Another AU address is gone

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Another AU address is gone

Post by GaryEA » Jan 3rd 2003, 2:12 pm

I just read about it on another forum and verified it myself; the thomas@anotheruniverse.com address returns with a message stating that it does not exist.

My apologies if this has been mentioned previously.

Gary
Last edited by GaryEA on Jan 3rd 2003, 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Howard
Yearbook Team

Post by Howard » Jan 3rd 2003, 5:15 pm

Either Thomas got canned, or he got one too many of these kind of checks that Ross is so infamous for:

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Jan 3rd 2003, 6:10 pm

admit it, you just like using that animated gif. it is funny because it is so true.

know what else was humorous? Going to my accountant and showing him that all of the bounced checks, wires from different people and even Western Union payments from my supermarket were from AnotherUniverse.com. Actually, none of them said "CMIH" or "AnotherUniverse." Thank goodness bad debt is a nice deduction.

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Jan 3rd 2003, 6:27 pm

Mustn't... stare... at... the bouncing... check...

:D

Gary

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Jan 3rd 2003, 6:34 pm

I stared at more than my fair share of them. :shock:

These days, I go to my mailbox and I almost faint out of shock because my current crop of clients pays on time.

Ross needs to learn a lesson. Send bounced checks repeatedly to people and see how they act. Once is an accident and twice is intentional. Same thing with pissed off customers. They have a right to be aggravated. They are not "Crazy MSCL Fans." They are rightfully-pissed customers.

It's not enough to point at everybody and blame them and tell them that they are crazy. </rant> :D

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Jan 3rd 2003, 7:15 pm

No reason to faint over your mailbox Jason - your clients are simply treating you with the respect you and everyone would expect from a business arrangement. I'm happy to hear you're getting it after months of this crap.

And we're not nuts. somewhere along the line, a message here and there on another forum who probably didn't give a damn, plus the apathy from AU got that perception started.

We're consumers who happen to be fans. The retailer is failing to live up to the bargain, especially in the P.R. department. Leave a mass of upset people without info, much less their money, and see how they react.

If Ross and AU did what they were supposed to, none of this would be happening and we'd be singing their praises. Didn't happen. Fingers were pointed, excuses were made, and now.... nothing. AU has nothing to say.

(EDITED) I'm sure if the lunch boxes and bonus disc are ever delivered, it'll be without announcement. No apology fro AU, no mass email starting with "Well, the long road is finally at an end." It'll happen as though there was never an issue.

Unless he steps forward and is willing to take some bruises, it'll all catch up to him. He HAS to reconnect with the customers. Now. Not after the goodies are delivered. Now.

One can only hope.

Gary
Last edited by GaryEA on Jan 3rd 2003, 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Jan 3rd 2003, 7:25 pm

No indication that the refunds are from AU, btw*. Most of what I've heard from people is that their cards are providing the refunds and either going after AU or writing it off to goodwill. Hard for AU to brag about that.

*some people have received refunds after making legal threats.

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Jan 3rd 2003, 7:34 pm

I stand corrected on that point. Thank you sir.

Gary

So-Called Loon
Angela's best friend

That "dynamic CEO" Ross Rojek!

Post by So-Called Loon » Jan 3rd 2003, 10:08 pm

Along these lines, i followed this URL to PR WEB but the link to the final destination was no longer active.

Appy-polly-logies if someone has posted this before. I thought the text that WAS there was good for a laugh.

2 Interviews with CMI Holdings :roll:

Things have changed a tad since June.
Been a member since sometime BR (before Ross)

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Jan 4th 2003, 12:17 pm

Howard wrote:Either Thomas got canned, or he got one too many of these kind of checks that Ross is so infamous for:

Laughing until it hurts!.

Lance Man