DVD Publicity

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Nevena
Tino

DVD Publicity

Post by Nevena » Feb 11th 2002, 10:24 pm

I was wondering what kind of publicity this DVD is going to get...and what we can do to get the word out about the pre-order page. I know there's a lot of people out there who were fans of the show and who would probably jump at the chance to buy it, but whose interest has lapsed over the years for various reasons. Speaking for myself, I only discovered MSCL.com last summer and would otherwise have no idea the DVD petition or pre-order page exists.

Any ideas/suggestions about how we can get the word out?

worldsapart
Between Names

Re: DVD Publicity

Post by worldsapart » Feb 12th 2002, 2:18 am

I submitted a link to the anotheruniverse.com page to imdb.com, so hopefully they'll accept it and put it up soon. Hmm. We could get on as many message boards as possible, that sort of thing and just let word of mouth (or in this case, word of typed word) get it going. I'm sure there are more people who would want this that have never been to this site before.

Tracey

I mock you with my monkey pants

danguyf
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Re: DVD Publicity

Post by danguyf » Feb 14th 2002, 8:56 am

Since this is the first time, as far as I know, that a group of fans has been instrumental in getting a show released on DVD, I'm thinking that various people and groups in the media might be interested. A tidbit in, say, Entertainment Weekly's "Upcoming DVD Releases" section would *definitely* get the word out. Which is to say: should anyone know anyone who reports on the entertainment industry for a living, maybe you'd like to mention the boxed set to him or her? ^_^

d@mscl