It IS possible! I got my refund check today TOO!!!

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Rickie Love
Yearbook Team

It IS possible! I got my refund check today TOO!!!

Post by Rickie Love » Dec 10th 2002, 5:51 pm

Well...color me stunned. Got home and what do I see slid under the door... a fedex letter pack - from AU! As Ducksqueak mentioned, I am NOT posting to gloat. It took a lot out of me, this whole thing, and hopefully our posting to let others know that it actually WORKED, will inspire some of you to keep fighting for what is rightfully yours.

I too got a money order - and I had literally given up as of yesterday. I'd played every card I could think of. I have to say, it was the threat of legal action, and some choice words from a 'friend' that got Ross' attention. I got the brush off several times, and finally just spelled it out, asking Ross if he's just FLAT OUT LYING to people now (he'd promised over and over, via email, that I was 'NEXT') and stealing from them?? Extreme Exasperation, in the end seemed to work. He finally relented, saying he'd rather just cut me a check than 'continue dealing with this'. NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF BEING A PAIN IN THE ASS. :twisted:

I want to personally say a huge THANK YOU!! to Jason - I do not believe I would have received my refund without his help. Thank you for your advice and for caring about all this and not giving up. I am still in shock..although, I will say that as a final f*ck up...AU managed to get my first name completely wrong on the MO. :roll:

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL.

p.s. In the interest of brevity, I did not mention details, nor did I post the actual back and forth emails..but if anyone wants them or has questions, just PM me and I'll be happy to let you know more.
"Oh, just say the word and she's a footnote in history. I'll make it look like a painful accident..."

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 10th 2002, 6:33 pm

Go deposit that thing before it self destructs (a la Inspector Gadget)!

:D
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

ducksqueak
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by ducksqueak » Dec 10th 2002, 6:47 pm

OMG!!! My last name was completely butchered on the MO, but I signed it with the fake name anyway. There is no way I'm losing this money now.
"Gee, you're beautiful when you're unconscious."
---Link in "Hairspray"

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 10th 2002, 6:54 pm

Hmmm, maybe that is AU's new method - make out the money orders incorrectly so that they can't be cashed. I hope your bank accepts it with the fake name.

Make sure it isn't dated 1998 while you're at it.

:wink:

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Dec 10th 2002, 6:56 pm

The money order method is totally consistent with a company hiding its tracks and hiding its assets. Somebody, somewhere, has a big ol' bag o' money. All of the other accounts are empty.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 10th 2002, 7:00 pm

And I can just picture Ross at the local bank holding up the line with his multiple money order requests and everyone else behind him mumbling complaints. Just another way for AU to mess up someone's day.

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Dec 10th 2002, 7:00 pm

Is there any name on the money order saying who it is from? Any identification at all?
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Dec 10th 2002, 7:05 pm

My checks from them bounced. Then they would follow it with a wire. The wire would get "lost in the aether" for weeks. Once, the check bounced, the subsequent wire was lost, and they finally sent me a Western Union transfer at my supermarket. HEHEHE.

The wires and money orders and checks always came from different names and different accounts. A few came from Leslie, the bookkeeper, and one even came from some guy Robert Morris, or something like that. They probably stole it from him.

My other clients? I just look in my mailbox on the 17th (2 days after the 15th), and 9 times out of 10 the check is there.

AU really, truly sucks. Did I mention they suck and that Ross is a thief?

Jason

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Dec 10th 2002, 7:11 pm

Jason Rosenfeld wrote: AU really, truly sucks. Did I mention they suck and that Ross is a thief?

REALLY?!??! Jason you can't just now out of NOWHERE start saying that! :o :roll: :wink:

You have to watch out for that æther... hmm but imagine when someone goes through the seat cushions of the æther how much "change" they are going to find :lol:

so-called customer
Between Names

Post by so-called customer » Dec 10th 2002, 7:15 pm

Could I suggest that before cashing your money order you get a photocopy of it? That way, should there be any further problems (ie it's a fake MO, or some authority is looking for evidence of misdealings) there is evidence available.

