Sticking with AU, given that.....

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
william bloke
Nicky Driscoll

Sticking with AU, given that.....

Post by william bloke » Oct 7th 2002, 9:32 pm

WOW! What a fiasco.....and I thought Nov.8,2000 was chaos!

At the moment, I'm willing to stick with AU out of loyalty(although my allegiance might sway towards the "other" side if things deteriorate).

I'm rather new to the site and I personally don't know the people involved in this DVD project(Mr. Rosenfeld, Mr. Rojek.....etc.). However, by reading numerous posts in this forum, MSCL.com and Mr. Rosenfeld undoubtedly deserve some credit here and I think some compensation from the DVD sales at AU should go to both parties involved.

Sure, I could save what....35 bucks by going to Amazon, but it seems to me that this site and Mr. Rosenfeld has worked very hard to have the show released on the discs and this should not be ignored. If all parties involved were to be compensated, I really wouldn't mind paying the extra 35 clams. Because the way I see it, if I never stumbled on to this site, I would have never known about the DVDs.

Come-on folks! We're almost there(I think...).

To AU: You'd better hope that The Twins win the World Series in four....or else, I'm jumpin' ship out of anger!
"Really? Do you think she did? Really? You think she siliconed her lips? Really?"

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Re: Sticking with AU, given that.....

Post by Jason R » Oct 7th 2002, 9:43 pm

MSCL.com is not, and has never been, compensated for this project.

And I have stated repeatedly, I do not want ANYONE to base their purchase on me. I will be more upset if you buy solely for that reason than if you buy elsewhere. With your help, I've already been able to show the big studios that they should listen to people with different approaches. They actually call me now, and it wouldn't have happened without you.

AU may have dropped the ball more times than I can count, but if 4,000 people would order something from what has turned out to be an embarassing retailer, imagine how many would have bought from a decent one. The studios I've spoken with seem to realize this. One actually said that AU was "turning a silk purse into a sow's ear." While they may have ruined the business model for themselves, it is my sincerest hope that others will be able to follow with niche DVDs.

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Oct 7th 2002, 9:43 pm

I'm sticking with AU, as well.

:shock:
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

Lurker1999
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Lurker1999 » Oct 8th 2002, 12:33 am

I'm trapped with AU. If I were assured that I could get my money back I would cancel my order immediately. However, reading the post about one of the CSRs threatening to drop someone's cancelled order at the bottom of the refund stack has just made me more aware that it is a crooked company that we're dealing with. The only thing I can hope for is that they actually deliver for the grossly inflated price and that they realize they're dug themselves into a hole they could never possible crawl back out of.

If you want to talk niche product try Animeigo. They're slow but they don't charge you until they ship. And they make things right if something happens. Never again will I shop with AU. Ever. Never. Ever.

Ross Rojek
AnotherUniverse.com

Post by Ross Rojek » Oct 8th 2002, 12:36 am

Lurker1999 wrote:I'm trapped with AU. If I were assured that I could get my money back I would cancel my order immediately. However, reading the post about one of the CSRs threatening to drop someone's cancelled order at the bottom of the refund stack has just made me more aware that it is a crooked company that we're dealing with.
I'll make sure that doesn't happen. And Wade wasn't threatening, he was just letting someone know that it would be done in the order received. I've already talked to him about that.

So no you aren't trapped. Cancel, I'll make sure your credit is done and you can order from whomever you like.

william bloke
Nicky Driscoll

Post by william bloke » Oct 8th 2002, 2:12 am

No, it's not just about you Rosen.

After reading through many posts here, it seems like Mr. Rosenfeld had a "major hand" in the MSCL DVD project and MSCL.com being the ministry of propaganda for AU. Maybe I've been misinformed about certain details here?

Whatever the case, if my grasp of the situation is clear, then rewarding those responsible is more than just. Hey, if you want to cancel the AU order and fly with Amazon, that's up to the individual. But, in my opinion, hommage must be paid for those who are due.

