print this page

Fanfiction

The Interactive FanFiction Story

One of the longest-running fanfiction stories on the 'net.

Chapter 30: Raised E yebrows

jump to chapter | jump to review | jump to next chapter | go back to main story outline

expand

The story so far

Chapter 30: Raised E yebrows

written by Huie

added on: 19 Oct 2004 - based on characters created by Winnie Holzman

Cut to-

Tutoring.

Jordan seemed a little happier throughout the session. It is now over, and he has already left- with a little more bounce in his step. Brian is packing up very slowly. He keeps making side glances at the honey-haired girl. She is talking to another girl. He finishes packing, takes one more glance at the girl, deeply sighs, and moves towards the door to leave.

Voice- Wait! Brian... Brain Krakow!

Brian turns around slowly in shock.

Brian- Um... how did, um... you know my ah, my name?

Girl- Um... (Laughs to herself) it's written on your marker package.

Brian- Oh... hmmm...

Brian-VO- Great first impression. How 4th grade of me to write my name on my markers. Typical.

Girl- Well, here they are... you know, your markers.

She holds out Brian's marker package.

Brian- Thanks.

He takes them from her.

Girl- No problem.

Brian-VO- Okay, this isn't Angela. You're finally thinking about *someone* other than Angela. So... don't screw this up.

The girl begins to walk away.

Brian- Wait.

Girl- (turns to face him) Yeah?

Brian- Since you know my name, I think I should know yours. You know, just incase any of my markers are missing... or something.

Girl- (Laughs a little) I'm Samanth- well, I'm Sam.

Brian- Are you new here?

Brian-VO- Krakow is carrying on a conversation? What the hell? Okay... stop referring to yourself in third person.

Sam- Actually... yes. I moved here from TN.

They begin to walk to the door.

Brian- You're not one of those country types... are you?

Sam- I love anything country- music, dancing, food- everything. If *that is* what you're asking.

Brian- (laughs) Cowboy boots and all?

Sam- (Southern Accent) It ain't country without them cowboy boots!

They laugh and walk down the hallway together- both are obviously comfortable and happy.

Cut to- That night at... LOUIE'S!!!!

Jordan and Jess are at their usual table. Jordan's mood has made a 180. He is "Happy- Drunk". He abruptly throws his hands up in the air.

Jordan- We had communication!

He smiles at Jess, and throws his head back.

Jess- That's (Sarcastic) great.

Jordan- (Arms fall down, but his head remains back) Hmm?

Jess- Nothing. (Changing the subject) You still coming next Friday?

Jordan- (Head rolls back- he rubs his eye) Do I *have* to?

Jess- Jordan... the least you can do is show up at a dance with me- I mean... (Fake cries) think of all the stuff that you have put me through?

Jordan- (Under his breath) It's not like I made you...

Jess- (Teary eyed) I *can't* believe you.

Jordan- (sort of rolls his eyes) Look- I'm going, okay. Just- just don't cry or anything.

Jess- Okay. (Recovers) So... any ladies tonight?

Jordan- Jess... you *know* I haven't been with anyone for weeks- (looks away) It's just screwing me up even more.

Jess- (Interested) How come?

Jordan- Because... (Chugs some beer) because... I can't believe I'm going to tell you this.

Jess- Don't worry, you probably won't even remember saying it in the morning.

Jordan- When I'm having sex with them... I like... imagine it's-

Jess- (Monotone) Angela?

Jordan- Yeah.

Jess rolls her eyes.

Jordan- And like... I *really* think I'm with her, but then, I open my eyes, and it's not her. It's like good for the first few minutes, but once I come back to reality, I remember that my life still sucks, and that I still don't have her. Overall (Rubs eye again), sex just makes me even more depressed.

Jess- (Shrugs) Maybe you're just not having sex with the right person?

Jordan- Yeah... *Angela* is the right person.

Jess- No. Like, *maybe* you just need to know the person. Maybe you need to have sex with a friend, rather than a stranger.

Long silence. Jordan looks like he is thinking. Jess looks hopeful.

Jordan- (breaking the long silence) I really don't have any friends that are girls.

Jess raises an eyebrow at him.

jump to chapter beginning | jump to review | go back to main story outline

Next Chapter

expand

Add your own next chapter

Reviews for this chapter

Waiting for 10 votes before displaying rating information.

No reviews so far for this chapter.

expand

Add your review

expand

Report this chapter to the admins


“Ignore her. She got up on the wrong side of the coffin this morning.”

Enrique (Rickie) Vasquez, Episode 9: "Halloween"