common sense business!

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Dreaming of Me
Nicky Driscoll

common sense business!

Post by Dreaming of Me » Oct 8th 2002, 11:16 am

here's how I see things happening. another universe is not going to offer a rebate to those people it screwed acording to Ross, so there will be a lot of cancelations. if they get stuck with lots of extra discs, they are going to have to put them on sale to compete with amazon and dvdemire.

so we should all cancel our orders and it will force them to lower their prices. then we can buy the lunchbox sets only when they are done and another universe is charging $50 bucks for the whole thing.

siandam
Jody Barsh

Re: common sense business!

Post by siandam » Oct 8th 2002, 12:31 pm

Dreaming of Me wrote:here's how I see things happening. another universe is not going to offer a rebate to those people it screwed acording to Ross, so there will be a lot of cancelations. if they get stuck with lots of extra discs, they are going to have to put them on sale to compete with amazon and dvdemire.

so we should all cancel our orders and it will force them to lower their prices. then we can buy the lunchbox sets only when they are done and another universe is charging $50 bucks for the whole thing.
As I see it, this is assuming a lot about Another Universe, Ross, and their business practices. Especially the "common sense" comment.

I wouldn't bet that they will lower their prices at any time or offer the bonus items in any other form other than with the entire set.

PLUS, there is the entire notion of getting a credit for the cancelled order, then having to re-order and hope that the credit card transaction will go through properly. As has been written about time and time again on this board, AU hasn't been prompt about correcting these problems.

So it's up to each individual person to decide what is important to them and what chances they are willing to take.