Got a letter from the CA Attorney General's office

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
vapspwi
Let's Bolt Regular

Got a letter from the CA Attorney General's office

Post by vapspwi » Jan 11th 2003, 12:12 am

I finally got the first bit of followup that I've ever received from any of the places where I filed a complaint against Another Universe (FBI, FTC, Attorney General, etc.). I got a letter today, dated 12/31/02, from the California Attorney General's office. It's pretty much a form letter, without any real content; it just says "thanks for bringing this to our attention," and "complaints are used to develop information about patterns of business activity which might indicate the need for formal investigation or law enforcement action by our office."

So, it's not really any particularly interesting news, but I DO think it should be an encouragement for EVERYBODY, EVERY SINGLE PERSON who has been overcharged or otherwise ripped off by Another Universe, which as far as I know covers everybody who has ordered the set from them to some extent, to file a complaint with the California Attorney General's office. It's a quick and painless, totally online process, and if everybody files a complaint, they will obviously see a "pattern of business activity which indicates the need for law enforcement action." So take 10 minutes, fill out a complaint, and stick it to AU like they stuck it to you.

JRjr

So-Called Loon
Angela's best friend

DITTO

Post by So-Called Loon » Jan 11th 2003, 12:54 am

I also filled out the online AG complaint form.

I received the basic form letter and eCommerce reccomendations today (dated 1/8/03).

I was disappointed that it was not related to AU in any direct way but it's nice to know that my info was at least processed in some way.
Been a member since sometime BR (before Ross)