did people who cancelled receive any confirmation

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
north_Star98
Yearbook Team

did people who cancelled receive any confirmation

Post by north_Star98 » Oct 13th 2002, 4:27 am

of their cancel? because otherwise you have no evidence of ever cancelling....i'm going to cancel soon and i wanted to know....

i also need to get my 20 dollars back from Another Universe....but i paid my check.....so that's going to be kind of hard....><

higgy
Nicky Driscoll

Post by higgy » Oct 13th 2002, 7:25 am

I cancelled on Friday and got a reply from Ross on Saturday.

Dave.

smackey
Overlooked Sibling

Post by smackey » Oct 13th 2002, 10:26 am

higgy wrote:I cancelled on Friday and got a reply from Ross on Saturday.
Same here.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 13th 2002, 10:30 am

Caveat: Ross posted here that he is out on the road, and on the east coast. He wrote to me that Mike McCullough might not be available on Columbus Day to process credit card refunds (I didn't realize that retailers were closed on Columbus Day. It's usually a big sale day!)

In other words, raise the pressure and keep up on him. Daily. Hourly, even.

Debs
Liberty High Student

Post by Debs » Oct 13th 2002, 10:55 am

When is Columbus Day??
Mom. Streamers?

brubrodksy
Tino

Post by brubrodksy » Oct 13th 2002, 10:56 am

I cancelled my MSCL set on Friday 10/11 thru the Drygrass.com site, and haven't received a confirmation yet. Today I sent Ross an e-mail requesting my order be cancelled and CC credited. Will let you know if I receive a confirmation.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 13th 2002, 10:58 am

Sorry, it's Monday October 14. However, I know that BMG is open. I also know that the CEO posted here that he intends to meet with BMG tomorrow.

So, why is the CEO working when all of his employees are off? I thought it is supposed to be the reverse. Doesn't the CEO play golf while the employees slave to the grind? :wink:
Last edited by Jason R on Oct 13th 2002, 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

FarrellGirl78
Overlooked Sibling

Post by FarrellGirl78 » Oct 13th 2002, 10:58 am

I cancelled yesterday but Ross didn't answer me back and AU didn't also. This is what I don't like... Everybody who cancels should get an e-mail saying that they would take care of it in the next days. I got nothing! I just want my money back that's all. I will call VISA today and see what they can do for me.

Dominique

ReggaeFire
Tino

Post by ReggaeFire » Oct 13th 2002, 12:07 pm

I emailed and got no confirmation, so then I called and Wade said that no cancellation had gone through, so I cancelled again, I will be calling in a few days to check if it's cancelled (assuming I don't see a credit show up, I'm not holding my breath).

Jon

FarrellGirl78
Overlooked Sibling

Post by FarrellGirl78 » Oct 13th 2002, 12:09 pm

I called VISA and the woman there told me there was nothing she can do for me because I paid for it a long time ago. I just hope I get an answer from Ross soon and I also e-mailed another universe and even though I am in Quebec, I will call the another universe office tomorrow morning!

If Mike is the one in Ca right now and Ross is not, why not e-mail Mike instead of Ross?

Dominique

Jessica Popsicles
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Jessica Popsicles » Oct 13th 2002, 12:27 pm

I emailed Ross on Friday(11th) and he replied on Saturday(12th) saying that he would have my credit processed next week, which is this week now.

If I don't see the credit on my card by the end of the week I will be emailing him again.
+it can't be all that hard if you can sum it up in a postcard.

EmmBee
Liberty High Student

Post by EmmBee » Oct 13th 2002, 12:27 pm

FarrellGirl78 wrote:I called VISA and the woman there told me there was nothing she can do for me because I paid for it a long time ago.
Don't accept that as an answer. The first person you talk to is probably not going to be able to help you. Ask to speak to a manager, and make sure you describe the unique situation we have here, and that you were defrauded. If you paid for it, and never got it, you should be credited for it. The length of time should not matter. Explain that you were trying to resolve the issue with the company, but have given up, as they now seem to be giving everyone the run around. Basically, if you know your rights, show you know them, and make a fuss, you should get credited.

Denie
Between Names

Post by Denie » Oct 13th 2002, 2:23 pm

Jessica Popsicles wrote:I emailed Ross on Friday(11th) and he replied on Saturday(12th) saying that he would have my credit processed next week, which is this week now.

If I don't see the credit on my card by the end of the week I will be emailing him again.
Monday October 14th is a "holiday" in the U.S., therefore banks are closed. Also, Jason mentioned something about Mike @ AU not being in on Monday. I would guess that any refunds posted to your credit card probably won't appear until Wednesday or Thursday at the earliest.

When you do receive your credit, would you let us know? I'm curious to see how many people actually get their money back.
If only there were a button somewhere that I could push. To force me to stop talking.

Jessica Popsicles
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Jessica Popsicles » Oct 13th 2002, 2:35 pm

Yeah, I read about Mike not being in and figured that things won't be done until Tuesday and then it would take a few days to show up, so I'm hoping it'll show up by Friday. If it's not there by Friday I'm going to email Ross again to ask why it hasn't shown up.
If it doesn't show up I might as well keep bothering him about it so maybe it'll get done quicker :)

I will post here when I do get my credit and let everyone know how long it took and everything like that.
+it can't be all that hard if you can sum it up in a postcard.

Denie
Between Names

Post by Denie » Oct 13th 2002, 2:47 pm

Someone once told me that "it's the squeaky wheel that gets greased."
In other words, the more we inundate AU with phone calls, faxes, and e-mails, the better chance we have of getting our refunds.
If only there were a button somewhere that I could push. To force me to stop talking.