REFUNDS FOR ALL!

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jan 6th 2003, 11:00 pm

[quote="SherryAE"]And still, I know I speak for MANY people when I say that it is NOT right that AU has angered and inconvenienced THOUSANDS of us (paying customers) by not filling our orders and ripping us off in the process ... so why not inconvenience THEM at their home a little by inquiring about OUR ORDERS??[/quote

Well unfortunately the law works against us the consumers in that way. That would be considered harrassment.

This thread is starting to walk on thin ice, watch where it goes or I will have to lockdown.

SherryAE
Tino

Post by SherryAE » Jan 6th 2003, 11:14 pm

Fair enough. This will be my last post, unless I find out any helpful information from AU worth posting.

I find it ironic though, that the law won't hesitate to jump right in to stop the customers from inquiring (not "harrassing") AU at home about our orders ... and yet NOTHING can legally be done to AU about ripping us off.

I welcome any emails... SherryAE@hotmail.com

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jan 7th 2003, 12:42 am

SherryAE wrote:Fair enough. This will be my last post, unless I find out any helpful information from AU worth posting.

I find it ironic though, that the law won't hesitate to jump right in to stop the customers from inquiring (not "harrassing") AU at home about our orders ... and yet NOTHING can legally be done to AU about ripping us off.

I welcome any emails... SherryAE@hotmail.com
You don't have to stop posting. This is against anything you were saying, it just isn't good for MSCL.com if discussion continues in the direction it was heading. We have been there before.

I agree wholeheartedly with the idiocy of the legal system. Unfortunately nothing gets done. It's the same dilemma with someone arrested with some weed getting 20+ years while child molesters and rapists walk in 5.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Jan 7th 2003, 8:01 am

Don't waste your time calling AU repeatedly. They don't care. I don't think it is harassment to call a business to inquire about something, but in the case of AU it certainly is an exercise in futility. It also gives them the ability to blame you, as they still view themselves as victims.

Your final message can be something like this: "this is my last call to you, I am now going to begin to call your suppliers and comic trade magazines, attorney general, IFCC, FTC." And none of this is any good unless you follow up the talk with action.

I feel that they don't care about the problem because it is, for the most part, contained internally. Squeaky wheels don't have to only focus on AU, though.

Jason

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Au, what else

Post by lance » Jan 7th 2003, 10:30 am

Hey all,

I just wanted to thank SherryAE and others for posting here about this subject. I know that this dead horse of a subject has beaten up but good. I also know that many of you are very tired of this and would like to move on to happier, greener pastures, I know I would. Yet, as long as MSCL'ers are owed refunds this matter needs to be pursued.

SherryAE, Jason and others who have the energy, motivation and desire to continue to fight this good fight should be commended. Please, let us know what you find out.

Thanks,

Lance Man

SherryAE
Tino

Post by SherryAE » Jan 7th 2003, 7:10 pm

Well, surprisingly enough, I received an email response from AU today ... here's what they said ....

"These remaining items didn't arrive in time to be shipped with the sets and we were told they would be shipped to us in December. But we have not received them or been informed as to when we will be receiving them from the overseas manufacture. As soon as we get them we will ship them out to customers."

Customer Service
Another Universe

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I find this insulting that they haven't SPECIFICALLY mentioned what is the ACTUAL CAUSE of the delay. According to the email above... the overseas manufacturers have NOT informed them of WHEN they will be shipped out. That's a damn lie. I work in an electronics factory and every single day we correspond with overseas manufacturers. The number one rule of thumb is: if the order is late, canceled, changed, etc.. we're notified immediately ... and not just notified but INFORMED as to WHY the order is late, canceled, changed, etc.

Basically what I'm saying is that if an order is late from overseas ... that specific manufacturer is obligated to inform you about it and EXPLAIN WHAT THE PROBLEM IS!

But according to AU... the overseas manufacturer hasn't informed them on WHEN the items will be shipped? BULL! They know EXACTLY WHY .... They're just not telling us. I know we all know this. But we have a right to find out WHAT the problem is, since WE are the paying customers.

I replied to AU's email ... here it is:

May I ask for the name and contact information of the overseas manufacturer? I'd like to ask them when the remaining items in the dvd set will be shipped out.

If you're unable to give me their contact information ...
can you please tell me WHY the overseas manufacturer hasn't informed you of the new shipping date?
Or is it because there ISN'T a new shipping date?
And if that's the case, will I receive a partial refund on the bonus dvd
and lunchbox?

Has correspondence been cut between your company and your overseas manufacturer?
If so, I'd greatly appreciate this manufacturer's contact info, so I may ask on behalf of myself and all the other MSCL pre-paid customers.

Awaiting your reply,
Sherry

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know it's very unlikely they'll reply... but in case they do... I'll let everyone know.

I still haven't phoned them because I don't get off work until 5pm and the AU office hours close at 4:30pm. I'll try and call in the morning if I have a chance before I head out the door to work.

I'm not finished with them. Not until we get the rest of our orders or our well deserved refunds... because we've been MORE THAN PATIENT!

