Thanking Jason

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
somamoon
Three Rivers Resident

Thanking Jason

Post by somamoon » Oct 9th 2002, 1:00 am

When the DVD first came to fruition, I brought up the idea of thanking Jason for his hard work, but he was modest and nixed the idea. Well after all he's been through, and the fact that he's "making less than a Burger King employee" for this project, AND the possibility that he won't get paid until god knows when - if at all - based on AU's bounced check history, I'm more determined than ever that we should extend some form of goodwill his way.

Because of the possibility he wouldn't get paid, I was thinking a monetary present. If everyone chipped in $10 (and those of you that cancelled your AU orders to buy from Amazon could afford more :wink: ), we could probably round up AT LEAST a few hundred bucks. Or if $10 is even too much for you to spare, you could send something home made. We could do a huge package...if someone wants to make something then cool, if you want to donate money then cool. We'll send it all.

Interested? If so, I can set up a mailing list so we can discuss this in private. Let me know! :D

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 9th 2002, 1:05 am

I know that Jason nixed this idea when it was suggested before his wedding, but I say we PayPal him with our thanks - especially since some of us live a little too far to actually buy him a beer in New York.

:wink:

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Oct 9th 2002, 1:23 am

I agree. Jason has saved me 230 dollars. Well atleast 115 of it...dont know if the other was refunded yet. I am down for sending out something. Or buying a round or two lol. Since i am in the nyc area.

Without him we wouldnt have s**t...or more correct the possibility of s**t :wink:

Leslie
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Leslie » Oct 9th 2002, 3:51 pm

Definitely, I'm in for a cash thank you to Jason and paypal is easy to use....he needs to have an account for us to send it to though.

MartinPierre
Yearbook Team

Post by MartinPierre » Oct 9th 2002, 3:54 pm

I am all for it !

If you remember well, I was the first one to suggest sending some money to Jason via Paypal a few weeks ago...

Denie
Between Names

Post by Denie » Oct 9th 2002, 4:38 pm

Great idea! I'll help all I can.
We owe him so much. I can't imagine what it would be like dealing with AU, Ross, etc., right now if Jason wasn't around. Does he have a paypal account?

DrLemonBurn
Three Rivers Resident

Post by DrLemonBurn » Oct 9th 2002, 5:52 pm

I'd love to give Jason a bonus for the work he's done (or even just for being a cool guy :) ), but for some reason I've always been hesitant regarding PayPal. Has anyone had any problems with it?
so says Sparx.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Oct 9th 2002, 6:06 pm

DrLemonBurn wrote:I'd love to give Jason a bonus for the work he's done (or even just for being a cool guy :) ), but for some reason I've always been hesitant regarding PayPal. Has anyone had any problems with it?
I use PayPal all the time and never have a problem. But, than again ive been ordering online for many many years and never had a major problem till AU and the MSCL set came along.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 9th 2002, 6:23 pm

Save your money.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 9th 2002, 7:02 pm

Will you accept our cyberlove in large denominations?

Uhhh, not the kind of cyberlove that makes your screen sticky either. Just big fluffy imaginary hugs full of gratitude.

:D

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 9th 2002, 7:17 pm

you kinda had me worried there for a minute.

candygirl wrote:Will you accept our cyberlove in large denominations?

Uhhh, not the kind of cyberlove that makes your screen sticky either. Just big fluffy imaginary hugs full of gratitude.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 9th 2002, 7:38 pm

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:you kinda had me worried there for a minute.

We're not THAT kind of website!!

somamoon
Three Rivers Resident

Post by somamoon » Oct 9th 2002, 8:37 pm

DrLemonBurn wrote:I'd love to give Jason a bonus for the work he's done (or even just for being a cool guy :) ), but for some reason I've always been hesitant regarding PayPal. Has anyone had any problems with it?
One recommendation: http://www.planetfeedback.com - look up PayPal in the "shared stories" area of the site.

As an eBay seller, I refuse to use Paypal. You can't withdraw money without signing up your credit card number AND your checking/savings account. I'm sorry, but I'm NOT going to give PayPal unlimited access to my bank accounts. I've read numerous stories about PayPal sucking bank accounts dry without authorization. Then when the user notified them of their mistake, PayPal locked the account and promised to "look into it." Of course they never would and ceased communication with the victim.

PayPal also has a policy that if someone PAYS with a fraudulent credit card, they lock the account of the person that RECEIVED the payment. Their claim is that the receiver is IN on the deal. Again, many sellers have lost thousands of unclaimed dollars to PayPal because of locked accounts.

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Oct 9th 2002, 9:11 pm

i can certainly understand why jason won't accept cash... he's trying to start a business not a charity (although i'm not sure what his wife's assessment would be after all of his donated time :D )

i get in big trouble with my wife when i stay at work extra, she tells me i'm not a charity to corporate america.

anyways, my offer to you jason is that if you ever step foot in the metro pittsburgh area, i'll buy you enough drinks to make you happy at my favorite place: http://www.churchbrew.com/

This is an old church that has been turned into an micobrewery... you get to feel closer to God and drunk all at the same time. Incidentally, I don't think God answers prayers related to the timely delivery of mscl dvd's, for as many times as I prayed this annoyance would be over we would have had them by now.