print this page

Fanfiction

The Interactive FanFiction Story

One of the longest-running fanfiction stories on the 'net.

Chapter 23: Striving for Constancy

jump to chapter | jump to review | jump to next chapter | go back to main story outline

expand

The story so far

Chapter 23: Striving for Constancy

written by anon

added on: 10 Nov 1999 - based on characters created by Winnie Holzman

Jordan walks up to Angela

Jordan (trying to act casual): So what's up with you and Brian?
Angela (looking down): I made a mistake, I thought he could replace you but I'm afraid I'm wrong.
Jordan: Angela...
Angela:Jordan...

She finally looks up at him, tears and love in her eyes.

Jordan: You have to make the move.
Angela: What?
Jordan: You have to decide, you have to close all other doors if you want to be with me.
Angela: Can't we just run away? (smiling)
He smiles back and slowly walks away. Angela knows what she must do.

Later after school, she sees Brian on the steps to the school. She hesitates for a moment, carrying on a silent dialogue with herself.

VO: I feel so bad about Brian, he's been waiting so long for me, and now I'm going to go tell him that it's like over. If I want Jordan, I have to do this. And what am I losing? I know Brian and I are not a good match. We're like from different worlds. I just wish I wouldn't have to hurt him.

She realizes it's not going to get any easier if she waits and moves towards Brian.

Brian: Hey, I've been waiting for you!
He rushes to her and goes to kiss her cheek.
Angela (looking sheepish): Brian...
Brian VO: No, she can't, I've heard that tone before.
Angela: Brian, I have something I need to say.
Brian VO: I can't look at her. Somehow I knew this was a dream.
Angela: I never meant to hurt you.
Brian VO: Of course she didn't. She never does.
Angela: I've been thinking and we...we're not right for eachother Brian.
Brian VO: Oh Angela, why????
Angela VO: He's not saying anything, I wish he would just say something.
Brian VO: Maybe she's right. We've been friends forever. I don't want to lose that.
Brian: Yeah, I guess you're right. It's just not easy you know.
Angela: I know, I'm sorry Brian. You mean alot to me as a friend and we've had a lot of special times. Listen I gotta go, but I want to be upfront with you. I really like Jordan and he wants to get back together.
Brian: That's good, Angela. Promise me you'll be careful, okay.
Angela: Yeah, I will.

They turn away from eachother and Angela begins walking away. She smiles knowng that Brian is a good friend and he cares. She feels so much of her confusion has been settled and feels completely peaceful as she sees Jordan leaning against his car waiting for her.

Brian watches her for a moment and then looks back at the school. He sits under a tree, and begins reading a book, when somebody walks up and sits down next to him...

jump to chapter beginning | jump to review | go back to main story outline

Next Chapter

There's no next chapter yet. Why not add one yourself?

expand

Add your own next chapter

Reviews for this chapter

Waiting for 10 votes before displaying rating information.

No reviews so far for this chapter.

expand

Add your review

expand

Report this chapter to the admins


“Lately, I can't even look at my mother without wanting to stab her repeatedly.”

Angela Chase, Episode 1: "My So-Called Life (Pilot)"