Another AU screwup -- California comics shops!

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Greybird
Let's Bolt Regular

Another AU screwup -- California comics shops!

Post by Greybird » Jan 7th 2003, 5:57 pm

AnotherUniverse's ineptitude apparently is not at all limited to this "MSCL" DVD-and-vapor-extras fiasco. Their cash-flow shortage has affected comic-book stores in the California "Comics & Comix" chain, in Berkeley and elsewhere, which they apparently either own or have contracts with to supply.

AU is apparently not paying the one huge distributor for almost all comics titles in the United States, Diamond, which is in turn cutting off new comics issues to these local stores, both pissing off customers and threatening the stores' existence.

You can read more here:

http://dcboards.warnerbros.com/files/Fo ... 17605.html
Greybird of Starhaven
"MSCL" crazy since March 1995

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jan 7th 2003, 6:13 pm

Yeah there was a post about this before, it is amazing that AU is still even functioning. You piss off Diamond, you have nothing.

Anyway, Greybird, I'm guessing it was you posting on the other board. I think you should clear up a few things that you posted that sound inaccurate. You say that after "AU failed to release the set BMG released full sets..." (complete paraphrasing from memory). The way you worded it made it seem like BMG went over AUs head to come in and save the day. Which is not the case at all. BMG were not the ones that actually made it available to other retailers than AU. That honor goes to Ross himself trying to save a few bucks a disc.

You also make it sound like we all willingly paid 50% more for a (non existant) bonus disc and lunch-box. When we had all paid under the guise that the DVDs will only be available at AU (atleast not availabe elsewhere for months) and when available elsewhere not for much difference in price.

If that wasn't you who posted it on the other board, disregard my post ;)
Otherwise, thanks for sharing more news on the fall of the Rojekian empire.

EDIT- I also dont think there was ANY effort on AUs part thus far to make a bonus disc. Unless you count there effort not to pay the company who shot the video. And the effort to post bullsh!t bonus material 'release dates'.