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Jan 8th 2003, 1:36 am

Well, if GWhiz told AU they would get the lunchboxes in December, that was probably back when GWhiz thought they'd actually get paid.

It seesm every AU excuse has something to do with other companies telling AU when they can ship, but it's hard for those other companies to stick to that date when they don't get paid.

And Jason...is that the Seinfeld diner in your photo?
- Jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com (audio, video, tabs, lyrics, etc.)

so-called customer
Between Names

Post by so-called customer » Jan 8th 2003, 1:54 am

But we have a right to find out WHAT the problem is, since WE are the paying customers.
We already know what the problem is. AU hasn't paid for the lunchboxes. No payment, no shipment. AU doesn't give a rat's ass about the paying customers, otherwise none of this fiasco would have started in the first place. They would have shipped the sets and extras on schedule and everyone would have been happy. Instead, AU figured the MSCL set was a great way to plug money into their cash starved company, adding a few extra overcharges when things got tight again. Steal from Peter, pay Paul, but now Peter is broke and Paul isn't shipping the lunchboxes without payment.

Simple!

BTW, I don't mean to sound hard on you Sherry. I admire your persistence, but I don't think you are going to get very far on this one. I'd be contacting my CC comany and asking about what your options are for a partial shipment refund. I think it highly unlikely lunchboxes or bonus discs will ever materialize, and holding out may just ruin any chance of seeing a refund AU goes out of business. I can guarantee you will never get AU to give you any money back - they don't have it to give.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Jan 8th 2003, 2:58 am

Yeah, it's Tom's on 115th and Broadway. We went down there on Sunday.
dTheater wrote:
And Jason...is that the Seinfeld diner in your photo?

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Jan 8th 2003, 3:00 am

Actually, AU did pay for the lunchboxes shortly after paying BMG. The issue is getting them shipped out to customers when they are received sometime in jan or feb. I spoke with the manufacturer and the lunchboxes were completed and to be sent out.

That is why it is frustrating that there has been no word about it from AU.
so-called customer wrote:
But we have a right to find out WHAT the problem is, since WE are the paying customers.
We already know what the problem is. AU hasn't paid for the lunchboxes. No payment, no shipment. AU doesn't give a rat's ass about the paying customers, otherwise none of this fiasco would have started in the first place. They would have shipped the sets and extras on schedule and everyone would have been happy. Instead, AU figured the MSCL set was a great way to plug money into their cash starved company, adding a few extra overcharges when things got tight again. Steal from Peter, pay Paul, but now Peter is broke and Paul isn't shipping the lunchboxes without payment.

Simple!

BTW, I don't mean to sound hard on you Sherry. I admire your persistence, but I don't think you are going to get very far on this one. I'd be contacting my CC comany and asking about what your options are for a partial shipment refund. I think it highly unlikely lunchboxes or bonus discs will ever materialize, and holding out may just ruin any chance of seeing a refund AU goes out of business. I can guarantee you will never get AU to give you any money back - they don't have it to give.

SherryAE
Tino

Post by SherryAE » Jan 8th 2003, 9:15 pm

Wow! So AU actually paid for the lunchboxes and are waiting for them to be shipped? ... then why did AU say in last night's email that they DON'T KNOW when their manufacturer will ship them? If AU has already paid for them, then what in the hell is the problem?

And let's say AU has indeed paid for the lunchboxes and will ship them to us .... that still doesn't explain where the bonus dvd is!!
Has that been paid for too?

Does anyone know the overseas manufacturer? Name, phone number?

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 8th 2003, 9:23 pm

Contact info for GWhiz was posted here
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Jan 8th 2003, 9:35 pm

oops i think the addy i gave was wrong

it is robert@gwhizonline.net

(slight difference. ha!)

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 8th 2003, 9:40 pm

Unless you want to contact the music company!

:wink:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Jan 8th 2003, 11:36 pm

SherryAE wrote:And let's say AU has indeed paid for the lunchboxes and will ship them to us .... that still doesn't explain where the bonus dvd is!! Has that been paid for too?
Whether it's been paid for or not, they're not gonna ship it before they get the Lunchboxes and vice versa. We seem to know the story of the lunchboxes -- AU paid way late, so the lunchboxes were delayed and are now shipping. But when you ask AU about the bonus disc, they just say, "As soon as our vendors ship the lunchboxes and bonus discs to us, we will ship them." So either they also waited as long as they possibly could to pay the bonus disc manufacturer (even though it was hinted that either A - AU was producing the discs themselves or B - the discs were in production as early as December), or they never paid for them and don't plan to. If there was even the slightest progress, I think they'd make that clearly known in these form responses since it would be the only progress they've made in months.

Since we know Gwhiz is doing the lunchboxes and we can contact them, AU was pressured into paying them, but since we don't know anything at all about who is handling the bonus discs (I'm assuming), AU can sit on their hands for as long as they want without any pressure to get them made. Because all we can do is fire off e-mails at AU and stew while we wait.
- Jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com (audio, video, tabs, lyrics, etc.)