More DVD Questions

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.

More DVD Questions

Post by Guest » Feb 16th 2002, 12:58 am

Would anyone know if Disc 1 of the new set will be the same as the current disc available (3 episodes)? I already own the current disc with the first 3 episodes.

Surely it'll be easier and cheaper for them during production to use current pressings of the available disc, and not do a new pressing of Disc 1 (with more than 3 episodes). If not, then all the discs of both sets (1-19 & 4-19) will be vastly different from one another. This is considering that it'll be a 4-Disc Set with a Bonus Disc for Extras, and with 4-5 episodes per disc. The 4-19 Set; 3 + 5 + 5 + 5 = 18 Episodes, therefore one disc must contain 6 episodes. This will probably mean the 1-19 Set's Disc 1 will most likely contain 4 episodes, thus being different than the 4-19 Set's Disc 1.

If this is the case, and I know this is getting seriously pedantic, I would very much prefer to get the 1-19 set...

...but then again, I'm just thrilled the entire series is getting released.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Re: More DVD Answers

Post by Jason R » Feb 16th 2002, 1:52 pm

I believe that Disc One is being redone entirely. I was told that subtitles are being added, so to do that they would be remastering. Hope this helps!

Jason

Ross Rojek
AnotherUniverse.com

Re: More DVD Questions

Post by Ross Rojek » Feb 16th 2002, 4:30 pm

Disc one will be the same as the current release. Disc 2-5 will be episodes 4-19, and bonus material. That way any fan that bought the first disc doesn't have to re-buy it from us (I personally hate it when that happens to me).

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Re: More DVD Answers

Post by Jason R » Feb 18th 2002, 9:12 pm

I stand corrected.

richard
Liberty High Student

Re: More DVD Questions

Post by richard » Feb 20th 2002, 1:19 pm

Since the target of 1000 has now been met, is there any more idea of when the DVDs will ship? are you going to try to wait for as many orders as possible to come in? Are the orders still 'pouring' in or are they starting to slow???