We need more moderators.

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Dec 9th 2002, 2:58 pm

When you do split the DVD forum into two, I would suggest keeping the customer support/complaint forum as:

http://www.mscl.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=10

Since there have been many letters/articles that have been written and sent using that link to get here, it should probably remain the same, so people may find it.
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

Denie
Between Names

Post by Denie » Dec 9th 2002, 4:27 pm

I second candygirl's nomination! She'd make a great moderator. :D

I would love to help out, but there aren't enough hours in the day to take care of all my other obligations. I know - mscl should be priority #1, but explain that to my boss!
If only there were a button somewhere that I could push. To force me to stop talking.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 9th 2002, 4:30 pm

Let me talk to your boss - I'll explain it all.

:wink:

(you know how bosses are - they're all like, "Hey you're at work," and you're all, "Yeah, I know," and then they're all like, "Well why aren't you working?" and you're all like, "Duh, I AM working," and then they're like, "No, I meant working on your WORK," and then you're all like, "Whatever! Be a little more specific next time!")
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Candygirl Rules!

Post by lance » Dec 9th 2002, 7:30 pm

Hi all,

I have no heat in the basement at the moment so I will have to type quickly before I lose all feeling in my hands.

I think that Candygirl is by far my top choice for a MSCL moderator. Here is why:

She is extremely bright, well versed on all things MSCL as well as other genres (Buffy Rules!).
She communicates very well and gets along well with all the regular posters here.
She has gone out of her way to make "newbies" feel at home. I was a frozen embryo once.
She has good flexiblility at her job to monitor the situation here at the forum.
She is here a lot, almost a 1,000 posts.
She seems to have a solid technical knowledge of DVDs and computer related items.
She flirts well. (I know that this isn't exactly a qualification but it helps :wink:)

Anyway I have to go and warm up. I still wish to help out but I do think that Candygirl should get all do consideration for a position as moderator.

Thanks,

Lance Man

P.S. I have not received any bribes or tickets to warmer climes on her behalf.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Re: Candygirl Rules!

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 9th 2002, 7:54 pm

lance wrote:I have no heat in the basement at the moment so I will have to type quickly before I lose all feeling in my hands.
I just had to tell you that this reminded me of morning detention in high school. Our school had a very strict tardiness policy - every time you are tardy, you get detention. Everyone is required to have six classes, so theoretically you could end up with six detentions in one day if you were really slacking. There were two detention sessions per day - one after school (2:30-3:30pm) and one the next morning (6:30-7:30am). One of my friends had an issue with getting to class on time. Actually it was more like she didn't make it a priority. In the Pilot when Rayanne and Rickie keep admiring themselves in the bathroom while Angela races for the door when the bell rings - my friend was Rayanne and Rickie. It was like she just didn't hear it. Or something. Anyway, 6:30am detention sucks any way you cut it. In order to stay awake, she would write me these whacked out notes but one of the things I remember her saying in several of these notes was that it's really hard to write when your hands are frozen into ice chunks. Your basement reminded me of that. :D
She flirts well. (I know that this isn't exactly a qualification but it helps :wink:)
Uhhh, you were the one who started flirting with ME! :wink:
P.S. I have not received any bribes or tickets to warmer climes on her behalf.
Does that mean you don't want me to send you the three pounds of lint I saved up just for you? :cry:

Seriously though - I really appreciate all the nice things you guys have been saying. It reminds me why I came here in the first place - to find a community. MSCL forums rock because of our members!

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

JPP13
Angela's best friend

Post by JPP13 » Dec 9th 2002, 9:34 pm

Whenever I see your name I think of Iggy Pop...

"candy, candy, candy I can't let you go..."

I'm also a big Buffy fan. have been very satisfied with the season so far, particularly after last year. if its the swan song, its going well.

<--------sure to get yelled at for being off-topic.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 9th 2002, 9:46 pm

I love that song! That was one of the "play at maximum volume and sing at the top of our lungs in the car after school" songs my friend and I always had on tap.

Fast forward a few years - I had a job working with Candy Maldonado's wife and he used to come by once a week or so to say hi to her. I'm not a huge baseball fan, so I wasn't an impressed groupie or anything. When I found out who he was, I told my boyfriend (who IS a huge baseball fan) so we started talking about that Bow Wow Wow song "I Want Candy." I seguewayed into the Iggy Pop/Kate Pierson song and he looked at me like I was crazy. He tried to tell me he had NEVER heard that song before. Turned out he was just trying to drive me crazy. :wink:

Disclaimer: this "Candy" song obsession isn't quite as obnoxious as it might appear - I chose this username because I like to eat candy, not because my parents named me Candy. :D

P.S. Every time I see you online from now on, I will think you are singing this song and then I will start singing it too!

JPP13
Angela's best friend

Post by JPP13 » Dec 9th 2002, 9:53 pm

Bow Wow Wow - wasn't she like 14 when they recorded that song?

*desperately racking brain to think of new candy songs*

Eh, best I can do under pressure is "Lips Like Sugar" by Echo and the Bunnymen.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 9th 2002, 10:00 pm

Dude, I still have that tape!

Sugar kisses!

:P

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 9th 2002, 10:02 pm

[no fair for anyone to mention Mandy Moore's "Candy" song because, well, just because all the other Candy songs are way better!]

:D

JPP13
Angela's best friend

Post by JPP13 » Dec 9th 2002, 10:05 pm

I actually had a chance to see them last year in Atlanta playing with the Psychedelic Furs. Ian can still belt.

"Under the Milky (Chocolate) Way" by the Church?

I'm really reaching.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 9th 2002, 10:54 pm

That'll do in my humble opinion.

Extra points for the reach!

JPP13
Angela's best friend

Post by JPP13 » Dec 9th 2002, 11:11 pm

I think you are flunking your first trial run as a moderator. This incessant off-topic chatter can't possibly be tolerated.

"Angels Want to Wear My Red (Hots) Shoes" - Elvis Costello.

OK, I'll stop now.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 9th 2002, 11:27 pm

Actually (and this may be cause for extreme slapping) I'm okay with drift - it's what makes a message board seem like a real conversation but without the urgency of Instant Messaging.

Uhhhh, and you started it with the Iggy Pop song! That's an acceptable excuse, right?

:wink:

JPP13
Angela's best friend

Post by JPP13 » Dec 9th 2002, 11:32 pm

I suppose an extra allowance should be made for "Soda Jerk" by Buffalo Tom, seeing as how it was on the YouKnowWhat soundtrack.

About your icon thingie, I must say I'm tired of Spike. I hated the relationship last year with Buffster, and I'm bored with his current role. I'd like to see, say, Xander end it for us. Unless maybe Drusilla returns, that could be interesting.