Once and Again

Discuss the ABC series "Once and Again" (1999-2002) in this forum. The TV drama lasted for three seasons and 63 episodes.
plummy
Frozen Embryo

Once and Again

Post by plummy » Jan 22nd 2001, 6:19 pm

Is anyone else watching Once and Again? It is made by the same mastermind team behind MSCL (Zwick, Herskovitz, Holzman - spelling?). It doesn't compare to MSCL, but it's still a very good show. I just started watching it this season and, like MSCL, I find it deep and intriguing. I recommend it.

oldguy
Substitute Teacher

Re: Once and Again

Post by oldguy » Feb 13th 2001, 3:06 am

Hi --- I like "Once and Again" too.

I used to come to this web site more often but I got burned out. But I agree with you ---- Once and Again is great.

Brooklyn
Tino

Post by Brooklyn » Mar 12th 2002, 1:57 am

Speaking of this show, it was in tonight, 3/11/02, and I thought it was great, but no where near MSCL standards. I have only seen this show about 3 or 4 times, but I have always seen subtle parallels to MSCL in it. In tonight's episode, there is a teacher named Mr. Demetri. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think there was a teacher named Mr. Demetri at Liberty High?

Lauria
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Lauria » Mar 12th 2002, 12:44 pm

I think Mr. Demetri (pretty sure about this)was the Spanish teacher that covered Angela's English class for a while after Miss Mayhew quit... he's the one that read from Kafka's Metemorphosis in the Zit.

Hope Springs Eternal

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Mar 15th 2002, 1:03 am

Yes, Dmitri is the Spanish teacher.

Also - and I've never seen these episodes myself - but the two Devons of MSCL have both guested on Once and Again at some point.

- jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com/

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Apr 23rd 2002, 8:54 am

Did anyone catch the final episode of this series last Mon.? I watched the very end and it was pretty good. It was nice how they interviewed the cast following the wrap. It was also nice to hear/see "And dance by the light of the moon" again. Just an FYI, there is a story on Yahoo news this morning saying that ABC may be ordering up another (4th) season of the show. According to the article, it seems ABC exec's. aren't too pleased with the new pilots for Fall '02 and they have notified Herskowitz/Zwick to "not tear down the sets" and keep the cast available. Stay tuned for that one.

So my feeling is, whatever happens, happens. K-man

RyeBlume
Three Rivers Resident

Post by RyeBlume » Apr 23rd 2002, 4:22 pm

Hurray! I really really hope they don't cancel it. I saw the last episode, and it was really cool the way they interviewed the cast afterwards in black and white mode... in the same way that they showed their inner thoughts during the show. The guy who plays Eli almost started crying. Why is it always the good shows that die young?

chaseface888
Tino

Post by chaseface888 » Aug 14th 2003, 12:20 am

Cuz people are too stupid to watch good TV
Ethel the Pirate's Daughter

Hunee
Between Names

Post by Hunee » Oct 22nd 2003, 10:20 am

I liked that show too!!!
so make the best of this test, and dont ask why
its not a question, but a lesson learned in time its something unpredictable, but in the end is right i hope you had the time of your life