? He's had nearly 8 months for chrissake! Here's to hopin'.
I found this tonight in a thread entitled "The Real Deal with Another Universe"

Quote -

Ross Rojek
AnotherUniverse.com
Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2002 12:55 am Post subject:

BMG has received the deposit they required, and as soon as they finish the authoring and the give us a ship date, we'll be paying for the balance and arranging to receive them and get them to the customers As Soon As Physically Possible.

Including doing some of the shipping from the factory itself on the day they are available.

-- end quote

so I am not entirely sure why we suddenly have this (artificial) deadline of Wednesday. And it would appear that people are now bumping that up to Monday.

Everyone should just calm down.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 14th 2002, 7:28 am

I am not bumping it up to Monday. Wednesday is still a fair date,

David Lambert
TVShowsOnDVD.com

Post by David Lambert » Oct 14th 2002, 12:28 pm

All - keep in mind that today (Monday) is a holiday (Columbus Day). Unless Ross walks into the BMG meeting with the equivilent of cash, I suspect BMG will want to cash the check before agreeing that all is well. But the banks are closed.

The banks are closed north of the border, too...aren't they? Happy Canadian Thankgiving, Gord! :D

But, given that scenario, and an extra day to communicate and to get the lines moving again, then Wednesday is indeed a fair shake of a deadline...hardly arbitrary at all (at least a lot less so than a lot of this other business!).
DAVE LAMBERT
Memphis, TN

DrLemonBurn
Three Rivers Resident

Post by DrLemonBurn » Oct 14th 2002, 4:54 pm

And of course in Japan it's Sports Day, so if there's anyone here from Japan or anyone who wishes they were in Japan, well, you know, happy Sports Day. :D

(I just wanted to make sure every thread had at least one off topic post. :wink: )
so says Sparx.