News from Ross (sort of).

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

News from Ross (sort of).

Post by Jason R » Dec 21st 2002, 12:39 am

From f*ckedcompany.com. Posted by the one person that I know Ross Rojek is still speaking to. You will see the name Crack. That is a short version of his nickname, CrackWhoreCEO.

This does STILL not explain what happened with the double charge money. However, I do think that his "slow Christmas" has something to do with your not getting your money back.

"Crack has answered as to why the money isn't there for immediate refunds. And Z, I promise this is my last post, but it needs to be made.

He says that there were very few cancellations made before September, when Jason began this campaign and convinced hundreds of fans to cancel their orders. The problem? The pre-orders were meant to fund the printing, and Crack had already used the money to pay the printer (BMG).

On top of that, chargebacks on credit cards come with a heavy penalty against the vendor, and Crack was paying those penalties out of funds garnered by other areas of his business, reducing the petty cash he had available to honor refunds.

With the original income from the pre-orders earmarked for BMG, the sudden rash of cancellations/chargebacks and slow Christmas sales, Crack didn't have the money out of pocket to perform all of the refunds immediately. He is still earning the 'invested' money back by selling the MSCL sets that those who pre-ordered them no longer want.

Per Crack, the last requisition on the bonus DVD has cleared and it's ready for printing and distribution. He is still waiting for the lunchbox manufacturer to give him a ship date. As soon as both are available he intends to ship them out together to everyone who ordered the $120 set. He says that all preorders and backorders of the MSCL set have been shipped (sans lunchbox/bonus CD), and that all refunds should be completed by the end of January.

Maybe someday he'll come back and verify what I've posted on his behalf, but for the time being I'm afraid he couldn't give a s**t less what anyone on this board thinks...and I don't blame him.

From here on out, Jason, you're totally on your own"

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Dec 21st 2002, 12:56 am

(A little Rant and Venting, please excuse me):

Well, if he delivered the product on time, he wouldn't have had cancellations. This "rush of cancellations" still does not give a reason why the lunchbox and dvd did not have money to get made.

I don't think there is a legal explaination as to why they weren't done for the Sept 17th deadline.

He dug his own f###ing grave, but I guess he's not finding it too comfortable.

Edit: GRRR. I don't know why I even care, I'm square as AU is concerned (my bank came through for me). But it still pisses me off. He had WAY more money than "expected" because of the double charges. Then he can't even get the lunchbox and dvd made on time because he doesn't have enough money.

WHERE DID THE MONEY GO ROSS? WHERE DID IT GO?

Thats some piss poor management there, when you can't even get a product delivered even WITH thousands of dollars more than you expected to get. What kind of loser screws up so badly that he can't even pull this off. Granted, there were rights issues and other delays on the box set, BUT YOU STILL HAD TIME TO GET THE LUNCHBOX AND DVD MADE, BUT YOU F###ED THAT UP PRETTY GOOD TOO!

Now he's just trying to cover his butt and stay out of jail. Mistake or not, ROSS BROKE THE LAW. They're coming after you Ross, hear the sirens yet?
Last edited by andrewgd on Dec 21st 2002, 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

so-called customer
Between Names

Post by so-called customer » Dec 21st 2002, 12:56 am

People don't initiate chargebacks when they are confident they will get a refund within the legally required timespan.

In my experience, there are no "hefty penalties" from chargebacks, they simply don't pay you the money, which is no big deal if you haven't shipped product.

Having chargebacks initiated on unauthorised charges is his own damn fault. Again, had these been properly refunded as they should have been, the chargebacks wouldn't have occurred.

People bailing on his company has little to do with Jason. It has to do with months of poor (ie no) service, and the fact that every one of AU's promises was broken along the way.

Cry me a river...

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Dec 21st 2002, 1:13 am

When you count what he owed me, he had even more cash at his disposal.

Rickie Love
Yearbook Team

Post by Rickie Love » Dec 21st 2002, 2:54 am

:shock: "Poor Ross"?? Is he really trying to sell that? I agree with Andrew completely - Ross is just trying to stay out of jail. That's some weird logic...how can he expect anyone to believe that he had no money when we all paid SO long ango, some of us twice (yep, me too). I don't get it...
"Oh, just say the word and she's a footnote in history. I'll make it look like a painful accident..."

Lurker1999
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Lurker1999 » Dec 21st 2002, 4:04 am

FWIW chargebacks do cost the vendor quite a bit of money. The credit card companies will charge a vendor a fee for chargebacks and take the money out of their merchant account without notice. Plus if enough chargebacks occur the company that's processing the cards for the vendor may jack up the % charge per charge making it more expensive for the vendor to do business. Get enough chargebacks and the processing company may even dump the vendor and list them with visa/mastercard which will make finding another processing company quite difficult.