I'm glad some of you are getting this settled finally. My CC company came through and reversed my charges.

Rickie Love
Yearbook Team

Post by Rickie Love » Dec 10th 2002, 7:25 pm

Just NOW got back from the bank, deposited that bad boy via ATM - signed my ACTUAL name on the back. Ok, in the interest of full disclosure :wink: ...they put Amanda and my NAME is Amy, so I think I'll be ok. Leslie signed mine, btw and I rushed off to the bank so f*cking fast, I forget which bank it was drawn off of..I want to say Bank of the West?? In Sacto, I know that. I remember everything else being ok, it damn well BETTER BE!!!. I'm not giving it back :evil:

It was made out yesterday, pretty sure the year was ok, and THANK YOU VERY MUCH CANDYGIRL FOR MAKING ME SECOND GUESS!!! :lol:

Anywho, unless it DOES self destruct and takes my local Albertson's out along with it, I think my ordeal is at long last done. I'll still sign anything that comes down the pike - signed both petitions and filed complaints EVERYWHERE - and if there's any way I can help, details or whatever, let me know.

Peace.
"Oh, just say the word and she's a footnote in history. I'll make it look like a painful accident..."

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 10th 2002, 7:43 pm

Rickie Love wrote:It was made out yesterday, pretty sure the year was ok, and THANK YOU VERY MUCH CANDYGIRL FOR MAKING ME SECOND GUESS!!! :lol:
To completely contradict President David Palmer on 24, we need some mass hysteria.

:D

Oh wait, we already got that after AU stopped answering phone calls and emails.

Seriously, I was just trying to warn everyone that even though that money order is in your hand, "miles to go before we sleep." I don't want anyone to get a notice from the bank two weeks from now saying that there was a problem with that deposit.

ducksqueak
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by ducksqueak » Dec 10th 2002, 7:59 pm

That MO is going in the bank tomorrow. I can't remember who said to make a photocopy but that was excellent advice. When the FBI finally contacts me, I can show them how shifty Ross and the crew are.

MO comes from Bank of the West (sounds so totally fake) and Leslie signed it. God bless her. As for the fake name, Costanza suddenly became Costonza. I signed it with the o but if they are gonna sit there and analyze it, it still kind of looks like an a.

I'll keep you all informed if this baby clears. Although after reading Jason's story and the story of Howard Price (former freelancer), I can't help but wonder if this is just the beginning. I'm not done yet and I'm not tired of fighting.

I was thinking about calling them and thanking them for the refund but then I realized it's my money. They never had the right to use my money in the first place. Don't normal, dare I say, reputable companies only charge you after the item ships anyway??? (There are so many questions I want answered.) But then I realized that I probably should call under the premise of thanking them so I can talk to Ross and then go f***ing crazy for the rest of you. I'm calling the second that company opens tomorrow or should I wait until closer to the holiday so I can ruin his??? So many ideas to ponder. Thinking of the millions of ways this could go down.....
"Gee, you're beautiful when you're unconscious."
---Link in "Hairspray"

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 10th 2002, 8:05 pm

ducksqueak wrote:But then I realized that I probably should call under the premise of thanking them so I can talk to Ross and then go f***ing crazy for the rest of you. I'm calling the second that company opens tomorrow or should I wait until closer to the holiday so I can ruin his???
Why do I get the sneaking suspicion that Ross doesn't get to the office bright and early? Oh wait, because you can steal people's money any time of day!

:x

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Dec 10th 2002, 8:44 pm

If it is in fact a money order, you shouldn't have a problem. They have to give the bank money and then the bank gives them what amounts to a check from the bank. Banks usually don't bounce their own checks. So you should be ok. It sounds like its not a check from AU, but basically a check from the bank.

It sounds like Leslie is definitely one of the people Ross has gotten to hide money for him.

You did say you've already notified the IRS of the situation, right?
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."