Don't Trust Ross

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Eliott
Tino

Don't Trust Ross

Post by Eliott » Oct 11th 2002, 11:55 pm

I would just like to say that Ross should not be trusted. Earlier in the week, I had emailed him to cancel my order, and he told me that he had put it into the system to cancel my order.

I called today just out curiosity to see if he had actually put in my order to be canceled, and Wade answered and said that it wasn't in the system. I told him to process it.

I asked if I was going to get refunded the full $99.98 that I paid, and he said he didn't know. Aparantly there was some complication because I was double charged, and they refunded me the double charge, and overdraft fee I incured. After arguing with him, I just got tired because he started getting an attitude. So hopefully I will get refunded.

I don't know what else to do. Do I have any guarantee that I will get refunded?

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Re: Don't Trust Ross

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 12th 2002, 3:02 am

Eliott wrote:Do I have any guarantee that I will get refunded?
In a normal situation, I would say hell yes.

In this particular situation, I would say gawd I hope so.

When I explained the dilemma about cancelling with AU to order from Amazon, I admitted that I'm afraid I will never get my money back from AU. He scoffed and said, "They HAVE to."

The sweet innocent naif has never dealt with AU - so trusting, like a little puppy dog!

He seemed a little more skeptical about the refund after I told him about everything that has been transpired since February and what has been revealed on the forum recently.

:(

Eliza
Tino

refund

Post by Eliza » Oct 12th 2002, 9:36 am

In all fairness to Ross, I feel I have to post that I cancelled on 10/8 and my credit card has been refunded as of this morning. (I just checked my statement online.) I am still in a state of great surprise, but I am very relieved and happy. So don't give up. (I, like many of you, was also double charged in August and only got THAT refund by disputing the charge with my credit card company. It seems, at least in my personal experience, that AU is much more on the ball with cancellation refunds.) Good luck!

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Oct 12th 2002, 9:46 am

Eliza -

Thanks for the information. I'm sure everyone will be eager to hear it. I have a theory that Ross pushes through a minority of either cancellation refunds or double charge credits to reduce panic and to make people think that everyone will be treated fairly. I stated in the "Status of Your Order Poll" thread that it appeared that customers were being treated unequally.

Eliza
Tino

unequal treatment

Post by Eliza » Oct 12th 2002, 10:16 am

pgh_kenny --

I think you are probably right that the refunds are / will continue be inconsistent. (For example, I was baffled why so many of us remained unrefunded for the double charges when others seems to have received theirs. It infuriated me, I'm not ashamed to say.) It doesn't escape me that I am one of the lucky ones following cancellation ... I only hope that the rest of you who've cancelled have as much luck. I also hope that others might be able to use my refund as leverage in the attempt to demand fairness across the board. Good luck!