I'm quite certain Ross paid a large number of chargeback fees simply from the posts on this board. What I hope is that his credit card processing is now costing him quite a bit more.

But in the end I have my money back, my credit card company has hopefully nailed Ross with a nice hefty chargeback fee for the 3 separate transactions and I have my nice DVD set from DDD.

Cap'n Fool
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Cap'n Fool » Dec 21st 2002, 5:20 am

so-called customer wrote:People don't initiate chargebacks when they are confident they will get a refund within the legally required timespan.
Exactly.

Ross appears to be one of those pathological cases who thinks that every problem in his life is someone else's fault. What a loser.

Cap'n Fool

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Dec 21st 2002, 12:49 pm

That thread is full of things that could only have come from him. Which means that he is reading our posts. So nice to communicate with your customers through other people!

http://forum.fuckedcompany.com/ubb/Foru ... 22-16.html

Same drivel blaming his problems on my "business psychosis." Yeah, all of his problems are because I was crazy enough to bring this project to his criminal organization. That was a pretty psychotic thing for me to do.

I think the real problem is that he doesn't seem to *have* the money that he overcharged people. How that is my fault, I don't know. Especially since he didn't pay me what he owed me anyway. Like so many others, he suckered me into working for free for many, many months.

As far as blaming me for Ventura, etc. Do you really think that a consultant has the ability to alter a contract for a client? If I did alter the agreement, he could have fought it with BMG saying that I did not have the authorization to enter into agreement on his behalf. However, it's just more Ross lies.

The net is closing in on him, though. It is plain as day that his stories do not add up.

Jason

mephisto
Angela's best friend

Post by mephisto » Dec 21st 2002, 2:25 pm

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:The net is closing in on him, though.
oh, I'm so looking forward to the next disclosures...

"My so-called Ross" - the new daily soap :roll:
The Unofficial AnotherUniverse.com/My So-Called Life DVD-Booklet - Finally available for download!

*** The AU/RR appreciation Site ***

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Dec 21st 2002, 3:23 pm

Not really *any* new disclosures. No disclosures about when you are getting money back, just pretty much more of the same finger pointing. In fact, it seems like there is no money left to send back. :roll:

mephisto
Angela's best friend

Post by mephisto » Dec 21st 2002, 5:32 pm

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:Not really *any* new disclosures. No disclosures about when you are getting money back, just pretty much more of the same finger pointing. In fact, it seems like there is no money left to send back. :roll:
I'm sure there's more coming up. I can't wait for the episode where Ross goes to jail ;)

I'm just lucky that I got my money back (for the double charge). But I guess we have to accept that a majority will never see their money again. And that the Lunchbox and the Bonus DVD will never ship. If you ask me even more reasons to file complaints
The Unofficial AnotherUniverse.com/My So-Called Life DVD-Booklet - Finally available for download!

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Dec 21st 2002, 6:10 pm

EDIT

I had a major rant here, but as a moderator, I felt it was necessary to clarify myself and to be more objective in my response. So I'm retracting my statement and will simply say this...

I've read the FC thread and I'm angry about it. Four points are constantly being ignored;

- Money is owed.
- Product is owed.
- Explanations are in order, and none come "officially" (i.e. learning of progress on the bonus discs through the FC board)
- Nobody is taking responsibility.

If there was still a clear, concise understanding as why there were delays, why there were overcharges and why those overcharges weren't taken care of, it would be a different story. This board would simply be killing time waiting for AU to deliver and rectify the charges.

I'll also admit that I've had it with this board being attacked and seen as Jason's angry posse out to get Ross no matter what. I may not have ordered my set from AU, but I do care about the board and how it's perceived, as well as everybody getting what they paid for.

My thanks to Jason for his continued efforts, and I hope things will turn around in the new year.

Take care.

Gary

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Dec 22nd 2002, 11:15 am

I don't get too bent out of shape over the FC threads. As far as I can tell, 90% of the postings are by the same 4 people using different names or pretending to be different people.

Howard
Yearbook Team

Post by Howard » Dec 23rd 2002, 11:31 am

All debts will be paid by January???

COOL & GROOVY! I'll be standing out by my mailbox like Charlie Brown waiting for his valentine from the Little Redhaired Girl!

(The above post is rated XS for Extreme Sarcasm. Reader discretion is advised.)

mephisto
Angela's best friend

Post by mephisto » Dec 23rd 2002, 11:36 am

Howard wrote:All debts will be paid by January???
sure, Ross promised!

the more I think about it, the more I like Michael Moore's idea of "Corporate Cops"