Once and Again

Discuss the ABC series "Once and Again" (1999-2002) in this forum. The TV drama lasted for three seasons and 63 episodes.
Sammi
Substitute Teacher

Post by Sammi » May 15th 2004, 11:45 pm

Hopes this works. I am dying to get this on DVD.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » May 16th 2004, 2:47 am

Sammi wrote:Hopes this works. I am dying to get this on DVD.
Ditto. Doesn't Amazon send the info to the companies so that they can gauge the interest on an item? I remember hearing that, but I don't know how much stock to put into it.

I hope so :) I must get the remaining seasons!!!

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Feb 10th 2005, 5:43 am

OAA meets OC:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=s ... sion_oc_dc

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Billy Campbell and Johnny Messner have landed multiepisode arcs on Fox's teen soap "The O.C.," beginning with the March 3 episode.

Campbell will play Carter, who arrives in Newport Beach to work with Kirsten (Kelly Rowan) on a new business venture. Messner will play Lance, an opportunist blast from Julie Cooper's (Melinda Clarke (news)) past.

Campbell earned a Golden Globe nomination for his starring role on ABC's critically acclaimed drama "Once and Again."

Messner was most recently seen in "Anacondas: The Hunt for the Blood Orchid."

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 16th 2005, 8:15 pm

Info from tvshowsondvd:
Wow, first The Mary Tyler Moore Show, and now this! Once and Again - just like Mary - was a show that was released to DVD in the last part of 2002, in a "Season 1" set release, but was never heard from again...until now, that is! It's been days since Mary's 2nd season was announced, and now we have immensely great news for the fans of the show starring Sela Ward (Sisters) and Bill Campbell (Dynasty).

Once and Again - The Complete 1st Season was released to DVD back in November 2002, at a $79.99 list price. Wow, that's some price, eh? Since then the title has been marked down to a $59.99 SRP, and is easy enough to order online, even if it's rare to spot a copy sitting on store shelves in your local area.

According to mega-eTailer Amazon.com, though, August 23rd will see a re-release / re-promote of the first season, though, which is listed separately from the old release listing there, and at the better price of $41.99 (if you act now, anyway). We presume you won't get this until August, even though Amazon shows they have stock right now of the original release version - but at a higher $53.99 sellling price.

But's that's just the whip cream on this sweet dessert! The REAL NEWS is that Amazon is ALSO listing Once & Again - The Complete 2nd Season for release on the same date (August 23rd)! It also carries the $59.99 list price, and Amazon's $41.99 pre-order discounted price.

For fans like me, who immensely enjoyed the first season release and have desperately been waiting for more, this is like a dream come true! A great big pat on the back goes to Buena Vista for making this move (though one can't help but wonder if Bill Campbell's recent appearances on The O.C. didn't have a teeny bit to do with it).

Please bear in mind, though, that the only word we have on this is from Amazon, and Buena Vista has not formally announced this yet. Stay tuned, though, and when we hear from the Mouse House we'll let you know what they say!
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Apr 19th 2005, 2:07 am

This is GREAT news. I am not 100% on this yet since Amazon has been known to jump the gun before, but I am extremely hopeful. I can not wait... I hope this pans out. :D :D :D

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Apr 19th 2005, 5:06 am

Wonderful. The show finally started airing again in Germany this month (after it was cancelled four years ago after just 13 episodes) and now DVD news. Hopefully there'll be some extras and also a release of the third season...

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 29th 2005, 3:19 pm

tvshowsondvd has posted the official press release for the S2 DVD!
Emmy Award Winner Sela Ward and Bill Campbell Star In
ONCE AND AGAIN
SEASON TWO

BURBANK, Calif., April 26, 2005 - Buena Vista Home Entertainment presents ONCE AND AGAIN Season 2, on DVD August 23. From Edward Zwick and Marshall Herskovitz, the creators of the acclaimed TV series "thirtysomething" and "My So-Called Life," ONCE AND AGAIN stars Golden Globe and Emmy Award winner Sela Ward ("The Day After Tomorrow") and Bill Campbell ("Enough," TV's "The O.C.") in the acclaimed drama series that follows the relationship of a divorced dad (Campbell) and a separated mother (Ward), and their ties to their extended families. Season 2 features the unforgettable proposal and marriage between the two stars and includes all 22 episodes from the show's second season in a 5-Disc DVD box set. Also included is episode commentary with creators Edward Zwick and Marshall Herskovitz.

Sela Ward won the 2002 Golden Globe Award for Best Actress and the 2000 Emmy Award for Best Actress for her performance in ONCE AND AGAIN. The series also earned four Golden Globe nominations and four Emmy nominations.

Also available on DVD: ONCE AND AGAIN SEASON 1.

STREET DATE: August 23, 2005
Suggested retail price: $59.99 (5-disc DVD)
DVD aspect ratio: 1.33:1, formatted 4x3
DVD Sound: Dolby Digital Stereo Sound

In ONCE AND AGAIN, a divorced man (Bill Campbell) and a soon-to-be-divorced woman (Sela Ward) struggle with their relationship as they balance the needs of their kids and their careers. They face many challenges that push them to the limit, both as a couple and as individuals - parenting, divorce, infidelity, financial hardship, and even death. But they continue to move forward with a life together, while they try to maintain a semblance of normalcy in the lives of their conjoined families. ONCE AND AGAIN uniquely lets the viewer into the characters' minds through brief "interviews" mixed through the show's episodes.

Buena Vista Home Entertainment, an industry leader, is committed to showcasing great television on DVD. BVHE has responded to consumer demand by providing an ever-increasing amount of quality television entertainment in the collectible DVD format. BVHE's superbly mastered DVD box sets include "Alias," "The Golden Girls," "Home Improvement," "Felicity," "Popular," "Boy Meets World," "Sports Night," "Once And Again," and "Sweet Valley High." Upcoming box sets include the blockbuster series "Lost," "Desperate Housewives," the unique comedy "Scrubs," "Tilt," and more.

Buena Vista Home Entertainment, Inc. is a recognized industry leader. Buena Vista Home Entertainment, Inc. is the marketing, sales and distribution company for Walt Disney, Touchstone, Hollywood Pictures, Miramax, Dimension and Buena Vista videocassettes and DVDs.

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Apr 29th 2005, 3:29 pm

Also included is episode commentary with creators Edward Zwick and Marshall Herskovitz.

Whooohoo, the first Bedford Falls Episode Audio Commentary ever! :-) Yay! Can't wait to order this set...

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » May 6th 2005, 7:49 pm

You can view the S2 DVD cover art here.

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Jun 7th 2007, 5:38 am

Has anybody seen the new music video for Marylin Manson's "Heart-Shaped Glasses"? (WARNING: Not Safe For Work!)

Manson's new girlfriend Evan Rachel Wood (from "Once and Again") stars in it. Man, that nice little girl from OAA changed a lot over the years...

An article in SPIN magazine describes how they met.