Additional links and information on CMI and AU

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Howard
Yearbook Team

Post by Howard » Nov 25th 2002, 5:49 pm

Heaven help AU had they pulled this stunt with their true core customer base -- comic book fans. The villagers would have been at the gates with torches and pitchforks. :lol:

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Nov 25th 2002, 6:45 pm

"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 25th 2002, 7:00 pm

"Stop taunting Ross. He didn't steal the money, he was just holding onto it for a while. No crime in that."

Uh, HELLO!! I can only imagine how well that would work as my defense if I was "holding onto" (sic - but why am I not surprised that someone speaking in AU's defense would make a grammar mistake like that?) some money from, say, the cash register of the liquor store down the block.

And "taunting"?! That's what she calls it when people demand their money back? It's called a REFUND.

I wonder what Zelda's definition of stealing is - then again, she is Ross's wife so...
Last edited by Natasha (candygirl) on Nov 25th 2002, 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Nov 25th 2002, 7:02 pm

That is someone pretending to be Ross's girlfriend. the spelling is different.
candygirl wrote:"Stop taunting Ross. He didn't steal the money, he was just holding onto it for a while. No crime in that."

Uh, HELLO!! I can only imagine how well that would work as my defense if I was "holding onto" some money from, say, the cash register of the liquor store down the block.

And "taunting"?! That's what she calls it when people demand their money back? It's called a REFUND.

I wonder what Zelda's definition of stealing is - then again, she is Ross's wife so...

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 25th 2002, 7:06 pm

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:That is someone pretending to be Ross's girlfriend. the spelling is different.
Oops, my bad!

jenrose
Tino

Post by jenrose » Nov 25th 2002, 8:21 pm

reading these message boards are really sad. i can't believe that grown business people are acting this way. the message boards at fu**ed company or whatever that is, are some of the most childish stuff i have read in a long time. i'm a business major (and a music minor), hoping to do arts management....anyway, i'm just wondering why i would want to deal with adults that act like this. i mean, why refer to yourself as crackwhore CEO. there is nothing professional about that. jason, how do you deal and is this something you come across in everyday business practices?

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Nov 25th 2002, 11:53 pm

A lot of what i learned in business school applied to the real world, and a lot of the entertainment business is a bit atypical. However, there was a time when sites such as FC and Dotcom Scoop, Netslaves, etc. truly chronicled the rise and fall of dotcom companies. With very few dotcoms to pick on these days, the sites broadened to cover other businesses besides tech/dotcom. Some, like FC, with no need for registration have been overrun with what people call "trolls," or just lots of psychobabble. That's why most of the old users have taken conversations offline.

It used to remind me of a computer users group from the old days, when people with common interests and geekiness would gather, trade software, etc. And at the time of the tech wreck, lots of "vultures" or "vulture capitalists" used to hang around the boards and look for potential properties to buy or people to hire. If you knew a company was firing everybody and you needed an xml guy, you could find them at a site like FC or Dotcom Scoop. Ross was in the process of acquiring properties at fire sale prices.

I don't know why Ross picked the screen name that he picked. I just assumed it was because the site had a fairly brash name to begin with and I guess he thought it was cool or funny. I don't think he is a crack user, despite what his name may be or how he may act.
jenrose wrote:reading these message boards are really sad. i can't believe that grown business people are acting this way. the message boards at fu**ed company or whatever that is, are some of the most childish stuff i have read in a long time. i'm a business major (and a music minor), hoping to do arts management....anyway, i'm just wondering why i would want to deal with adults that act like this. i mean, why refer to yourself as crackwhore CEO. there is nothing professional about that. jason, how do you deal and is this something you come across in everyday business practices?

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Nov 28th 2002, 3:28 am

I did some searching around Ross' previous posts on F#ckedcompany.com under his screen name CrackWhoreCEO (How exactly was it found out that that was him anyways?)

Here's some interesting tidbits...nothing useful, just interesting:

http://forum.fuckedcompany.com/ubb/Foru ... 97671.html
CrackwhoreCEO
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok, so I'm buying Star Trek The Next Generation Season 1 DVD set. I check the wholesale DVD supplier we use, and they've got it listed as $139.99 retail and $97 wholesale. Just for giggles, I check amazon.
They've got it for $104. Free shipping and no tax. Now buying it wholesale through the company, I still have to pay sales tax, but on the wholesale price, so my cost would end up being $104.52, and we have to pick it up.

So for $0.52 less I can have it delivered to my door.

While this doesn't work for everything (paperback books an obvious exception) the hardcover and DVD discounts, free shipping and easily available coupons (buy $35 get $10 off) pretty much makes it an obvious choice.

So what was the point of amazon trying to make a profit again?

Then there's a thread about: Television shows that begin with the letter M:
http://forum.fuckedcompany.com/ubb/Foru ... 97671.html
Someone else gets to My So-Called Life before RR. But then RR goes and mentions Monk. How weird/ironic is that, Jason?
CrackwhoreCEO
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It doesn't matter who starts the fight, just who walks away.
Followed by - no one is larger than you from behind.
CrackwhoreCEO
reg posted 2002-08-28 14:59:00
It isn't easy. Lots of companies are now looking at doing DVD releases themselves, and don't want the competition.
Also it's expensive. Lots of up front cost and time in negotiation. And if you are counting on selling it through retail channels (Best Buy etc) they are going to want large discounts and returns.

