print this page

Fanfiction

The Interactive FanFiction Story

One of the longest-running fanfiction stories on the 'net.

Chapter 9: Sometimes Things Just Hurt Too Much.

jump to chapter | jump to review | jump to next chapter | go back to main story outline

Chapter 9: Sometimes Things Just Hurt Too Much.

written by Jubilee Gold

added on: 10 Nov 1999 - based on characters created by Winnie Holzman

(Jordan and Angela are sitting in a dim room, could be a basement)
Angela: So, did your dad, like, always take stuff out on you?
Jordan: I guess. (pause) When I was 7, he came home really drunk and pissed off about losing some bet with his buddies. My mom had left because she didn't want to be around when he got back.
Angela: Oh my God, you were all alone?
Jordan: Yeah. It wasn't the first time. But anyway, he was really mad and he smelled like whiskey. I was there, so he....
Angela: What?
Jordan: (quietly) He threw me across the room.
(there is a silence)
Angela: You know, I would never hurt you.
Jordan: Yeah. But it's like there's supposed to be a bond. Like between a father and a son.
Angela: He cares about you.
Jordan: I wish I could believe you. I really do. (at this point he is near tears)
Angela: VO-Seeing him this way, it, like, breaks me. I want him to know how much I love him. I just want to take the pain away.
Jordan: I wish that I'd known you longer.
Angela: VO- Hearing him say that was the most amazing thing. I was helping him. Having a real impact.
Jordan: I'm so tired.
Angela: Here.
(he is laying on the couch and she lays his head on her lap)
Jordan: I could fall asleep right now. It's like I feel so safe with you.
Angela: VO-I want to cry. This is the most tragically beautiful thing that I have ever experienced. Jordan and I are so close as human beings. It's as if our spirits have karmically intertwined.

jump to chapter beginning | jump to review | go back to main story outline

Next Chapter

You have 2 choices: What should happen next?
  1. They will both fall asleep, leading Angela to get into major trouble with her parents.:
    Chapter 10: The Long Night by annie (10 Nov 1999)
    16 more subchapters.
  2. Angela will remind Jordan of her curfew, and he will return her home.:
    Chapter 10: Angela and Jordan happy together!!! by LuvMSCLJordan (26 Mar 2000)
    4 more subchapters.
expand

Add your own next chapter

Reviews for this chapter

Waiting for 10 votes before displaying rating information.

No reviews so far for this chapter.

expand

Add your review

expand

Report this chapter to the admins


“Lately, I can't even look at my mother without wanting to stab her repeatedly.”

Angela Chase, Episode 1: "My So-Called Life (Pilot)"