Ross, you better decide quick...

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Ross, you better decide quick...

Post by andrewgd » Oct 5th 2002, 4:08 pm

You really need to post what us pre-orders are going to get back/extra very very very soon, or you will lose many many people to the Amazon.com deal.

So far you've only hinted at things, and that just doesn't cut it. No more "I'll let you know in a week."

At this point, I really think you need to match the price of that Amazon.com set, and refund us the difference. There is NO reason that we should be paying THAT MUCH MORE for a product that we've taken the time and sat through all the BULLSHIT that AU has put us through.

**Remember, without the pre-orders, you would have never gotten this project in the first place.** You should be thanking us, not screwing us up our asses, and pretending you don't know whats going on.

Granted, we're getting the lunchbox and the extra dvd, but this is HARDLY worth the price difference. And we should be getting a DEAL on this, BECAUSE we took the time to pre-order.

My idea on how you could fix this? $30. Cash. You go right ahead and put the bills in the lunchbox, wouldn't that be a treat? (And that doesn't include your "sorry" gift to those of us who you've double billed.)

At any rate, you need to tell us EXACTLY what we are getting out of having pre-ordered. No more pu***-footing around. We've already paid you, and you STILL haven't told us exactly what we've paid for. No more lies. I know you're hesitant to tell us because if we knew, we could decide for ourselves whether to order through Amazon.com or not.

Tell us now.

hollis27
Liberty High Student

Post by hollis27 » Oct 5th 2002, 6:06 pm

Well said. I would also like to know what exactly it is that I'm paying for, and if there will actually be some "I'm Sorry" extra that's worth anything. I'm giving AU a few more days to drop the price and tell us what we're actually going to get once and for all. If that doesn't happen, I'm going to have to go with Amazon.

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Oct 5th 2002, 7:48 pm

So you know, I just placed an order with Amazon.com, and I will be getting my whole set for $67.49. This is $22.49 less than what I paid for my 4-19 episode set. So, if I keep the Amazon order, I will be out the bonus disk, but I'll have two disks of the first 3 episodes, which I could sell, so its even. Except for the fact that its $22.49 less through Amazon. I don't think a lunchbox is worth that much.

Ross, if you can tell me what exactly it is I'm getting by staying with AnotherUniverse, and its worth my money, I'll cancel my Amazon.com order.

If not, well, you've just lost my order. You've got a time limit on things now. If you can "fix" things before everyone's Amazon.com order goes through, you've saved your sales. If not...just think how many cancelations you'll have to deal with.

I hope all the other readers preorder from Amazon.com. It doesn't cost you ONE CENT to place the preorder on Amazon.com, (THEY don't charge until they actually have the product shipped to you) and if they ship it, and you don't want it, its very simple to return and get your money back from them.

gizmodvdx
Nicky Driscoll

Post by gizmodvdx » Oct 5th 2002, 10:22 pm

Wha...you mean they dont CHARGE until they SHIP? Wow...if only AU did this...

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 6th 2002, 2:49 am

Well, that is how NORMAL sales occur. We are so jaded from our AU experience that we have forgotten that money and goods are supposed to be exchanged simultaneously, NOT seven months ahead of time (and I won't even get into the "accidental" double and triple charges, some of which still haven't been corrected).

With the exception of ebay, EVERYTHING that I have purchased on the internet worked just like ordering from a catalog - my card was charged when the merchandise left the warehouse. Crazy idea, eh?

brooklyn_bridge_4sale
Nicky Driscoll

JADDED?????????????????????????

Post by brooklyn_bridge_4sale » Oct 6th 2002, 3:00 am

Jaded is dealing with a company with 2 billion dollar debt.

Going to be good when Amazon falls soon. and all you cry babies are saying , wheres my order>>>?

candygirl wrote:Well, that is how NORMAL sales occur. We are so jaded from our AU experience that we have forgotten that money and goods are supposed to be exchanged simultaneously, NOT seven months ahead of time (and I won't even get into the "accidental" double and triple charges, some of which still haven't been corrected).

With the exception of ebay, EVERYTHING that I have purchased on the internet worked just like ordering from a catalog - my card was charged when the merchandise left the warehouse. Crazy idea, eh?