Heck, the thing that boggles this noodle is.....How the hell did AU lose the exclusive distribution rights to such a product with a high demand? Where the hell did they go wrong? I thought you guys had this in the bag from the get-go.
"Really? Do you think she did? Really? You think she siliconed her lips? Really?"

hollis27
Liberty High Student

Post by hollis27 » Oct 8th 2002, 2:15 am

Jason said that BMG wanted to hook up Ventura with the rights, they had to get AU's OK in order to do so, and Ross OK'd it. Or something along those lines.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 8th 2002, 2:32 am

william bloke wrote:Heck, the thing that boggles this noodle is.....How the hell did AU lose the exclusive distribution rights to such a product with a high demand? Where the hell did they go wrong? I thought you guys had this in the bag from the get-go.
AU didn't "lose" the exclusive distribution rights - they approved it. The whole story is in one of these DVD threads.

MovieMac
Liberty High Student

Post by MovieMac » Oct 8th 2002, 4:25 am

Ross Rojek wrote: So no you aren't trapped. Cancel, I'll make sure your credit is done and you can order from whomever you like.
You don't expect anybody to believe this, do you?

I was overcharged about 7 weeks ago and guess what I wasn't yet refunded. I assume I'm the perfect example where a refund should have happened the smoothest way possible: I only reported once through the Drygrass form, with all the info needed etc. I didn't write any emails, not to Jason not to AU, so it's literally impossible that there are duplicated reports of my overcharge. I completed the form about one week after the charge, as soon as I learned about it, that's six weeks ago now and nothing happened. Except for two automated emails I received because somebody "accessed" my overcharge report.

So please stop making promises and DO what you need to do to clear things up. And don't tell us again things aren't that easy etc. etc. You said yourself that there only is a relatively small number of overcharges (I can't believe this, if I follow this board), so if you only refunded one per day I probably should have my refund by now.

Anyways, all that talking doesn't help at all. Surprise us with the refunds showing up on peoples accounts.

ps: I know that there actually are some customers who received their refund, so I know there is hope, but me and "many" others haven't, so please try not to f*** with our already huge patience anymore.

Thanks for reading. :roll:

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 8th 2002, 8:02 am

Ministry of propaganda? I originally supported them, when it appeared that they actually appeared like a competent company, but have you been reading my posts for the last 3 or 4 months?

And I am not saying it is about me, however when a customer says that they are not cancelling because they don't want to "hurt" me financially, I don't feel like they should put up with AU's bullshit because of me. As for how they lost the exclusive deal, let's just say that Ross's greed astounds me. It was a true example of being "penny wise and pound foolish." Hey Ross, aren't you glad that you saved $2 per DVD set? :roll: Don't mistake a monopoly with a loyal customer base.

Also, Rosen is not my name. Call me Jason or Jason Rosenfeld, but not Rosen. Ministry of Propaganda my ass. I am trying to share whatever I know so that you can make an educated decision.
william bloke wrote:No, it's not just about you Rosen.

After reading through many posts here, it seems like Mr. Rosenfeld had a "major hand" in the MSCL DVD project and MSCL.com being the ministry of propaganda for AU. Maybe I've been misinformed about certain details here?

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 8th 2002, 8:27 am

Maybe Wade was not threatening, but it does seem an awful lot like some last-minute sales pressure. Based on the hassles people have told me they've had from Mike, Wade, Buddy, and have I mentioned Thomas? I sort of believe that people are being given the runaround when cancelling orders.
Ross Rojek wrote:
Lurker1999 wrote:I'm trapped with AU. If I were assured that I could get my money back I would cancel my order immediately. However, reading the post about one of the CSRs threatening to drop someone's cancelled order at the bottom of the refund stack has just made me more aware that it is a crooked company that we're dealing with.
I'll make sure that doesn't happen. And Wade wasn't threatening, he was just letting someone know that it would be done in the order received. I've already talked to him about that.

So no you aren't trapped. Cancel, I'll make sure your credit is done and you can order from whomever you like.