Ripoff - don't be fooled

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Re: URGENT

Post by Jason R » Jul 11th 2002, 7:26 am

No black helicopters were involved in the incident last night. I was not wearing a tinfoil hat. I cannot divulge who the person was, but I would imagine that by today, "Clyde" will have found a new use for his idle lawyer.
Nostradamus wrote:Interesting... but what does it all mean? Jason says he's heading off a subversive attempt at panic, but his hints make me more nervous than anything "Clyde" may have lied about. I understand the legal need for confidentiality, but the cloak and dagger stuff is very confusing... at this rate, the Freemasons and Illuminati will be sending agents! Still, given the frequency of Jason's posts and the nature of his work, I can certainly understand a bit of paranoia on his part. Is the DVD business really that cut-throat? Oh, well, if anyone can see this thing through to the end, Mr. Rosenfeld's our man 8)

danguyf
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by danguyf » Jul 11th 2002, 7:37 am

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:I will ask the other MSCL.com members with access to the IP logs to verify what I am saying, but please do not identify the source of the post.
I can confirm that "clyde" and "guest" were from the same IP, and that it can be traced back as Jason has done. Sascha has also confirmed this from the server logs.

mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Project MSCL.COM's Current Activities

Post by mglenn » Jul 11th 2002, 9:19 am

Just dropping in to state that I have started the ball rolling to make sure that we, at Project MSCL.COM, can be of assistance in providing any information that is requested by legal councel concerning this matter. We do not give out this information to anyone and will not release it without a proper legal request.
"When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit." - Ayn Rand

mephisto
Angela's best friend

Post by mephisto » Jul 11th 2002, 9:28 am

Jason Rosenfeld wrote: 2) For legal reasons, I cannot say what the IP address is. However, I will only say that the IP address allowed me to identify a specific individual at a particular company, and I am very curious as to why this individual would want to blind-side the project and AU.com in such a harmful manner.
as soon as you can tell us who/what company that was: please do so. That *might* affect future shopping habits :wink:

socalledfan
Angela's best friend

I'm with candygirl!

Post by socalledfan » Jul 11th 2002, 9:28 am

Jason, do you practice meditation in your spare time?

You have exhibited patience, fairness, and kindness in your replies to these constant complaints.

Chant with me now: "Om...om....om." 8)

Hats off to you,

Socalledfan
"You're sooo beautiful, it HURTS to look at you."

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Re: I'm with candygirl!

Post by Jason R » Jul 11th 2002, 9:49 am

One word: Beer. :P

Just kidding.
socalledfan wrote:Jason, do you practice meditation in your spare time?

You have exhibited patience, fairness, and kindness in your replies to these constant complaints.

Chant with me now: "Om...om....om." 8)

Hats off to you,

Socalledfan

socalledfan
Angela's best friend

Aha....

Post by socalledfan » Jul 11th 2002, 10:13 am

Aha, yes, I figured there had to be some coping mechanism for you. :lol:

What is your poison? I'll meet you at happy hour. It's on me!

:wink:
"You're sooo beautiful, it HURTS to look at you."

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

BUSTED!!!!!

Post by K-man » Jul 11th 2002, 4:07 pm

Hey Clyde, aka Guest, aka StupidAss!!!! How dare you!!! How dare you try and torpedo this project/DVD/website/comminuty of Lifers. You are one pathetic soul!!!!! I'm not sure what your agenda is but two things are clear. One....you are pretty dim using the same IP address for your defamatory antics and two....Jason and crew are sure to punk your sorry ass out...SOON!!!!! I lived in Phoenix (if that is in fact where you are) and worked in Tempe and I know my way around the Valley. I CAN find you! I have plenty of friends out there and I can pick up the phone and have you pummeled! I can have your shorts filled with scorpions and then drag you naked through a patch of Sajuaro Cacti!!!!!! You are a miserable soul! Nice work Jason, danguyF, and Mike! Let 'em have it!!!!!
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Re: Aha....

Post by Jason R » Jul 11th 2002, 4:17 pm

Boddington's Ale :D

However, since I went to sleep at 4am last night, my drug of choice today is Starbucks Iced Venti Americano.
socalledfan wrote:Aha, yes, I figured there had to be some coping mechanism for you. :lol:

What is your poison? I'll meet you at happy hour. It's on me!

kenickie
Three Rivers Resident

Jason we love you, Jason we do....

Post by kenickie » Jul 11th 2002, 5:41 pm

I haven't been on the site for a while... been getting a proper p.c. instead of using my pooey t.v. web thingy, and I have to say that I am shocked and AMAZED by what has been going on.
Some may recall me being quite vocal over all this "I don't trust you guys" stuff once before, but I feel the need to say it again. Anyone who doesn't a) like the way things are being done or b) trust AU or Jason - I have a question for you.

WHY THE HELL ARE YOU ORDERING A COPY OF THE DVD? :twisted:

We all knew from the start that things would be a little bumpy and testing - this was just something we had to put up with. WE ALL KNEW THAT.

Jason has worked bloody hard for all of us, and he has been more than helpful going right out of his way to help make this as confortable as possible. We knew things may go wrong.

And as for people mailing stuff here when they don't appear to have really placed an order - I find that just plain disturbing.

Anyhoo, I'm going on a bit now. Something I feel very strongly about.

JASON - I SALUTE YOU SIR. :D
Let's make the memories that dreamers only claim,
But it's hard, when the world knows your name.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jul 11th 2002, 6:07 pm

I nominate kenickie for membership in the club too.

Mong Face

I'm In Heaven, I Have Been Told

Post by Mong Face » Jul 11th 2002, 11:23 pm

Kenickie.

What a fantastic band they were.

I hope your username was influenced by said band.

:D

mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

On the Beer

Post by mglenn » Jul 12th 2002, 10:35 am

Just a reminder Jason, I believe I told you about a year ago when this whole thing started that if you got the DVD's out you'd have folks buyin you that fine malted barley and hoppes! :lol:
"When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit." - Ayn Rand

Ross Rojek
AnotherUniverse.com

Post by Ross Rojek » Jul 12th 2002, 11:10 am

When this thing finally ships, I'm going to find a nice, friendly 24 hour bar and not leave for 2 days.

The shirts got delivered yesterday and look good. All of them will be shipping today, so those close to CA should be seeing them by beginning of next week. We'll also have a alternate (read cheaper) shipping schedule for the overseas MSCL fans once we can check the packaging weight and check USPO rates.

We really don't want to have problems with this. Realize that when there is a problem, we have more work to do, not less. So we'd like to have less problems, not more.

kenickie
Three Rivers Resident

Re: I'm In Heaven, I Have Been Told - WHO TOLD YA?

Post by kenickie » Jul 15th 2002, 7:15 pm

Mong Face wrote:Kenickie.

What a fantastic band they were.

I hope your username was influenced by said band.

:D
It certainly was. One of my fave bands of all time (the other of which being dubstar - both now sadly split)...

"I'm too young to feel this old"
Let's make the memories that dreamers only claim,
But it's hard, when the world knows your name.