But it can be done.
This has some interesting comments:
http://forum.fuckedcompany.com/ubb/Foru ... 64134.html
CrackwhoreCEO
reg posted 2002-08-14 02:58:00
quote:
Originally posted by Sean in South Bay:
You run your own business for profit yet you are running part of Pud's business for free.

Lets say its a hobby. I'm giving something back for the amusement value I've received here.

Plus I'm hoping to blackmail pud for something one day.
Ha ha ha: http://forum.fuckedcompany.com/ubb/Foru ... 60311.html

Sorry, this was a bit long...but insomnia was striking again, and I was hoping to find some good dirt. Anyways, I hope someone finds these links/quotes a little amusing at least.
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

zero
Liberty High Student

Post by zero » Nov 28th 2002, 4:33 am

Nice work Sherlock!

mephisto
Angela's best friend

Post by mephisto » Nov 30th 2002, 6:11 am

that's from FC.com too
Originally posted by TomTerrific:
Look up fraud in the dictionary. They use his picture as an illo.
haha, just looked it up in "Roget's 21st century thesaurus"

fraud [n1] trickery, deception
artifice, bamboozlement*, blackmail, cheat, chicane, chicanery, con, craft*, deceit, double-dealing*, dupery, duping, duplicity, extortion, fake, fast one*, fast shuffle*, flimflam*, fourberie, fraudulence, graft, guile, hanky-panky*, hoax, hocus-pocus*, hoodwinking*, hustle*, imposture, line, misrepresentation, racket, scam, sell, shakedown*, sham*, shar practice*, skunk*, smoke*, song*, song and dance*, spuriousness, sting, string, swindle, swindling, treachery; see fool, illegal behaviour, morality

fraud [n2] person who is false, deceitful
bastard, bluffer, charlatan, cheat, counterfeit, crook, deceiver, double-dealer*, fake, forger, four-flusher*, hoaxer, horse trader*, impostor, infomercial man, mechanic*, mountebank, phony, play actor*, pretender, quack*, racketeer, ross rojek, sham*, shark*, swindler; see bad person

fraudulent [adj] deceptive, false
bamboozling*, counterfeit, crafty, criminal, crooked, deceitful, devious, dishonest, dishonorable, double-dealing*, duplicitous, fake, forged, mock, phony, pseudo, rossy, sham*, spurious, swindling, treacherous, tricky; see morality, genuineness
The Unofficial AnotherUniverse.com/My So-Called Life DVD-Booklet - Finally available for download!

*** The AU/RR appreciation Site ***

fourwordman
Tino

Post by fourwordman » Dec 13th 2002, 7:53 pm

So-Called Loon
Angela's best friend

Post by So-Called Loon » Jan 4th 2003, 1:09 am

candygirl wrote:I agree - they want to stereotype everyone on this board as a bunch of rabid obsessed crazies when in fact this board is probably the tamest and least offensive that I have ever seen.
That people here, especially Jason, are blamed for everything is so ludicrous since none of what's happened here would have if the sets had just arrived in their entirety in June with exclusivity intact and no overcharges.

For rabid, you want to go to a forum discussing religion. Yeow!
Been a member since sometime BR (before Ross)

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Jan 4th 2003, 1:15 am

I think that at this point people would have settled for "lunchboxes and bonus discs in November and no double charges." There just comes a point where every promise is broken and you don't want to hear anymore.

That's why it might not matter that Ross Rojek is not communicating with customers. If he spoke, nobody would believe him anyway.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jan 4th 2003, 1:39 am

I agree - Ross has lost his credibility, as far as I am concerned. Whether he promised me the merchandise that I already paid for or the Statue of Liberty, I wouldn't believe him.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Jan 5th 2003, 2:09 am

I believe the opposite; he's got to start communicating with the customers again.

Step one is to start speaking out, and staying around when the heat is turned up. If he does that then people may (key word) start believing him.

Step two is to continue to remain accessible in some form after the bonus items are delivered and the refunds are continued to be processed.

Look, he's backed himself into a corner and he decided to walk away (the whole "things look smaller when they're behind you" theory). Yet he doesn't understand the venom thrown in his direction. Crazed fans. Lunatics. Can't be reasoned with.

Bullsh!t.

It's because of the vaccuum created when AU stopped communicating that the furor continues. It's the partially the reason why Jason remains aggressive on the other boards. If AU won't keep the momentum going to get this project completed, we have to.

They sent a quick email about the lunch boxes - great. Now follow that up with more info, especially a basic review of what's going on with the boxes, bonus discs and refunds.

AU/Ross needs to start talking again, and continue to do so until the matter is closed. Then he can worry less about us and more about his Twilight Zone project or whatever else he has brewing.

Gary