Info on CMIH

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
MarkSWalker
Three Rivers Resident

Post by MarkSWalker » Oct 14th 2002, 9:55 pm

David-

Excellent suggestion! In related activities, I contacted Bill Hunt
and http://www.thedigitalbits.com and asked why he hadn't done some story
on the only DVD set to be produced (or not) simply by fans banding
together.

Howard-

Based on what happens with my credit card this week (i.e. if a credit
shows up on it), then I will do nada. But, I think that everyone should
band together as soon as we know things have gotten even worse
(which it sounds like is happening) and get a lawyer to file a class-action
suit.

Doesn't the date the set street dates at other vendors sound like a good
date to band together formally, if we are still waiting for either the DVD
set or a refund?

Mark

mental
Nicky Driscoll

Re: Info on CMIH

Post by mental » Oct 14th 2002, 11:30 pm

As mentioned by someone else....my CMI Holding was a medical place....

So, I'm deleting my mistake.
Last edited by mental on Oct 14th 2002, 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

arteitle
Liberty High Student

SEC

Post by arteitle » Oct 14th 2002, 11:35 pm

I checked the SEC site out a few days ago, and was disappointed to find that I couldn't retrieve any of their filings electronically. Presumably, one can order printed or perhaps faxed copies, though... anyone interested in exploring this?

Aaron Teitlebaum
arteitle@yahoo.com

(edit: the prior message had linked to the SEC's records on a "CMI Holding Co Inc", which turned out to be a different company. My messages left intact for posterity below.)
Last edited by arteitle on Oct 14th 2002, 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mental
Nicky Driscoll

Re: SEC

Post by mental » Oct 14th 2002, 11:42 pm

My Info was about another company...so I deleted it to avoid confusion
Last edited by mental on Oct 14th 2002, 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

arteitle
Liberty High Student

Post by arteitle » Oct 14th 2002, 11:43 pm

I'm not entirely sure that's the same CMI... I tried doing a reverse lookup of their phone number (as given by the SEC) in both http://www.anywho.com and http://www.superpages.com, and both returned the following:

Chase Medical
1710 Firman Dr
RICHARDSON, TX 75081
972-783-0644

That's almost the same address as the SEC gives for CMI (1876 instead of 1710), and the same phone number. Could this be a different "CMI"? What does Ross' "CMI" stand for, anyway??

Aaron Teitlebaum
arteitle@yahoo.com

arteitle
Liberty High Student

Wrong CMI!

Post by arteitle » Oct 14th 2002, 11:50 pm

I visited http://www.chasemedical.com/ , and at the bottom of their page, they list the same address and phone number as the SEC had. That means that the SEC listings aren't for our CMI Holdings, but for this other company, Chase Medical. Oh well, keep trying...

Aaron Teitlebaum
arteitle@yahoo.com

Howard
Yearbook Team

Post by Howard » Oct 15th 2002, 8:48 am

arteitle wrote:I'm not entirely sure that's the same CMI... I tried doing a reverse lookup of their phone number (as given by the SEC) in both http://www.anywho.com and http://www.superpages.com, and both returned the following:

Chase Medical
1710 Firman Dr
RICHARDSON, TX 75081
972-783-0644

That's almost the same address as the SEC gives for CMI (1876 instead of 1710), and the same phone number. Could this be a different "CMI"? What does Ross' "CMI" stand for, anyway??

Aaron Teitlebaum
arteitle@yahoo.com
I don't know what the initials behind CMI stand for. I know it's not the same place in TX. Any attempts I've made to look for CMIH through the SEC keep pointing to the Richardson, TX place, and we all know the group responsible for this disaster is in Sacramento California. Look up numbers for "Beyond The Pale," Rojek's distribution warehouse.

