non-payment rumor follow-up

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Bitterman
Liberty High Student

Post by Bitterman » Oct 13th 2002, 8:44 am

"Ross saved $2 per box set by allowing other retailers like Amazon to sell the DVDs, and he approved the deal."

He did WHAT???

So after we were told this was an EXCLUSIVE project, and that we could ONLY get these discs though AU, AU themselves knowingly chose to make the deal NON-exclusive? And yet continued to advertise it as exclusive?

For chrissake, someone in the USA speak to a lawyer about this. This whole deal smells so bad of illegal dealings!

And what a total rip-off! All to save TWO DOLLARS!

mephisto
Angela's best friend

Post by mephisto » Oct 13th 2002, 11:14 am

Bitterman wrote:So after we were told this was an EXCLUSIVE project, and that we could ONLY get these discs though AU, AU themselves knowingly chose to make the deal NON-exclusive?
yes - either they're dumb or the need money desperately
And yet continued to advertise it as exclusive?
nope, not anymore

they're just saying that the lunchbox and bonus-dvd are exclusive --> so they are the exclusive retailer for the “My So Called Life” DVD Collector's Edition Set.

amazon and other retailers only have the normal DVD set.

at least that's how it would play out if AU would deliver the DVDs, the lunchbox and the bonus disc...

Cate
Liberty High Student

Re: Ross Rojek interviews

Post by Cate » Oct 13th 2002, 7:42 pm

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:As you can see, ross actually sounds like a real CEO in some of those interviews. I can only imagine what kind of mental decline he has been through in the last 12 months. It is at the point where every email I get spouts more bullshit. What he writes to me is in absolute conflict with what he writes to others.
"Mental decline"

give me a ****ing break

:roll: :roll: :roll:

This is getting just too damn sad.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Re: Ross Rojek interviews

Post by Jason R » Oct 13th 2002, 8:34 pm

I don't know what term to use. Perhaps there was no decline. Maybe I just bought into what he was saying. Sorry if that is a bad description. However, why does he tell me something that totally contradicts what he tells someone else?