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Re: JADDED?????????????????????????

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 6th 2002, 3:15 am

brooklyn_bridge_4sale wrote:Jaded is dealing with a company with 2 billion dollar debt.

Going to be good when Amazon falls soon. and all you cry babies are saying , wheres my order>>>?
Well as long as Amazon doesn't fall before November 5, I don't give a rat's ass about their financial state.

As for all of us babies crying "where's my order?" that about covers EVERY SINGLE PERSON who ordered from AU seven months ago. Wow, it only took us seven months of lies and having our money stolen to become jaded.

rainydayjanes
Nicky Driscoll

Post by rainydayjanes » Oct 6th 2002, 3:25 pm

I'm willing to wait until Friday for some real answers (like a ship date or two, for crying out loud... although god only knows why I'd have any faith in its accuracy at this point) and a serious apology from Ross and/or AU. If, at that point, all we have still is promises of forthcoming answers and vague hints at something maybe being done to make this up to us... screw it. I'm going to go over to Amazon. Figure it out, and figure it out fast.

The only reservation I have at all at this point relates to the question of whether or not Jason will get screwed if people jump ship. I suppose that horse has really left the barn at this point, but it's not fair that Jason should suffer because of AU's crushing stupidity.

socalledfan
Angela's best friend

Post by socalledfan » Oct 7th 2002, 9:36 am

Someone at AU needs to study public relations. This whole Amazon low-price release is a disaster for AU. BMG, well they just suck royally and they screwed us by dealing with Amazon. But unfortunately, it's AU that's on the front line here with us fans.

First rule of p.r. for any company, when bad news hits the public...

BE UPFRONT AND PUT OUT A FORMAL STATEMENT ADDRESSING YOUR POSITION AND PLAN OF ACTION.

AU should post it here and on their site.

We should have a promise by now of partial refunds or something akin to that. In order to keep us from going to Amazon, these people need to get their butts in gear.

SCF
"You're sooo beautiful, it HURTS to look at you."

socalledfan
Angela's best friend

Post by socalledfan » Oct 7th 2002, 10:00 am

In reading some other posts, I note that Jason doesn't place any of the blame on BMG.

To be honest, I don't know enough about what went down to implicate BMG...in my assessment above I partially blamed them. Jason, feel free to correct me. Don't you blame them just a bit for making deals with other online DVD stores? I'm curious to hear your perspective.

Hope you're hanging in there, bud,

SCF

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 7th 2002, 10:05 am

I don't blame BMG at all. BMG looked to AU.com for approval of the deal and Ross approved it.

BMG does not deal directly with consumers, so it is not their responsibility to gauge "the mood" of the consumer.

BMG kept all of its promises to the fans. Additionally, BMG took a big chance on me by listening to a former employee who wouldn't let the idea be swept away. I hope that BMG realizes that there is value in listening to potential customers (and former employees who start their own businesses). Last I checked, MSCL was in the top 100 on Amazon.com.

Again, BMG did nothing without tacit approval from AU.

socalledfan
Angela's best friend

Post by socalledfan » Oct 7th 2002, 10:11 am

Oh. Well, thanks for the clarification. Let me pull at this a bit more... are you saying that AU knew ahead of time that BMG was making the DVD sets available for sale at other places (i.e. Amazon?)

(BTW, what time is happy hour for the "MSCL meltdown" regulars? First beer is on me... :wink: )

SCF

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 7th 2002, 10:13 am

Yes, I am saying this. However, they didn't believe me that:

1) it would list so soon
2) their competition would sell it so much below suggested list price.

socalledfan
Angela's best friend

Post by socalledfan » Oct 7th 2002, 10:17 am

Well, well, well. I should have known. Un-friggin-believable.

:?

There's nothing else to say, except, :roll: .

Like I said, hang in there bud.

SCF

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Oct 7th 2002, 10:55 am

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:
BMG does not deal directly with consumers, so it is not their responsibility to gauge "the mood" of the consumer.
Point well taken. However, I would think that BMG has at least a little bit of interest in what is going on at the end of the supply chain. Petroleum producers don't necessarily own the gas stations selling to consumers, but consumer preferences (e.g. hybrid versus convential engines) surely affect them.