To open up an old wound

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
KC-at-bat
Frozen Embryo

To open up an old wound

Post by KC-at-bat » Oct 8th 2002, 1:34 pm

Okay, so I have been reading this forum for about 4 months now. I finally decided to purchase my copy on the supposed ship date, September 17. Luckily, I have not gone through the double-charge fiasco, nor have I really had anything of note happen except get a bit confused from post to post.

So, the reason I am writing is because I wanted to post a be all, end all to make sure I have pieced together information correctly from the numerous posts.

The only reason I am paying $115 vs $60 is because I want a lunch box and a bonus disc, neither of which really seem to be a certainty...? (Almost double the price seems like a bad idea for an uncertainty...)

As of October 8 (10:30 PST)--3 weeks after the promised delivery date, we still have no news of a delivery date.

Oh, and one more thing, my email is karenchang83 at hotmail.com, so could someone "share some love" with me? I think I am going to request a refund from AU and go with a more reputable company. Thanks

Fedup
Overlooked Sibling

Re: To open up an old wound

Post by Fedup » Oct 8th 2002, 2:31 pm

KC-at-bat wrote:Okay, so I have been reading this forum for about 4 months now. I finally decided to purchase my copy on the supposed ship date, September 17. Luckily, I have not gone through the double-charge fiasco, nor have I really had anything of note happen except get a bit confused from post to post.

So, the reason I am writing is because I wanted to post a be all, end all to make sure I have pieced together information correctly from the numerous posts.

The only reason I am paying $115 vs $60 is because I want a lunch box and a bonus disc, neither of which really seem to be a certainty...? (Almost double the price seems like a bad idea for an uncertainty...)

As of October 8 (10:30 PST)--3 weeks after the promised delivery date, we still have no news of a delivery date.

Oh, and one more thing, my email is karenchang83 at hotmail.com, so could someone "share some love" with me? I think I am going to request a refund from AU and go with a more reputable company. Thanks

You've pretty much hit it right on the nose. Although Ross posted yesterday that there would be some compensation for those who have been waiting for so long and have had so many problem. From another of his posts though, it seems this compensation would not take the form of credit, but maybe some additional merchandise, such as a t-shirt, a certificate of authenticity, a coupon to order something else from AU (well we do have some masochists on this board don't we?). Given that with all the coupons you can get from Amazon, the set comes out to $55, you'd be paying more than double for the set. Unforuntately I've already shared my love with others on this board, but I'm sure someone else will pass along the discount soon. Unless someone knows how to share the love after you've placed the order on Amazon?

episapia
Overlooked Sibling

Post by episapia » Oct 8th 2002, 6:40 pm

I'm in the same position. I waited months for an exact shipment date, then I placed my order when AU gave us sept. 17th. Luckily, I haven't had to make the payment and cancelled the order in time, so I don't have to wait for a refund. I am now happily awaiting my order from Amazon, a great company. :D

somamoon
Three Rivers Resident

Post by somamoon » Oct 9th 2002, 12:19 am

KC - just a FYI even though you said you're cancelling: only the first 2500 people got a lunchbox. Since you ordered in Sept (FAR after the 2500 limit), you would just get the DVD's and bonus disk.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Oct 9th 2002, 12:26 am

somamoon wrote:KC - just a FYI even though you said you're cancelling: only the first 2500 people got a lunchbox. Since you ordered in Sept (FAR after the 2500 limit), you would just get the DVD's and bonus disk.
Everyone now gets a lunchbox

somamoon
Three Rivers Resident

Post by somamoon » Oct 9th 2002, 12:49 am

Ahhh, ok. thanks.

Well so much for it being "exclusive" :roll:

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 9th 2002, 12:57 am

But hey you can show off that different colored handle and impress everyone!

"No really, the other people have a different color - I'm one of the cool kids, really I am!"

:roll:

Chase Cat
Three Rivers Resident

Another idea

Post by Chase Cat » Oct 9th 2002, 7:17 am

candygirl wrote:But hey you can show off that different colored handle and impress everyone!

"No really, the other people have a different color - I'm one of the cool kids, really I am!"

:roll:
Eventually you will get a sticker ("I' was a pre-orderer", "I survived AU" or sth.) on the lunchbox. You know such stickers, that are sticked at the front in the middle of the picture of the cast, as big as the whole picture... and you are unable to scratch it away. First: because the exclusive matter, second: those stickers are glued on it as heavy as a bomb could hit it and the only thing that would survive is... Yes, the sticker. :wink:

Enough about the sticker idea... Forget it.

Uh, oh... we will get a certificate of authenticity. When have you seen your snail-mail-confirmation the last time. Can you remember? The guys from AU really do know how to design such mails. It looked like my three year old sister has first worked with Word or something. So guess what they will do with the certificate... Yeah, they will design it INHOUSE!!!

jellybean
Jody Barsh

Post by jellybean » Oct 9th 2002, 7:52 am

If this set is being sold to Amazon etc. who in turn can sell it for far less, then I think there would be some room on the part of AU for a few sweeteners, preferably some actual product as opposed to coupons...

I think a nice MSCL T-shirt would certainly ease the hassle and at least reduce the bad memories people are bound to have over the whole issue.

But if it has to be a coupon, make it for something related to MSCL that we would get FREE (incl P&P) and NO stickers.

I really think that after all the hassle we went thru to get this far that we should be rewarded, I know that I will wait and see what AU will offer before I decide as to whether to cancel or not...