I canceled my order ... here's what happened.

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Eliza
Tino

I canceled my order ... here's what happened.

Post by Eliza » Oct 9th 2002, 10:03 am

I thought there should be a place for people to share how things progress for them after they cancel their orders.

I filled out the automated form to cancel, but since I'm not sure that's still in effect, I also emailed Ross personally since that is what he requested we do via this forum. I asked him to please cancel my order and gave him my order number (W3210644).

He emailed promptly in response: I can do that for you. However we do expect to be shipping them fairly soon. Should I let you know when we are so you can decide if you want it again?

I replied that I feel I cannot trust a description of "fairly soon" and to please cancel my order. To his credit, he replied again quite promptly: No problem.

I emailed him again this morning because I talked to my credit card company. I asked MBNA to tell me in advance what I will need to do to dispute charges from March and April ($20 and $79.98 respectively) should I not receive my refund from AU, and MBNA told me that there is nothing they can do since it's been more than 60 days unless I have a letter on AU letterhead that includes my name and credit card number and verifies that AU has agreed to to credit me $99.98. So I requested that from Ross via email this morning, and he replied: I'll have someone at the office take care of that for you later today. (It was around 6:00 a.m. his time, so I appreciate that he is up early to respond to our emails.)

I hate to take these preemptive steps toward dispute in case I don't receive my refund, because I am fundamentally a very trusting person, but at this point I feel like it's in my best interest to secure this verification. You all might want to contact your credit card companies as well to find out what you will need to do if you intitially paid months ago and are worried about what will happen if you do not receive a refund if you cancel your order, because I think most companies have a deadline by which you must dispute charges. Also, make sure you make hard copies of any records or correspondence that you've had with AU, because you might have to ultimately submit those to your credit card company.

Good luck, everybody. And Ross, if you're reading this, thank you again for your prompt replies to my inquiries. I look forward to receiving my letter, as you said, later today.

jenrose
Tino

Post by jenrose » Oct 9th 2002, 11:12 am

thanks for the update on the cancellation. that makes me feel a little better about cancelling my order..

jenrose
Tino

Post by jenrose » Oct 9th 2002, 11:15 am

thanks for the update on the cancellation. that makes me feel a little better about cancelling my order.