print this page

Fanfiction

The Interactive FanFiction Story

One of the longest-running fanfiction stories on the 'net.

Chapter 9: that wallpaper keeps walkin' by.

jump to chapter | jump to review | jump to next chapter | go back to main story outline

Chapter 9: that wallpaper keeps walkin' by.

written by ?

added on: 10 Nov 1999 - based on characters created by Winnie Holzman

Angela stops in her tracks. For some reason she is embarrassed, as if she doubts the security of his feelings. She lifts her hand to her forehead, as if she could hide, and walks diagonally across them, diverting her intended direction. But because she was already in motion, she is too close for Brian not to see that she is there. Angela kind of lifts her hand to wave, as she moves past Delia's back, kind of smiles and raises her eyes in a silent hello. She pretends to be using her locker.

Brian (doing his Brian stare)watches her, enrapt.

Delia: Brian? Hello? I said 'yes'.

Brian: (attention back)Yes? what? oh ... oh, right,
yeah.(silence) Actually, I was thinking of this great film, it's called 'The Bicycle Thief'. It's showing again at this little film-house near Pike Street.(rambles on about the film) VO: I like her, I really do. I mean me asking her, has like, absolutely nothing to do with Angela Chase. And the fact that I suggested 'Bicycle Thief', was like coincidence. I mean, I have no ulterior motive. just because *she's* nearby is not why I said it. God, who I am I kidding. God, I didn't even have the decency to destroy a different person. God. Even I hate me.

(drops his voice embarrassed at what he is doing) so,yeah, uh, maybe we can like, uh,um, invite Rickie and uh, Sharon. I mean, because, you know, we're all friends now, right? I, uh, (snatches a glance at Angela) I mean. Isn't it great we can all go out together now, that, uh, we're all, uh, friends.

Delia: (confused, and caught off guard)oh, okay. I guess so. I kind of thought, that you, you were, uh asking me out?

Brian: oh, yeah, I guess we can go, you know, just the two of us, you know, as *friends*. Now that you, uh, don't hate me. 'cause, you know, I was sorry then, and you know, I still am. I mean, I never did really apologise *properly*. I mean, I was pretty lame. I always thought we'd be good *friends*. I think I really ruined what could of been a good *friendship*. so in conclusion, yeah it could be really good, you know two *friends* seeing a movie.

Delia: *okay*, I got it! We're *friends* seeing a movie.

Brian: well, great. I'll see you this friday?(she nods)

Delia leaves for a class, and Brian is standing in the corridor, looking at Ms. Chase.

jump to chapter beginning | jump to review | go back to main story outline

Next Chapter

You have 2 choices: What should happen next?
  1. Angela leaves thinking that Brian and Delia are *together*:
    Chapter 10: Realisations by Joie (19 Jan 2001)
    no more subchapters.
  2. Brian knocks on Angela's locker.:
    Chapter 10: confrontations by ? (10 Nov 1999)
    3 more subchapters.
expand

Add your own next chapter

Reviews for this chapter

Waiting for 10 votes before displaying rating information.

No reviews so far for this chapter.

expand

Add your review

expand

Report this chapter to the admins


“Lately, I can't even look at my mother without wanting to stab her repeatedly.”

Angela Chase, Episode 1: "My So-Called Life (Pilot)"