Oh do I have Good News!!! (DVD UPDATE)!

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

Re: Oh do I have Good News!!! (DVD UPDATE)!

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Feb 10th 2002, 1:02 am

I went to anotheruniverse.com and noticed that everything was set up to take our pre-orders, but I'm wondering if we should hold off until we get the official word from Mike here. I would love to know more about what is being included and what the entire cost is going to be before committing to purchase it. That's not to say that I wouldn't buy it, just that I would like to have some more information first.

"When you drink from the cup of life, chug." ~ Citibank billboard

Jack
Yearbook Team

Re: Questions about Pre-Order

Post by Jack » Feb 10th 2002, 2:48 am

By the way, how did you submit your pre-order? I've tried ordering several times now and when I get to the last page, it says to press the "submit" button at the bottom of the page. But there is no "submit" button. At least there isn't on my screen. Somebody please help me. Please.

Jack

somamoons
Overlooked Sibling

Post by somamoons » Feb 10th 2002, 3:38 am

I got a submit button Jack - the only thing I can think of is to clear your cache and try again. If you need instructions on doing that, just let me know.

Khan
Frozen Embryo

Outrageous shipping charges

Post by Khan » Feb 10th 2002, 6:35 am

This is great news. I've never seen the show but have heard many good things about it. I'm also a big fan of quality TV shows being released on DVD.

So I was determined to order the series, until I found out that postage to Australia will be US$40!!!! AND take 4 to 6 weeks!

I don't care how fast or slow the shipping is, just so long as it's affordable and $40 just isn't.

Sorry to be so negative in the face of such great news.

Ross Rojek
AnotherUniverse.com

Re: Outrageous shipping charges

Post by Ross Rojek » Feb 10th 2002, 1:22 pm

As posted on the MSCL splash page at anotheruniverse.com, we'll be charging exact shipping on overseas orders. Continental US orders will be $5.95 shipping and $1.00 insurancce. Until the package is done, we won't know exact charges on shipping (thus we aren't charging any shipping at this time).

As for the time in transit, yes it shouldn't take that long. That is there since our Virginia shipping facility is right outside Washington DC, and there are still US Mail issues resulting from the anthrax and Pentagon attacks.

When it is ready to ship, we'll e-mail every foreign order with the exact and final shipping charge and the method of shipping (Most likely USPO).

Ross Rojek
AnotherUniverse.com

Post by Ross Rojek » Feb 10th 2002, 1:29 pm

Without having to reprogram the shopping cart for this, we used the coupon as a work around. However the transactions are not being automatically processed right now. They'll be reviewed before processing and no one should be charged the shipping fee in the pre-order transaction. If it happens we'll credit the shipping back right away.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

CLARIFICATION OF INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING

Post by Jason R » Feb 10th 2002, 1:39 pm

Hey Everybody.

As listed on the ordering site, there is a set rate for US orders. The price for international shipping will be the actual, exact cost to ship to your country. According to the the CEO of AnotherUniverse, they are probably using US Post Office.

The other international shipping charges on the AnotherUniverse site don't apply here because this is a special project. You can ignore that shipping schedule.

However, if anyone thinks that a rush service should be available, let me know, and when the time comes, you may be able to get expedited shipping.

Jason

Re: CLARIFICATION OF INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING

Post by Guest » Feb 10th 2002, 3:14 pm

Does anyone know how long anotheruniverse will be accepting preorders?

Post by Guest » Feb 10th 2002, 6:50 pm

This should be made a LOT more clear on the checkout-page or at least on the coupon. I backed down from pre-ordering because it stated $60.95 as the final amount charged to my credit card ($20 + $39.95 International Shipping + $1 insurance).

Folks are very cautious making pre-order deposits already, and an unclear shopping process won't do much help in building confidence. This way you won't sell much box sets, I'm afraid, which is quite a pity. The pre-order process should be fairly easy and work without using coupon-codes and such.

A simple "click here if you are pre-ordering the MSCL-DVD Box Set" on the page where to choose shipping costs would do the trick (and make a lot of other customers *aware* this set exists in the first place!).

Torsten

richard
Liberty High Student

Re: Amazon

Post by richard » Feb 11th 2002, 9:34 am

Would it not be possible for another universe to also sell pre-orders through the amazon z-shops or something like that, as I am sure that a lot more people visit there than anotheruniverse (nothing against them, amazon are just massive). This would also then gain the dvd a link from the imdb as well.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Re: Amazon

Post by Jason R » Feb 11th 2002, 1:18 pm

Only problem I can see with that is Amazon charges 15%+ in fees. In theory, if there are relatively few orders for the box set, it could cost more to sell than to make the set. If there are a ton of orders, then it probably makes sense.

kali0927
Tino

Post by kali0927 » Feb 11th 2002, 3:34 pm

I pre-ordered two days ago and still haven't received my email from another universe about my order. Has anyone whose ordered not gotten conformation?

Justin at AU
AnotherUniverse.com

Post by Justin at AU » Feb 11th 2002, 3:42 pm

If you could email your name I will check the system to make sure we got the order ok.

justin@anotheruniverse.com

Re: problems with anotheruniverse.com?

Post by Guest » Feb 11th 2002, 5:10 pm

I tried to pre-order and I got some sort of an error after I tried to submit it. Anyone else get this?

Jack
Yearbook Team

Post by Jack » Feb 11th 2002, 5:32 pm

The same thing happened to me. First, I wasn't able to order from my own computer (the last screen didn't have the "submit" button). I was finally able to order from a friend's computer and I also haven't received a confirmation e-mail.

Jack