Status of Your Order

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.

How long did it take AU to refund your overcharge or how long have you been waiting for a refund?

Refund received less than one week after contacting AU
3%
Refund received 2 weeks after contact
5%
Refund received 3 weeks after contact
2%
Refund received 4 weeks or more after contact
5%
Still waiting for refund (1 week and counting)
2%
Still waiting for refund (2 weeks and counting)
5%
Still waiting for refund (3 weeks and counting)
1%
Still waiting for refund (4 weeks or more)
42%
Still waiting to be billed the first time
3%
I was not overcharged
30%

Total votes: 91

JodyK
Nicky Driscoll

Post by JodyK » Oct 1st 2002, 7:05 pm

Believe me, I was furious when this happened. Especially since I found out it happened to other people a month before me, you'd think they would have had it straightened out by then.

Luckily, everyone was understanding. Plus I put other money in my account ASAP so the people I bounced checks to got their money quickly.

VerucaSalt
Tino

me too

Post by VerucaSalt » Oct 7th 2002, 11:17 pm

my mom whos email is velvet69@pacbell.net has not recieved the refund after the over charge either. Is somebody addressing this issue?

-thanks
adam

So-Called Loon
Angela's best friend

Re: I got my refund

Post by So-Called Loon » Oct 11th 2002, 5:29 am

JodyK wrote:I paid by my debit card--big mistake--so it ended up bouncing 3 checks, which my bank charged me an additional $75. ... my account was credited the $115 they charged me plus the $75.
I used a debit card. In July when my balance happened to be low, AU hit me with a $115 overcharge. Bank moved rather slowly in alerting me so by the time i got a handle on it my overdraft fees were $65. :shock:

On top of that, i still haven't been credited my $115 by bloody AU after 3 months :!:
Been a member since sometime BR (before Ross)

phelix
Yearbook Team

Re: I got my refund

Post by phelix » Oct 11th 2002, 1:22 pm

So-Called Loon wrote:
JodyK wrote:I paid by my debit card--big mistake--so it ended up bouncing 3 checks, which my bank charged me an additional $75. ... my account was credited the $115 they charged me plus the $75.
I used a debit card. In July when my balance happened to be low, AU hit me with a $115 overcharge. Bank moved rather slowly in alerting me so by the time i got a handle on it my overdraft fees were $65. :shock:

On top of that, i still haven't been credited my $115 by bloody AU after 3 months :!:
You can dispute charges with debit cards just like credit cards, but it's a more involved process. I have a debit card, and I had to sign and notarize a affidavit to dispute my doublecharge. Unfortunately, my bank has told me flat-out that they won't refund my original payments back in April (there's a 60 day limit on this stuff) :cry:

kate
Tino

re: poll

Post by kate » Oct 14th 2002, 7:07 pm

i was triple charged (not once but twice for being overcharged). i didn't notice the first extra billing for a month when i was charged for the third time. so i sent the email form in.. nothing happened after a week. so i call them and they really couldn't do anything for me and the guy told me he coudln't talk to accounting or something but he'd put me on the list or some crap. i got tired of waiting and sent in my forms to my credit card company. that took about 3 weeks to clear up. i don't believe AU had anything to do with my credit and if i had not contacted my CC company I think it would be possible that I would get no money back. :x
so in other words... i can't fill out the poll 'cause my credit card company took care of it, not AU.
I'm still also wondering what the release date is, have i missed it?

kate
Tino

re:

Post by kate » Oct 16th 2002, 1:27 am

nevermind what i said in that last post, i figured it all out... somewhat.