print this page

Fanfiction

The Interactive FanFiction Story

One of the longest-running fanfiction stories on the 'net.

Chapter 11: What About Your Friends?

jump to chapter | jump to review | jump to next chapter | go back to main story outline

Chapter 11: What About Your Friends?

written by Joie

added on: 26 Jun 2001 - based on characters created by Winnie Holzman

(ANGELA and RICKIE turn to see JORDAN hanging around behind them. ANGELA stares at him, at a loss. RICKIE looks uncomfortable.)

RICKIE: (to ANGELA.) Um.. um, Angela, unless you, like, want me to stay, or something, I'm just gonna...

ANGELA: It's fine. I'll see you later.

(ANGELA pecks RICKIE on the cheek, RICKIE exits off up the HALL, exits into GIRL's BATHROOM. ANGELA looks after him, then sighs.)

ANGELA (VO): I realised, suddenly, in those few seconds? That there's this line, that you have to draw between your friends, and boyfriends. Which, I never really considered, like, properly before. I told Rayanne, once, that I didn't care who she went out with, but maybe I haven't been so careful myself.

JORDAN: Hey.

ANGELA (VO): And I also realised, that it was either Jordan, or my friends. Not just Rayanne, but Rickie, Sharon, Brian... everyone.

JORDAN: Hey, Angela?

ANGELA: Don't even talk to me.

JORDAN: What?

ANGELA: "What?" Like, you don't know. I saw you, okay, before, when you were being like that, with Rickie, okay, I *saw* you, so don't even bother.

JORDAN: Angela, I'm- I'm sorry. (ANGELA says nothing.) Didn't... I thought you were in love, like, you said you liked me, just now.

ANGELA: Maybe I do. But that doesn't mean anything Jordan. I might like you, yeah, okay. But it's not easy, to keep liking someone, when they keep acting like such a jerk.

JORDAN: I'm sorry, okay, what more can I say? It's just... I really like you too, and it seems like, just, everyone's tryina get in the way, of us.

(ANGELA bites her lip, then fixes JORDAN with a stare.)

ANGELA: Yeah, maybe everyone's trying to tell me something.

JORDAN: An-

ANGELA: No, forget it Jordan. (ANGELA starts to walk away.) Just forget it.

jump to chapter beginning | jump to review | go back to main story outline

Next Chapter

expand

Add your own next chapter

Reviews for this chapter

Waiting for 10 votes before displaying rating information.

No reviews so far for this chapter.

expand

Add your review

expand

Report this chapter to the admins


“School is a battlefield for your heart.”

Angela Chase, Episode 1: "My So-Called Life (Pilot)"