Howard
Yearbook Team

Post by Howard » Nov 12th 2002, 1:48 pm

Bumping this golden oldie back to the top, because I can now provide the links to the articles posted above. Why? Because the links are to threads, in which our beloved Mr. Rojek posts more than a couple of times regarding the story. Submitted for your entertainment purposes.

http://www.comicon.com/cgi-bin/ultimate ... 2&t=000109

http://www.comicon.com/cgi-bin/ultimate ... 2&t=000113

Mark, to your questions below:

1. $3700 + 10% interest per annum.
2. Less than zero, considering I continue to incur expenses to collect.
3. Last contact was before the article linked above. Unfortunately, I have no advice for legal action, since it doesn't seem to have any impact on him.
MarkSWalker wrote:Howard-

A few questions:

1) How much was Ross supposed to originally pay you?

2) How much have you been paid thus far?

3) When was your last contact with Rojek, and do you have any
advice for us in persuing legal action?

Mark

smackey
Overlooked Sibling

verrry interesting...

Post by smackey » Nov 12th 2002, 2:38 pm

Howard, thanks for the posting the links to those stories/messageboards. I've been told that if you have nothing nice to say about someone (RR, in this case), then don't say anything at all. So I'll keep my trap shut about his statements on that board.

But best of luck with the garnishment in Sacramento. As a freelancer myself, I have firsthand experience with how trying the payment/survival aspect can be (although I've never had to actually sue anyone). :roll:

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 12th 2002, 3:04 pm

For anyone who didn't think Ross was a complete double talking ASS before, the proof is in the pudding. My favorite quote from the discussion:
Originally posted by Rick Veitch:
Any full time employees caught in the cash flow crunch?
Originally posted by Ross Rojek:
Several of us (myself included) are ranging from a month to over 6 months behind on payroll. Still. We started making past due payments before working on our own payroll.
Those AU employees must be really stupid if they are working without being paid. The best part is that Ross completely incriminates himself. It is ILLEGAL to operate a business without paying your employees. If he is still not paying his employees, then all it takes is one phone call to have the proper officials literally go to the company and lock the doors. Of course, we wouldn't want that to happen until everyone's DVDs shipped.

I know this only helps if you are in California, but once you have won in small claims court you are entitled to your money (like say, your triple charge refund). If they do not pay, you can go to the place of business with a sheriff who will instruct the business to take the specified money out of the cash register to pay you. If they do not have enough to pay the full amount, you and the sheriff can sit there and as each customer pays for their merchandise the money goes straight into your hand until you have the amount that you were awarded. Something to think about.
Originally posted by Ross Rojek:
Well I still can't afford to write [Howard] a check for the full $3500.
Keep in mind that Ross made this statement on May 2, 2002. He didn't have $3500 back in May after the first round of double charges? So is it any surprise that there were more "accidental" charges in the months that followed? In light of that statement is it surprising that BMG and GWhiz weren't paid until mid-October?

The more I learn about Ross and his half-ass company, the more shocked I am that the DVDs actually shipped. Howard, I commend you for your patience in this entire debacle.

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Nov 14th 2002, 1:58 pm

Some observations;

I think the first link to Comicon shows a lot in the way the RR handles not only issues such as payments due, but bad press and pressure that comes with it.

In one page and with a handful of people involved, Ross dismantles the credibility of himself within the context of that argument, and in a domino effect, his company as well.

It's very interesting to me that RR would continue to pursue his argument about not being contacted personally (which he was, according to Mr. Veitch) in a public forum, all the while ignoring the fact that in doing so, he was only straining the issue. He should have handled it as professionally as he expected Mr. Veitch should have handled the article; over the phone or via e-mail.

Instead, he chose to not only make it public, but personal as well. To me, when the head honcho of a company plays that way, he should have his toys taken away from him.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that his lawyer(s) have instructed him not to speak to anyone anymore pending the resloutions of all issues (DVDs, payments due, outstanding law suits, investigations). It's probably for the best; He has shown in not only this example, but in this forum as well, that he cannot handle bad press, or negative opinion.

-g