Has anyone canceled their order and recieved a refund?

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Has anyone canceled their order and recieved a refund?

Post by andrewgd » Oct 10th 2002, 6:32 pm

If you've canceled your order with AU, and recieved a refund, please tell us the date you canceled, how you did it, and what date you were refunded your money.

Thank you.

socalledfan
Angela's best friend

Post by socalledfan » Oct 11th 2002, 10:00 am

I second Andrew's request.

If any Lifeheads get their money back, PLEASE tell us. I'm waiting to see what happens with refunds before I go through with cancelling.

I'm not hopeful about getting my money back if I cancel, since people are still waiting for overcharges to be refunded...and there is no good reason for the delay. :x
"You're sooo beautiful, it HURTS to look at you."

Crimson Glow
Frozen Embryo

Post by Crimson Glow » Oct 11th 2002, 10:18 am

I ordered the set back in March and got a refund in May.

When I ordered originally, I did not even realize the DVD's were not available. When I received my credit card statement a month later, AU had charged me but I hadn't received the DVD's (obviously). I was angry because I assumed that they would not charge my card until the DVD's shipped. This policy has been used by every single online retailer I've ever used (and there are dozens).

So I e-mailed AU and got no response. Then I called them. I think it took a couple of tries but I got through. The conversation went something like this...

Me: "You charged me for the DVD's but I don't have them. What gives?"
AU: "They will be shipping some time in June."
Me: "June? Are you serious? You certainly didn't tell me that on your website before I ordered. I'd like to cancel my order and get a refund."
AU: "This is a fan-created project. THe only reason we're doing it is to help support the fans of the show."
Me: "So you're telling me you want me to pre-pay for something now so you'll have the money to complete the project? No way!"
AU: "blah blah"
Me: "Either you reverse the charge on my credit card immediately, or I will have to dispute it with my credit card company. I am not going to fund this project without a guarantee of what will happen with it. If it doesn't work out and for any reason I am not satisfied, I will have no legal recourse because my credit card company only gives me 60 days to dispute charges.
AU: "Ok, I guess we'll refund your money if that's the way you want to be about it."

Needless to say I was livid. They did reverse the cc charge but it took about a week after I called for it to happen. I think I may even have had to call to "remind" them again.

socalledfan
Angela's best friend

Post by socalledfan » Oct 11th 2002, 10:23 am

Thanks Crimson Glow...great username by the way.

Your story doesn't make me feel much better!!! You shouldn't have to strong-arm someone in order to get a refund!!!! But thanks for sharing.

Peace,
SCF
"You're sooo beautiful, it HURTS to look at you."

Anakin
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Anakin » Oct 12th 2002, 2:59 am

Is it true that no one has canceled the order with AU, and ever recieved a refund?
If you will not fight, then you will meet your destiny!

Lurker1999
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Lurker1999 » Oct 12th 2002, 3:41 am

Still waiting for money.

Eliza
Tino

refund!

Post by Eliza » Oct 12th 2002, 9:33 am

I am extremely pleased to report that I canceled my order on 10/8 by emailing Ross, and as of this morning, my credit card has been refunded in whole, both the initial $20 charge and the subsequent $79.98 charge. I checked my credit card statement online and I almost fell out of my chair in shock and delight. I'm sharing this news to let you know that there IS hope. Good luck to you all.

FarrellGirl78
Overlooked Sibling

Post by FarrellGirl78 » Oct 12th 2002, 1:47 pm

Thank you Eliza, Thank you!

I cancelled today (10/12) by e-mailing AU and Ross at the same time and asked them for my money. I paid 99.98$US and I am in Canada so I really want to see my almost 160$ CAN back this monday on my credit card!

Dominique

Jessica Popsicles
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Jessica Popsicles » Oct 12th 2002, 2:08 pm

I emailed Ross late last night (10/11) and asked for my order to be cancelled, I received a reply from him this afternoon (10/12) saying that he was sorry that I was cancelling, but he understood why and that he would have my credit ( $99.98 ) processed next week.

I feel a lot better seeing that he answered so quickly and that people are getting their money back it seems.

FarrellGirl78
Overlooked Sibling

Post by FarrellGirl78 » Oct 12th 2002, 2:12 pm

I e-mailed Ross this morning and I hope to get an answer from him today saying that he will cancel my order and give me my money back. I just want a confirmation that he will give me my money back and actually put it back on my credit card!

modo
Nicky Driscoll

refund

Post by modo » Oct 12th 2002, 3:40 pm

I got a refund from Ross, and it posted to my credit card yesterday. He emailed me early in the week to see if I had had my double charge put back on the card. I emailed him back to say, that in fact I had, but then I cancelled my order with him right there and the money was finally posted to my account yesterday. Phew. I'm done and clear with AU. No more of this nonsense. That's one less customer they have to deal with. Now, rally on, cohorts! I support you.

Molly

DrLemonBurn
Three Rivers Resident

Post by DrLemonBurn » Oct 12th 2002, 4:05 pm

I this posted somewhere else, but I also was replied to immediately after canceling (while it took a week at least every other time I e-mailed them), and was quickly refunded my $20 + $79.98. I still have $194.98 in extra bonus charges that haven't been refunded, though they were promised to be taken care of last Monday. I'm so glad I used a credit card.
so says Sparx.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Cancellation

Post by lance » Oct 12th 2002, 5:42 pm

I cancelled my order by e-mail and I am waiting for a reply. Tired to call them on Friday and all I got was a busy signal.

Lance Man

MarkSWalker
Three Rivers Resident

Post by MarkSWalker » Oct 12th 2002, 6:10 pm

I cancelled my order through drygrass, and then sent Ross an
e-mail to which he promptly replied and told me he would take
care of it next week.

Here's hoping.

Mark

FarrellGirl78
Overlooked Sibling

Post by FarrellGirl78 » Oct 12th 2002, 6:21 pm

Well it might be my mistake because when I read again my e-mail to Ross, for whatever reason I said don't e-mail me back instead of e-mail me back, but Ross didn't answer me about my cancellation. I will e-mail him back if he doesn't just to check and see if my cancellation is over and I am done with AU!

Dominique